With the #X pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select....

OLB at first guess. Lawson and Hughes have underperformed and it's unknown how they will play for Buffalo, while Scott is up there in age, and out of his natural S position to cover TE's. I like and agree with the prior poster's guessing TE and CB as a possibility as well.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, OLB Khalil Mack at UB is monstrous and is within reach of a couple ncaa records (FF and TFL). Could be great value if he slides due to bring from a MAC school, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in rd 2-3.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few weeks away from 2013 Camp and you ask this? Really?

But, But, with EJ already entering year one of his NFL career shouldn't they be looking for his replacement?

If he sucks he will be gone year 3. If he's great he will leave after his rookie contract is up.

I'm positive Brandon's analytic dept. has this all figured out though.

Edited by Best Player Available

But, But, with EJ already entering year one of his NFL career shouldn't they be looking for his replacement?

If he sucks he will be gone year 3. If he's great he will leave after his rookie contract is up.

I'm positive Brandon's analytic dept. all has this figured out though.

Stop it!!! Just Stop it....You're making my head hurt! :wacko:

If the Bills really really stink (a possibility with rookie head coach, rookie QB and very young WRs) then the best picks are Jadeveon Clowney DE/OLB and Teddy Bridgewater QB depending on how Manuel looks

if the Bills have one of their normal 6-10 to 8-8 seasons then a player like Austin Seferian-Jenkins a very complete TE, Chandler had a pretty good season last year but Seferian-Jenkins could be a top 5 TE

A couple different possibilities:

-Some growing pains and unfamiliarity with the new system leads the team to a slow start and picking somewhere between 5-10. We then draft Clowney after he has a slightly disappointing season (how could he not, given the hype right now) and the first few teams pick QBs. Then with Jadaveon, Mario, Kyle and Marcell we'll have one of the best pass rushes in 2014.

-EJ comes on somewhat unexpectedly like Russell Wilson did last year and leads the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in over a decade. We pick somewhere in the twenties and who cares who we draft, we made the freaking playoffs!!!

-Probably the most likely scenario would be something in between those two, EJ comes in around midseason and struggles a bit but shows a lot of promise. We take the best available O lineman in the middle of the 1st to protect our boy.

-Probably the most likely scenario would be something in between those two, EJ comes in around midseason and struggles a bit but shows a lot of promise. We take the best available O lineman in the middle of the 1st to protect our boy.

This is the first I've heard of this [likely] scenario. All other teams who have grabbed their future QB have done something similar in years following their rookie season. With our RBs, WRs, DL & secondary in check for years to come (Byrd pending), I could see this as the likely route.

If we finish in the bottom 5 this year, there's no question in my mind that we make an attempt to grab Johnny Football or Clowney if they are available.

We wouldn't want to pull a Maybin again now would we?

I will play... EJ starts midway through the season, keeps us in games, but we lose a bunch of close ones. As a team, we make major improvements, just not in the W/L column.

With the 4th pick, in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina... I see next season being a QB heavy draft, and Clowney having a season that makes him less "godly". He falls to us and we have Mario and Jadeveon reaking havoc on our d-line and FINALLY pushing over the hump to a playoff birth

I will play... EJ starts midway through the season, keeps us in games, but we lose a bunch of close ones. As a team, we make major improvements, just not in the W/L column.

With the 4th pick, in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina... I see next season being a QB heavy draft, and Clowney having a season that makes him less "godly". He falls to us and we have Mario and Jadeveon reaking havoc on our d-line and FINALLY pushing over the hump to a playoff birth

boom.

26CornerBlitz - here's my 'best-possible' scenario based on our schedule this year....you tell me why I'm looking beyond. New Coach, New QB, New System.

1 - Pats=L

2 - Panthers=L

3 - @ Jets=W

4 - Ravens=L

5 - @ Browns=W

6 - Bengals=L

7 - @ 'phins=L

8 - @ Saints=L

9 - Chiefs=L

10 - Steelers=L

11 - Jets=W

13 - Falcons=L

14 - @ Bucs=L

15 - @ Jags=W

16 - 'phins=W

AT BEST (maybe) we finish 6-10. Check out the # of teams coming off the bye week before we play them if you don't believe our BS sched....: http://www.buffalobi...76-c632ea671dbc

That's your best-case scenario. You're a fool if you really think that.

BEST case scenario (but unlikely) is really something like 10-6/11-5

My prediction at this very moment:

1 - Pats=L

2 - Panthers=W

3 - @ Jets=W

4 - Ravens=L

5 - @ Browns=W

6 - Bengals=L

7 - @ 'phins=W

8 - @ Saints=L

9 - Chiefs=W

10 - Steelers=L

11 - Jets=W

13 - Falcons=L

14 - @ Bucs=L

15 - @ Jags=W

16 - 'phins=L

17 - @ Pats = W

Games on that list that I have us losing that we could win: Ravens, Week one Pats, Steelers, Second Fins game.

All jokes aside, where do we end up picking next year and who do we select?

What makes sense from a position standpoint?

I wouldn't mind continuing to select a QB until we finally get it right. Better than missing out like year's past.

BILLIEVE EJ MANUEL ROTY CIRCLE THE WAGONS

Admin feel free to move this to another thread....just didn't find one which discussed the "loaded" draft class for next year, according to analysts.

Johny Manziel