In the 6th round of the 2000 NFL draft, with the 199th pick...

alias

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can we delete this troll's thread? I really don't think that he/she deserves the satisfaction of this discussion here.

P.s. he didn't go until the 6th round because they did not know how the locker room would respond to a gay player in the year 2000. People weren't as open minded back then.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

...the New England Patriots selected Tom Brady.

It has often been noted that every NFL team (including the Patriots) passed on Tom Brady at least 5 times.

I was not following football very closely at the time. Why was Brady drafted so late?

Simple, he didn't play that well in college.

He had an OK, but unspectacular senior year after being terrible as a junior. He had no mobility, an average arm, and didn't produce.

Guess he was a late bloomer. He has really honed his sissy kick late in his career too (See Baltimore playoff game last year).

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Can this be moved to,off the wall? It really isn't about Buffalo Bills football. The jokes are good though.

Also, disputing a quote from his GF, he CAN throw and catch the ball as he was a catcher in college.

Move the threads about the Redskins, Jason Peters, Willis McGahee, etc. off the wall too, then.

Maybe somebody can explain why, if the Patriots are so brilliant, they passed on Brady 5 times. To me, this shows they are equally dumb and lucky, which is how I met my wife by the way. 6th round pick.

i heard they had him rated number one on their board, but knew he was slotted 200 that year so they knew they could snag him at 199. you didnt know that?

Edited by NoSaint

Move the threads about the Redskins, Jason Peters, Willis McGahee, etc. off the wall too, then.

1. Redskins: league issue, about alleged racism. Not sure can view Brady as that kind of thing unless it is sexism because he tucks his penis in his vagina, or something.

2. Jason Peters: Willis McGahee: both former Bills.

Nuff said.

1. Redskins: league issue, about alleged racism. Not sure can view Brady as that kind of thing unless it is sexism because he tucks his penis in his vagina, or something.

Nuff said.

Not quite.

3. Marsha Brady: Piñata for Bills Fans

Nuff said.

Brady is a Super Bowl-winning QB on a team in our division. Asking how the league perceived him in 2000 is a perfectly relevant question to a Buffalo Bills board. Threads about, say, the AFC East rivals' offseasons, or players, are valuable discussions.

Edited by ny33

Brady is a Super Bowl-winning QB on a team in our division. Asking how the league perceived him in 2000 is a perfectly relevant question to a Buffalo Bills board. Threads about, say, the AFC East rivals' offseasons, or players, are valuable discussions.

I think we all agree - Brady is an amazing QB - and I have no problem discussing his success on this Board (since 10% of his wins are at the expense of my team)...but you must oblige those of us who have no other ammunition than ad hominem attacks regarding his feminine qualities....just let us have our fun.

Can this be moved to,off the wall? It really isn't about Buffalo Bills football. The jokes are good though.

Also, disputing a quote from his GF, he CAN throw and catch the ball as he was a catcher in college.

Why did you pick this thread to whine about? There's a 8 year old story about Robert Krafts SB ring right next to it.

I think we all agree - Brady is an amazing QB - and I have no problem discussing his success on this Board (since 10% of his wins are at the expense of my team)...but you must oblige those of us who have no other ammunition than ad hominem attacks regarding his feminine qualities....just let us have our fun.

You've articulated a thought I've had for years but haven't been able to formulate.

Thank you very much. Well done!

edit: BTW, you said "hominem."

:nana: