EJ Manuel coming up on Bluejays broadcast

He was a really good interview. Definitely a polite and well spoken kid. Said that he has been studying the playbook for 3-4 hours per day. Talked about liking the communication system (helmet radios) that the NFL uses compared to college where someone has to signal the play in. Talked a bit about the complexity of the play calls at the NFL level.

They chatted about Toronto since it was his first visit to the city. He went to the CN Tower and enjoyed it but was too afraid to go outside. Stuff like that... He was sporting full Blue Jays gear and I guess threw the ball around with the team earlier in the day.

Go PR piece overall.

He was a really good interview. Definitely a polite and well spoken kid. Said that he has been studying the playbook for 3-4 hours per day. Talked about liking the communication system (helmet radios) that the NFL uses compared to college where someone has to signal the play in. Talked a bit about the complexity of the play calls at the NFL level.

They chatted about Toronto since it was his first visit to the city. He went to the CN Tower and enjoyed it but was too afraid to go outside. Stuff like that... He was sporting full Blue Jays gear and I guess threw the ball around with the team earlier in the day.

Go PR piece overall.

Cool. Thanks !

Edited by jaybee

Go PR piece overall.

How'd he throw? Was his deep ball ok? Was he slow making reads?

How'd he throw? Was his deep ball ok? Was he slow making reads?

I'm more concerned about whether or not he can hit it to the opposite field. If he's a pure pull hitter, defenses will just stack the box on the left side all season long.

But seriously, I'm a Jays and Bills fan (likely to get me booed around here, I know), and I love the annual visit and BP with the Jays.

Saw the interview last night while watching the game.

Mostly fluff stuff

Quick recap...

Says he studies the playbook 3-4 hours a day

-playing at FS prepared him for high pressure games

- considers himself a professional now and has a responsibility to be ready for training camp

- wont be taking any vacations during the break and will be working out and getting prepared for camp

- Loves having plays called to him through his helmet says he doesnt have to keep looking at the sidelines for cues

- Loves how the coaches are hands on during practices

They showed video of him doing batting practice and throwing the ball around before the game and they were laughing because they said he throws a baseball like its a football

They also asked him to call a play for them as if they were in the huddle and he wouldnt call a Bills play but did call one from FS

All in all the guy carries himself like a grounded professional and I always kept saying "yes sir"

CBF

if anything he's definitely giving us 100%. they were talking about how hard of a worker he is on the John Murphy show. glad to see a rookie that doesn't think he's entitled now that he's "made it" and is willing to put in the work to get better

Thanks for sharing, CBF. Good stuff. It never gets old to see/hear how grounded, mature, respectful and smart this kid is.

he seems pretty likable, he has all the tools... it really seems this one will come down to that little bit of luck that it takes for a kid to put it all together. he has it all though, just a matter of hoping everything falls into place for him.

I am definitely pulling for this kid. I just hope the hard work he is putting in really shows in TC.

he definitely seems easy to root for. i was intrigued with the idea of nassib leading up to the draft but ultimately was going to support whoever the bills took. i am really glad that manuel was their guy because he just seems like everything you would want for a buffalo qb. talented, humble, intelligent, driven, and very classy. i hope he has a long and successful career as the bills' qb.

he definitely seems easy to root for. i was intrigued with the idea of nassib leading up to the draft but ultimately was going to support whoever the bills took. i am really glad that manuel was their guy because he just seems like everything you would want for a buffalo qb. talented, humble, intelligent, driven, and very classy. i hope he has a long and successful career as the bills' qb.

He has everything you look for in a QB: size, speed, mobility, arm strength, accuracy, leadership, toughness (both physical and mental), intelligence, and a strong work ethic. What remains to be seen is if he has the ability to play at the NFL level. What's good for him is that he'll have a great running game, a far better WR corps than he's ever had, and some real TE's. And if the defense plays well, that's another bonus for him.