Are the Bills/Stevie gonna regret this photo posted on FB?

It's a 10 Deep shirt - streetwear brands are always a little edgy! Also, that shirt is cool!

Seems silly to get upset over this one...

I'm not upset. I am puzzled however. This was not SJ tweeting the picture. This was the official Bills social media people doing it on Facebook.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap. The problem isn't with Stevie. He is a football player who is wearing a shirt. He's not a priest.

The guy is 26 year old and married with kids. He's never been in legal trouble, has a college degree, & worked from the bottom to a profession that pays him millions. He is the definition of success. He is also one of the all time Bills in taking pride in Buffalo. He played with a QB that struggled to throw 10 yards. TO would have thrown Fitz under the bus. SJ doesn't quit on routes like Moss. He doesn't assault teammates like Steve Smith. He doesn't head butt his girlfriend like 85 or wear a rug like Welker.

This is so laughable but leave it to some of the high & mighty saint Bills posters to find fault. SJ is one of the best things about this team & every other fan base would laugh at the fact this is even an issue.

But this is way worse than the Pouncey twins wearing Free Hernandez hats. Think of the children!!!

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Love what he can do on the field, hate the way he conducts himself like a 12 year old EVERY CHANCE HE GETS.

So, until he starts making meaningful plays in meaningful games, I have no tolerance for his shenanigans.

Because while he's laughing all the way to the bank, and while he thinks he's the cutest thing under the sun, we're the ones who have to suffer through losing season after losing season.

This all just doesn't line up. Do you like how he performs on the field or not? Is it his fault the Bills have been losing?

How about this...

Who has been our most consistent offensive no forget that overall player the last 3 years? How does wardrobe choice have anything to do with anything related to the football field?

Holy crap. The problem isn't with Stevie. He is a football player who is wearing a shirt. He's not a priest.

The guy is 26 year old and married with kids. He's never been in legal trouble, has a college degree, & worked from the bottom to a profession that pays him millions. He is the definition of success. He is also one of the all time Bills in taking pride in Buffalo. He played with a QB that struggled to throw 10 yards. TO would have thrown Fitz under the bus. SJ doesn't quit on routes like Moss. He doesn't assault teammates like Steve Smith. He doesn't head butt his girlfriend like 85 or wear a rug like Welker.

This is so laughable but leave it to some of the high & mighty saint Bills posters to find fault. SJ is one of the best things about this team & every other fan base would laugh at the fact this is even an issue.

But this is way worse than the Pouncey twins wearing Free Hernandez hats. Think of the children!!!

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Personally, I don't think being the 20th best receiver, never going to a Pro Bowl and never being on a winning team is the "definition of success," nor do I think being a professional athlete, successful or otherwise, gives you license to be a jackass.

Do you think Fred Jackson would EVER show up to ANYTHING wearing any of this ****?

I respect what you're saying here, CB, but I don't think it's as much what Stevie hasn't done - - it's more about what he's doing by posing for this picture with that shirt on. I don't think it's a big deal. I actually laughed when I saw it.

But I still don't consider it acceptable.

And, since you mentioned it, yes - he is a family man with young children. That makes it even more unacceptable.

As an NFL player, it's not his duty to be a role model to America's children.

As a dad, it IS his duty to be a role model to HIS children.

My stance: Funny, harmless, inappropriate.

This all just doesn't line up. Do you like how he performs on the field or not? Is it his fault the Bills have been losing?

How about this...

Who has been our most consistent offensive no forget that overall player the last 3 years? How does wardrobe choice have anything to do with anything related to the football field?

It's this stupid mindset fans have here. If a team is losing, all the players are losers. Call it the Aaron Schobel theory.

I just hope this nonsense doesn't make it back to SJ. He'd probably wish he'd signed with SF.

Everytime I say it, I get criticized but I will do it again. When will people realize that this guy will do nothing but embarass himself and this team. "why so serious", "Happy New Years", dont work out in off season, bomb Boston and now this. Seriously. Past behavior is always the biggest indicator of future behavior. Let's be done with this guy. If he was a ferious competitior it would be another thing, but those folks would never get penalized for wearing a stupid "why so serious" shirt. Hey Jerk- your team has not been in the playoffs for over a decade- it is serious.

