Travelle Wharton cut by Bengals

32 years old., no. it makes less then 0 sense to bring in these 32 year old players who won't be here in 1 or 2 years

Better to let our plethora of young OL that have been groomed by this team over the last couple of years to step up

I'm not worried about our G spot as I feel we have players that will step up and be ready

I disagree, Snorom--if one of our interior O-Line starters (and I'm including Legursky as the starter at at LG) goes down, we've nobody decent or experienced behind them at G/C to step up. If Wharton can still play I don't care if he's 32 and we only keep him for one year, he can help solidify an O-Line right now that was pretty decent last year but has suffered with Levitre's departure. Get 'er done, Dougie!

You can criticize Nix for a lot of stuff but his oline evaluations were money. If they think we are fine there, that is one spot where they deserve some trust.

I also do not feel worried about the O-Line especially since our HC was an O-Lineman. I think he knows if we will be OK or not in those spots.

Don't forget this team is trying to get younger and no longer bring in old guys who will just sign with the Bills to collect a paycheck.

Why was he cut? Injuries?

Injuried his ACL last preason, His back up did a good job, and was penciled into start, they drafted a couple of young guys, and his price tag was to high compared to the other guy 3 to 4 mil). Article felt he was still a good player, but just a victim of circumstance. It seems we had recovered well from the ACL, and was set for camp. Not being a high profile guy, I think he would come for a reasonable price. Always thought o-line was a strength, and I didn't feel they did a good job replacing lost players. I would rather see him then B. Moore. At 32, I don't expect him to be there long, but he has been a starter for 9 seasons so he has some value.

Too much of this: "Let's give (insert aging injured cut vet name here) a try and see if he can work out". Waste of time. That's exactly what this team has been doing for the last 13 years. Let's try something different. Let the young guys play and let's see what happens. Stop the patchwork BS of other teams throw aways, which is exactly what this guy is, and why he was cut.

32 years old., no. it makes less then 0 sense to bring in these 32 year old players who won't be here in 1 or 2 years

Better to let our plethora of young OL that have been groomed by this team over the last couple of years to step up

I'm not worried about our G spot as I feel we have players that will step up and be ready

Well, the Bills have played like a bunch of ladies in recent years...

Is this sarcasm?

Is this sarcasm?

Doesn't look like it. Sould be sarcasm IMO. Plethora of young sucky OL we've groomed to hopefully be solid backups is more like it. I'd love to sign Moore or Wharton if the price is right. Both are upgrades and our QB and CJ need all the blocking they can get.

You can criticize Nix for a lot of stuff but his oline evaluations were money. If they think we are fine there, that is one spot where they deserve some trust.

i will consider Marrone a better evaluator of what he has in hand than what Nix projected to be value.

Buddy's time has passed and we have a new sherriff in town.

Interesting to see if they take a look. we have room for one more before camp i heard to make it 90.

I've been in the "shoulda picked up a vet for left guard camp " after Andy split.

Legursky doesnt solve that for me this year .

But it's Coach Dougs line i think. we shall see what he can do with what he has it seems

I disagree, Snorom--if one of our interior O-Line starters (and I'm including Legursky as the starter at at LG) goes down, we've nobody decent or experienced behind them at G/C to step up. If Wharton can still play I don't care if he's 32 and we only keep him for one year, he can help solidify an O-Line right now that was pretty decent last year but has suffered with Levitre's departure. Get 'er done, Dougie!

They are looking at this year as a developmental one. Like preseason and training camp all year long. They will not used roster space to pick up older vets unless their is an absolute hole to fill, which in case of the G spot ( :w00t:) has already been done..