Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

likewise.

but was just saying that i thought in a shooting a case could legally go forward without a victim pressing charges, though agreeing its highly unlikely in THIS case.

I was directing the correction to Bob.

The case could go foreward, but, as Bob pointed out, unless the DA has some chance to successfully prosecute, they won't waste their time.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was directing the correction to Bob.

The case could go foreward, but, as Bob pointed out, unless the DA has some chance to successfully prosecute, they won't waste their time.

i was too directing at bob -- pointing out that i was likewise agreeing with him but simply had a point of clarification, like you had just posted you did.

Edited by NoSaint

I can't celebrate anyone's misfortune. One man is dead. One family is heartbroken. And things will be tough for the Hernandez family as well when and if Aaron goes to prison.

Can you celebrate, if guilty, a murderer being removed from walking free within society? I have a family and when this happens I'd feel better with one less murderer on the street. This isn't about revenge, it's about justice. As for AH's family, how can I feel for them when Aaron couldn't even right before he pulled the trigger?

Edited by kas23

As for AH's family, how can I feel for them when Aaron couldn't even right before he pulled the trigger?

easily. even if he pulled the trigger, its a shame that they are having to deal with coming to terms that their brother, son, father, fiance, has done whatever he did. their lives are all effected by this, and even if AH turns out to be a killer, i can feel compassion for his family having to come to terms with this.

Lest AH think he can just keep quiet, he'll have to have a sit down with Sir Roger who will suspend him indefinitely.

well, im also not sure the NFLPA will go for that but it would depend what comes out and how the case progresses. this doesnt get sticky for the NFL until training camp. im sure they are hoping the DAs office makes a play long before then.

I can't quite put my finger on why it is, but this thread has gone from really good to just dreadful over the last few days.

lack of new info for atleast 4 days now.

well, im also not sure the NFLPA will go for that but it would depend what comes out and how the case progresses. this doesnt get sticky for the NFL until training camp. im sure they are hoping the DAs office makes a play long before then.

The NFLPA has no say. They agreed to Sir Roger's PCP. Ideally AH will start cooperating, but he won't be able to remain silent forever, at least without a major hit to his wallet.

Where was this "sworn statement" by the drug dealer made? Who did he swear it to? Certainly not the police--he is only on record saying he doesn't know who shot him. What crime will they charge him with if he refuses to make a statement to the cops ID'ing AH?

That is exactly what I and others are saying. From a criminal standpoint many of the posters are of the opinion that this very thin claim by a street creep has little merit.

the statement would be if he goes forward with a civil trial. one pretty much must assume hes going to testify in open court to the events of the evening, should it go to court.

A civil case can take years before it gets to a trial stage, if it even gets to that stage. Considering the caliber and credibility of the claimant, who has not made a criminal complaint, I doubt that the procecutor would be too interested in being involved in a such a problematic case.

The NFLPA has no say. They agreed to Sir Roger's PCP. Ideally AH will start cooperating, but he won't be able to remain silent forever, at least without a major hit to his wallet.

That hasn't stopped the NFLPA from throwing hissy fits and suing the NFL

That is exactly what I and others are saying. From a criminal standpoint many of the posters are of the opinion that this very thin claim by a street creep has little merit.

We'll see how much merit the civil case has, but unless the vic files a criminal complaint, there will be no criminal charges.

That hasn't stopped the NFLPA from throwing hissy fits and suing the NFL

True. But it still won't stop Sir Roger from suspending AH if he doesn't start cooperating, as a way to spur things along.

We'll see how much merit the civil case has, but unless the vic files a criminal complaint, there will be no criminal charges.

True. But it still won't stop Sir Roger from suspending AH if he doesn't start cooperating, as a way to spur things along.

I do not believe the NFL will do anything unless and until there are criminal charges filed. The civil suit is a distraction. In the murder, AH is guilty of something - he either did it or knows who did. Ray Lewis all over again. The NFL will have to react once criminal charges are filed. Waiting game until then.

easily. even if he pulled the trigger, its a shame that they are having to deal with coming to terms that their brother, son, father, fiance, has done whatever he did. their lives are all effected by this, and even if AH turns out to be a killer, i can feel compassion for his family having to come to terms with this.

I get what you are saying and respect your feelings. But, for me, if AH doesn't give a flying F about what his loved ones would have to go through, why should I, a complete stranger, care? I can't be Mother Teresa and I'm not Jesus paying for people's sins. Maybe if his family paid more attention to his troubles, which now appear to be many, and helped his better deal with them, perhaps he wouldn't be in this predicament. This clearly isn't a guy who woke up one morning and decide to murder someone. It's likely been in him for years and years and his life didn't develop on a vacuum.

Edited by kas23