How about this...

Well, we've already identified--in this thread--TWO games he could have won all on his own and failed to do so.

Our most consistent offensive player? I don't think that's cut and dry. I think you could say Andy Levitre was just as consistent, you could say the same for our running backs too.

You could probably say Kyle Williams was as consistent or more. You could argue Byrd has been, too. You could argue Leodis has been just as consistent on KR/PR.

To say Stevie Johnson is the one and only bright spot on this roster is categorically false.

As for his antics, I'm tired of them. Simple.

It just seems like he never misses an opportunity to be a little 'edgy.' In this case, he wore a t-shirt to a photo shoot that reads "!@#$" and has a 69 joke and a middle finger pin stuck to it. He had to have looked at that shirt, those accessories and known that somebody somewhere wouldn't approve plenty of people would find it funny, and that's what compelled him to do it...it seems.

Fixed.

I respect what you're saying here, CB, but I don't think it's as much what Stevie hasn't done - - it's more about what he's doing by posing for this picture with that shirt on. I don't think it's a big deal. I actually laughed when I saw it.

But I still don't consider it acceptable.

And, since you mentioned it, yes - he is a family man with young children. That makes it even more unacceptable.

As an NFL player, it's not his duty to be a role model to America's children.

As a dad, it IS his duty to be a role model to HIS children.

My stance: Funny, harmless, inappropriate.

This is a touchy subject here. Can actors or musicians not be good parents because they swear in their roles as entertainers? Also, you're looking at it through the mind of an older person. Most kids would have no idea what it means.

He played with a QB that struggled to throw 10 yards. TO would have thrown Fitz under the bus. !!

Actually, when asked in November of 2009 what he was thankful for, TO responded, "Ryan Fitzpatrick".

Who has been our most consistent offensive no forget that overall player the last 3 years?

Jaruis Byrd.

Everytime I say it, I get criticized but I will do it again. When will people realize that this guy will do nothing but embarass himself and this team. "why so serious", "Happy New Years", dont work out in off season, bomb Boston and now this. Seriously. Past behavior is always the biggest indicator of future behavior. Let's be done with this guy. If he was a ferious competitior it would be another thing, but those folks would never get penalized for wearing a stupid "why so serious" shirt. Hey Jerk- your team has not been in the playoffs for over a decade- it is serious.

Grumpy old man alert!

1) SJ hasn't been on the team for a decade.

2) obviously, Calvin Johnson is a worse football player than SJ because Detroit 4-12.

3) most of all those instances, we're talking about t shirts. Not murder, drunk driving, bashing teammates or coaches, drugs, etc. T shirts.

4) and this is the best thing a out the Internet. The ability to criticize people. It's easy to throw stones when you're hidden. I'm gonna venture a guess that the majority of posters have done something worse than wear a t shirt with a questionable word. Unless this is the Vatican message board.

Actually, when asked in November of 2009 what he was thankful for, TO responded, "Ryan Fitzpatrick".

Jaruis Byrd.

That was compared to Trent Edwards who made Fitz look like Dan Marino. I suggest you google TO & Jeff Garcia & McNabb.

I've seen worse at spencers in any mall....

Well, I know where I'm leading my next protest! And to recap: NE fans are talking about murder, Denver is talking about suspensions, Bills fans are talking about shirts.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Then he should quit football and put his name in for open-mic night at Zanies.

Look, I understand the process of linking "immaturity" to a lack of football focus, but you're on a very slippery slope.

Where do you draw the line? Should NFL players have to be celibate hermits in order to completely devote themselves to the game? I mean, having a wife and kids certainly takes time away from a focus on football. Branch and Lawson missed OTAs because their respective kids were born. How dare they? Are they focused on football or not?

Maybe these "high character guys" should stop quoting the Bible and read the playbook instead? These charity football camps for kids obviously get in the way of film study, right?

