Most underrated player

With training camp still weeks away I thought that this may make for some interesting discussion. In your opinion, who is the most underrated player currently on the Bills? I am not talking about a guy that we all think is good but does not get a lot of national publicity (Gilmore for example). Who is someone that we underrate as the most hardcore Bills fans?

One guy that I guess that I will nominate is Kraig Urbik. He has been a pretty solid performer for a few years and it is rare that his play is discussed. He is one of the few members of the OL that I think that they can count on this season. Alex Carrington also comes to mind but it seems like he has been getting some publicity around here this offseason.

Other nominees?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie. He had absolute garbage throwing to him and nobody on the other side to take the eat off him and still has 3 1,000 yards seasons in a row.

I totally agree with this as well. There are a lot of people that think the opposite on here but he is a really good player.

With training camp still weeks away I thought that this may make for some interesting discussion. In your opinion, who is the most underrated player currently on the Bills? I am not talking about a guy that we all think is good but does not get a lot of national publicity (Gilmore for example). Who is someone that we underrate as the most hardcore Bills fans?

One guy that I guess that I will nominate is Kraig Urbik. He has been a pretty solid performer for a few years and it is rare that his play is discussed. He is one of the few members of the OL that I think that they can count on this season. Alex Carrington also comes to mind but it seems like he has been getting some publicity around here this offseason.

Other nominees?

Carrington and Urbik.

Spiller is a top 3 RB in fantasy drafts. He is not underrated by any stretch.

It is a good topic. Urbik I agree with. I can't think of another player which is sad in itself.

Outside of fantasy not many people really know. None of them know how good he really is going to be.

Edited by EJ3

Other nominees?

i think you are very right with urbik. dude is solid and reliable. it seems as though he holds his own and then some most games. another guy i would say is chandler. he is a big target that seemingly catches everything that is close to him. he's not going to burn anyone and he's not a ferocious blocker but he is a great guy to throw the ball to.

Stevie. He had absolute garbage throwing to him and nobody on the other side to take the eat off him and still has 3 1,000 yards seasons in a row.

Really Stevie? He's rated right where he should be. He's literally dropped multiple passes that lost us games, doesn't have elite speed, drops too many passes, doesn't fight for balls, has come up short in key moments, etc etc.

He is an excellent route runner, that's all he excels at. I like Stevie, and he has room to improve and I am optimistic he can, but he's earned his question marks and criticism. He barely hit 1000 yards all 3 seasons, and that is not an accomplishment in today's NFL. 2nd and 3rd options set goals for 1000 yards, number one targets who are the focal point of the passing game that are healthy all year on a team that threw a lot should be putting up 1300 + seasons.

He needs to be a consistent factor when the game matters not start stockpiling stats in blowouts. Fitz was garbage, so I have hopes for him improving and being more consistent, I have liked Stevie since college. But I am a realist, and he still has a lot to prove as a #1 option. Hopefully it had more to do with Fitzcraptrick and Stevie will emerge as a true reliable go to guy this year for this young offense.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Bryan Scott? but hard to argue with your Urbik pick. I say Scott because year after year, he contributes consistently and effectively. A true professional, shows up, plays well, and is a good citizen.

scott is extremely versatile and definately seems like a great guy. solid veteran presence in the defensive backfield who can cover, hit and has pretty good ball skills.

is it possible that fred jackson is underrated? i mean, he gets a lot of people trying to push him out the door or trade him for a 7th round pick. but i feel that the drive, determination, leadership and experience alone are worth keeping on your team. he's still got a bit left in that tank.

Pears was doing quite well before he got injured - and he's usually seen as a liability. I'd nominate Pears, Ubrik, and Hairston, who I also like quite a bit - and, who is capable of playing both tackle spots. Unfortunately, the roster is so deeply analyzed that everyone on defense has either been propped up as being full of potential, or they're waiting to be replaced (McKelvin).

I would say that Aaron Williams has more game and ball skills than he has been able to show at corner and should be an actual asset to the D at safety.

Darius seems to get a lot of unnecessary heat here for not as many game breaking plays as a #3 pick should be making, but I believe he is solid and should make a good step forward with such a more attacking defense around him. I believe I heard on the Murphy show a few weeks ago that PFF or one of those analytics sites had him as a top 20 DT or something, and that was with probably the most vanilla scheme in the league.