Can the Bills Win More than 3 Games ?

Owen

10-6. We should have finished 9-7 last year, but for a few numbskull plays called by Gailey, and the most disappointing defense in team history.

We are improved this year, and our defense has to be a top 15 d. Offense....who could be more non-productive than Fitz? Keep the QB's healthy and the team will win at least 10.

My only question is: What have they added to stop the Run. We still have the same front four + Branch.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am assuming our D will improve with Branch, Lawson and Alonso + importantly new D scheme under Pettine. So less points conceded.

We already have people that can score. CJ, Fred, Stevie & Chandler. McK scores on Special Teams or at least puts us in position to score. Plus we have some new fast talent but clealy we don't know how that will pan out.

If CJ moves forward from last season he becomes the difference maker.

Kolb should be no worse than Fitz. EJ could turn out to be better than both.

Potentially we have a 55yd+ field goal kicker - so more points there and a lot of games are decided by just a few points.

So I say we SHOULD be better than last year. 8 wins + and its about time we started to win against theoretically better teams. So lets add the Ravens to the Win column.

No I am not joking. All o fthose teams are ahead of us. Carolina has a QB, we don't they will beat us. Say all you like about what you read and how well we play in scrimmages, this team is two years away from anything. Everything is new on this team. It is not going to win 5 games. The schedule is a bear. The coaches are too new, the players are too unfamiliar with their roles, too many rookies will start. I think we will be a lot more entertaining but that just means we will lose entertaining games. The people on this board read too much into the reports from training camp They mean nothing.

See all the preseason predictions for the 2011 49ers where this was the common refrain. Nobody knows anything at this point. There are a lot of encouraging signs, but your predicting crappiness is just as fruitless and you think anyone else predicting good things is.

10-6. We should have finished 9-7 last year, but for a few numbskull plays called by Gailey, and the most disappointing defense in team history.

We are improved this year, and our defense has to be a top 15 d. Offense....who could be more non-productive than Fitz? Keep the QB's healthy and the team will win at least 10.

two issues

"HAS TO BE A TOP 15 D"...no, not at all.

"keep the QBs healthy"...if you have two QBs, you don't really have a QB. Kolb can't stay healthy to save his life and expecting EJ Manuel to win more than he loses as a rookie with an average-at-best team around him is ludicrous.

No I am not joking. All o fthose teams are ahead of us. Carolina has a QB, we don't they will beat us. Say all you like about what you read and how well we play in scrimmages, this team is two years away from anything. Everything is new on this team. It is not going to win 5 games. The schedule is a bear. The coaches are too new, the players are too unfamiliar with their roles, too many rookies will start. I think we will be a lot more entertaining but that just means we will lose entertaining games. The people on this board read too much into the reports from training camp They mean nothing.

All Carolina has is a QB. Their skill position players are in decline. Their defense isn't that great. And they'll be playing at Buffalo. The Browns have it even worse. Same for the Jags. The Jets are a dumpster fire right now. That's 5 wins right there.

Last year's team was 4 points or 2 ints from 8-8. This year the Bills, will better coaching, influx of talent and speed, will be 8-8. Run first offense will serve them well. Teams change from year to year...expect a big drop off for Baltimore. I am not sold on Pittsburg or Cincinnati. The NFL will be full of AFC surprises this year.

My only question is: What have they added to stop the Run. We still have the same front four + Branch.

We have a coordinator who has a plan. Kyle Williams was playing hurt, Dareus was out of sorts all season, Mario will probably play better, Carrington is coming around. I think that the rookie Kiko will be a menace, Bradham will be better, more experienced. Till the season started last year people thought our defense was gonna be a force. They were pathetic.

We have a coordinator who has a plan. Kyle Williams was playing hurt, Dareus was out of sorts all season, Mario will probably play better, Carrington is coming around. I think that the rookie Kiko will be a menace, Bradham will be better, more experienced. Till the season started last year people thought our defense was gonna be a force. They were pathetic.

I hope so. This is the same way we hoped last season when Wanny was picked after firing Edwards. We all thought Wanny was the missing puzzle and he can turn this 'all-star' cast into a dominating defense...In the end, he was even more horrible. There was no Rhythm, no consistency or effort on that team. I hope Pettine brings on a different attitude to this team.

I want rookies who've made the pro bowl.

PTR

More evidence of how pathetic this front office is -- not getting rookies in the draft with a proven NFL track record. What a joke.

FWIW, anyone would be a fool not to take the over if you can still get a line at 3 wins...I believe the true line is now at around 6.5.

I hope so. This is the same way we hoped last season when Wanny was picked after firing Edwards. We all thought Wanny was the missing puzzle and he can turn this 'all-star' cast into a dominating defense...In the end, he was even more horrible. There was no Rhythm, no consistency or effort on that team. I hope Pettine brings on a different attitude to this team.

I will admit, I was one of the "Wanny is our savior," people. I am super-optimistic about Pettine for this reason: He's led a very good NFL defense RECENTLY. Call me crazy, but I think he's working with more talent in Buffalo than he worked with in New Jersey.

The only thing that makes me even a little nervous is I wonder how much of NYJ's defensive success was due to Rex Ryan and not Pettine.

But I still think Pettine will be an immediate improvement.

The Bills lost, maybe, two games due to crappy offense. Every other loss was squarely on the crappy defense.

I don't think this is a tough schedule at all.

I will be shocked if we are worse than (9-7).

You do know that the Vegas lines are determined based on what they think will lead to an equal number of people betting on either side ? It has nothing to do with how many wins the Bills will get...

Good point. And the popular perception of bettors, while not a horrible predictor, is hardly flawlessly accurate.

Most Vegas sports bettors (the people who indirectly but essentially set the betting lines) are not experts in the Buffalo Bills. They don't know our roster or coaches as well as the people on this board. Most people here are more qualified to predict the Bills win total the sum total of people who gamble on sports.

If we took annual polls on TBD, I'd bet the consensus total wins would usually be more accurate than the Vegas line.

But I also think that given all the variables - new HC, OC, DC, QB and other new players - that anyone who correctly picks our win total this year is just plain lucky.