Tim Tebow to Pats

Mango

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never heard their not happy with Mallet? Is that fan board chatter? Trade rumors yes during the draft period, since the hoody is known for that. I don't see tebow being an upgrade over Mallet.

Tebow > Mallett. TT is a winner who can make things happen, while RM chokes in the clutch & is a statue to boot. HUGE upgrade.

Just when we thought we had a chance to catch up with them...

Were screwed now.

The NFL needed to sell more Tebow jerseys...its a plot to sell merch!

Damn. I had that first game at home with them pegged as a win. Now I am certain we will be clobbered.

This should be a very interesting response from TBD. It's the "Belichick is a genius and can do no wrong" group versus the "Tebow is the worst QB in history and is only famous because of his religion" group. It'll be fun to see which group has the last I told you so.

At least the latter group can stop with the "If Tebow is so good then why will no one else in the NFL sign him?" rhetoric.

Tebow > Mallett. TT is a winner who can make things happen, while RM chokes in the clutch & is a statue to boot. HUGE upgrade.

Surely you all are not serious. TT will never be a good QB. Maybe a solid back up, but a starter he is not.

interesting take I got from that thread is how many of the fans have such little faith in Mallet, and now mallet and Tebow are the only QBs behind Brady. The way some people talk about mallet here it would seem he was the 2nd coming of Bledsoe or soemthing

That's exactly what he is, at least in college anuways: another brain-dead statue with a big arm who folds at the worst possible moments.

That's exactly what he is, at least in college anuways: another brain-dead statue with a big arm who folds at the worst possible moments.

They probably figured they'd take a flyer on a later round pick on a guy that looked like Brady: immobile, stands tall in pocket, great arm. If it worked out they wouldn't need to change what they're doing on offense. But Brady has an incredibly quick mind for reading defenses and doing all the other subtle things like checking off DBs that maybe mallet hasn't shown progress developing. Maybe they accepted the plug n play Brady backup strategy isn't working so they get a guy with a nearly opposite skill set to Brady, and throw the defense some curves.

Hopefully the Patriots have enough self respect to not embarrass themselves by selling jerseys of their 3rd string quarterback. Although on the other hand I'm all for New Englsnd embarrassing themselves, I'm just so friggin sick of Tebow.

Not a bad move for ol' Bill... Tebow Is a good all around athlete and he probably knows the Jet's playbook inside and out. Also Tebow comes cheap.

Why would he know the Jets play book? They have a new OC.

Maybe he can play in the secondary? So funny this signing. Media falling all over themselves to praise BB and Pats for shrewd move, when a day ago all agreed TT no longer viable as NFL player. Which way will the wind blow tomorrow?

Tebow wouldn't remember it anyway...not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box.

@OnionSports 2m

BREAKING: Patriots Sign New Long Snapper http://onion.com/13yqSZs

Man you are really obsessed with bringing the dude down. Must be excruciating for you. Bottom line: he just got signed by the most successful franchise of the last 15 years, and you're still throwing darts from your mom's basement.