And look at Brady and Manning, all that time filming commercials is surely affecting their play, isn't it?

I'm being facetious to point out how easy it is to find perceived distractions or a lack of focus/commitment to football.

Edited by uncle flap

I think getting rid of him for a shirt he wore at some time (maybe not even recently) is a big over reaction.

What he does off the field, no matter how embarrassing, is his business as long as he can still play the games.

However the on field stupidity that costs the team definitely has to go.

Well, we've already identified--in this thread--TWO games he could have won all on his own and failed to do so.

Our most consistent offensive player? I don't think that's cut and dry. I think you could say Andy Levitre was just as consistent, you could say the same for our running backs too.

You could probably say Kyle Williams was as consistent or more. You could argue Byrd has been, too. You could argue Leodis has been just as consistent on KR/PR.

To say Stevie Johnson is the one and only bright spot on this roster is categorically false.

As for his antics, I'm tired of them. Simple.

We know you're tired of them which is why even the smallest simplest reason gets you up in arms about him.

Jaruis Byrd.

Alright so let's go through the list of candidates:

And Levitre - played good to great at G. When moved around the line (one of his best attributes supposedly) he struggled mightily. Still I won't hold it against him. I won't even hold against him the fact he bailed on Buffalo (even though Stevie had the chance and stayed). Good candidate but on the line. What is easier to replace a 3 time 1000 yard receiver or a lg (neither of which have been to the pro bowl)? Still I will give you Andy.

Our running backs? Which one? The one who just broke out last year? Or the one who has spent considerable time on the injury list the last 2 years?

Kyle Williams? The one who played 5 games 2 years ago? The one who has 10.5 sacks the last 3 years combined?! The one who has been part of the worst defenses in Bills History(not fair I agree but somehow you're holding Stevie to the "they lose bc of him theory)? Can't say I agree here - though I do like Kyle.

Leodis? The one who only found his role last year?

Byrd? The one who had 1 pick 3 years ago? Or the one who had 3 picks 2 years ago? I'll also add the "played on the worst defenses in Bills history here (again I know it's not fair but you keep holding Stevie to this standard).

I didn't say Stevie is the lone bright spot. I said he has been the most consistent player on the Bills the last 3 years. He has dealt with injuries and played through them. The in-game antics? After he made a vow to not have them be an issue - did it happen even once last year? He didn't bolt for greener pastures (Levitre and possibly Byrd), hasn't missed significant time due to injury (Williams and Jackson), and has proven himself for 3 years now instead of 1 (McKelvin and Spiller).

I'll give you Levitre and Byrd to be generous that still leaves him in the top 3 for this team. Tell me again how his wardrobe changes these facts?

This is a touchy subject here. Can actors or musicians not be good parents because they swear in their roles as entertainers? Also, you're looking at it through the mind of an older person. Most kids would have no idea what it means.

I'm looking at it as a father of a 10-year-old. And my son would likely not get it. He might see the "F" word in there, but he wouldn't understand the "69," part. Regardless, it's irresponsible as a parent, in my opinion.

Actors are portraying someone else, whether it's fiction or non-fiction. Athletes are themselves.

Musicians often swear/do inappropriate things in order to entertain their fans. Madonna, for example, raised children while taking the stage in underwear. I view that as different, too.

Stevie Johnson was being Stevie Johnson. No one paid money to see that picture. His value as a football player doesn't go up with off-the-field attention.

I just think he crossed an unnecessary line this time. Again, I say, I have no problem with it, personally. I'm just saying why it was the wrong thing for him to do.

I think getting rid of him for a shirt he wore at some time (maybe not even recently) is a big over reaction.

What he does off the field, no matter how embarrassing, is his business as long as he can still play the games.

However the on field stupidity that costs the team definitely has to go.

I agree for the most part but we saw nothing last year with him on the field. In fact, he was pretty boring & kinda disappointing with how tame he was.

But given how exciting this team has been, lets neuter any player that dare bring some flair and swag to this team. Blue Collar Buffalo hates style!