Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

Don't know if anyone posted this yet here, but YIKES!

Here's a tweet from reporter Wesley Lowery:

Prosecutor: Police have #Hernandez on tape with firearm and saying "you can't trust anyone anymore" before picking up Lloyd.

That doesn't sound good for Aaron.

Link:http://sports.yahoo....-184503162.html

Edited by BuffaloBob

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much has surfaced about his past that I would release him if I was an NFL owner.

Yeah, I realize it's big business and, yeah, I realize he hasn't been convicted of anything yet. I'd still let him go.

All the stuff that's surfaced was already known by the Pats. And the gun charges alone were enough to get him suspended for awhile. But the Pats knew that murder charges were coming AND likely that there was good evidence against him.

Edited by Doc

Don't know if anyone posted this yet here, but YIKES!

Here's a tweet from prosecutor Wesley Lowery:

Prosecutor: Police have #Hernandez on tape with firearm and saying "you can't trust anyone anymore" before picking up Lloyd.

That doesn't sound good for Aaron.

Link:http://sports.yahoo....-184503162.html

and THAT is the kind of incredibly dumb thing that i was saying lastnight you never know if itll show up in our debates on the florida incident. while he would never sign a document admitting it, you just never know if they will do something STUPID that maybe comes back to haunt him. a voicemail, a text, a random video while bragging, a recording from the person suing etc....

apparently he was stupid enough to do so this time around though...

and THAT is the kind of incredibly dumb thing that i was saying lastnight you never know if itll show up in our debates on the florida incident. while he would never sign a document admitting it, you just never know if they will do something STUPID that maybe comes back to haunt him. a voicemail, a text, a random video while bragging, a recording from the person suing etc....

A signed confession in the FL case would have been stupid (and judging by the recent incident, and as I said, believable), but at least would have been honorable.

Exactly. Look at the guys they've pulled off the scrap heap in the past to play WR.

Except Brady never played without all of his targets. His top 5 won't be playing to start the year. That's different then before where he always had at least one guy he depended on with him at all times.

This feels good, like the beginning of the end for the Pats.

Edited by Ralph W.

Are you really still engaging in this exercise of mental masturbation? They also have video of him at the industrial park with a gun in his hand. They apparently have a boatload of physical and surveillance evidence placing him at the scene. Even if he bragged over the phone and you could convince someone he MIGHT be talking about that shooting in Florida, it ain't gonna be enough. I know, now you're going tell me how maybe he typed or wrote out a confession document and signed it and mailed to himself in a sealed envelope, he kept a gun powder residue sample from his hand, placed the unregistered weapon in plastic with his fingerprints carefully preserved thereon, recorded a memo to self on his cell phone which he also carefully preserved in plastic telling in vivid detail how he just shot is friend and how deeply remorseful or happy he was about it, and actually called the cops and let them know that any time they want him, he's available for questioning and he'll be happy to show up with all of his carefully preserved forensic evidence for their perusal and careful study! :doh: Hey, maybe he even recorded a video of him with his stricken friend laying on the ground which he has since posted on the Internet!

Edited by BuffaloBob

Kinda surprised at the Murder 1. As I understand it, the Prosecution now has to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it was premeditated. Was he responsible for the killing? Quite likely. Was it with forethought or heat of the moment? If the jury can't be convinced it happened with premediatated intent to kill, it could hang the jury or set him free. No?

Kinda surprised at the Murder 1. As I understand it, the Prosecution now has to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt it was premeditated. Was he responsible for the killing? Quite likely. Was it with forethought or heat of the moment? If the jury can't be convinced it happened with premediatated intent to kill, it could hang the jury or set him free. No?

if they have video of him before picking the guy up, gun in hand making comments about how he cant be trusted... followed by an execution style murder... that hurdle doesnt seem quite as high.

Edited by NoSaint