Why are Lawson and Branch missing?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

odd might not be the best word. it's definitely disappointing, though.

i can see missing a week or something, or missing one here or there. but not coming to any of them is very deliberate and disappointing. it's their right under the CBA, but it's probably not in their best long-term interests, nor in the team's best interest...

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

Yeah, nobody else in this world has to work for 6 weeks after they have a baby. Oh wait....

Nobody else has the word "voluntary" attached to their work attendance either. It's his right under the CBA to not be in attendance if he chooses. Since we're comparing it to the real world (which the NFL is not), how is it much different than your company offering voluntary overtime to come in on Saturday, and you have other things you need to do. So you don't take it so you can attend to whatever you have to do.

odd might not be the best word. it's definitely disappointing, though.

i can see missing a week or something, or missing one here or there. but not coming to any of them is very deliberate and disappointing. it's their right under the CBA, but it's probably not in their best long-term interests, nor in the team's best interest...

I guess the reason I used the word "odd" is that both these guys are new, as is all he couches and schemes. If these guys were vets that had been with the same team and coaches for years it would not be, well "odd".

I guess the reason I used the word "odd" is that both these guys are new, as is all he couches and schemes. If these guys were vets that had been with the same team and coaches for years it would not be, well "odd".

Coach not couch

i think for the most part, a well traveled vet that has been through a variety of schemes likely has a grasp on the expectations and what they need on site to get ready. its still football, not rocket science, and a couple days in May are unlikely to kill them. is it nice to attend, sure... but hardly worrisome that hes not.

Edited by NoSaint

I hope contracts are set up that if they can not pick up scheme that they can be cut with minimal impact.

This is problem with NFL contracts which pay for game checks but much of the work is done in off-season.

I hope contracts are set up that if they can not pick up scheme that they can be cut with minimal impact.

This is problem with NFL contracts which pay for game checks but much of the work is done in off-season.

im sure they will be dazed and confused in camp. no way they could be working out and studying playbooks wherever they are.....

Lawson just had a baby (6 weeks ago) so I do not find it odd. He is probably okay with the coaching staff too.

No Lawson didn't, his woman did. He should be here

Nobody else has the word "voluntary" attached to their work attendance either. It's his right under the CBA to not be in attendance if he chooses. Since we're comparing it to the real world (which the NFL is not), how is it much different than your company offering voluntary overtime to come in on Saturday, and you have other things you need to do. So you don't take it so you can attend to whatever you have to do.

At least you point out the real world and the NFL. But if I was just hired by a new employer, I think I would report to work my first day voluntary or not. It does not send a good sign not to show up. "Hey I got my $$$ and I ain't going in to work"

No Lawson didn't, his woman did. He should be here

At least you point out the real world and the NFL. But if I was just hired by a new employer, I think I would report to work my first day voluntary or not. It does not send a good sign not to show up. "Hey I got my $$$ and I ain't going in to work"

They were both at the voluntary workouts. They just haven't been at OTA 's. So your "not showing up on the first day" point is moot.

I have never given birth but if I did I certainly wouldn't be playing football within six weeks

I will stand firm on the new team, new scheme ,high tempo calls for a full attention/attendance regardless of union contract details.

Now i had no idea that Manny and wife just have a newborn to adore and bond with (congrats for sure !). so he is excused , but he better put extra effort in camp !

So why is Branch such a slacker ? i m sure he will be okay but still...

ask Tom coughlin how he feels about Nicks not showing yet. I think it is an unsaid expectation.

I will stand firm on the new team, new scheme ,high tempo calls for a full attention/attendance regardless of union contract details.

Now i had no idea that Manny and wife just have a newborn to adore and bond with (congrats for sure !). so he is excused , but he better put extra effort in camp !

So why is Branch such a slacker ? i m sure he will be okay but still...

ask Tom coughlin how he feels about Nicks not showing yet. I think it is an unsaid expectation.

Manny has an excuse, Branch does not. Really, what is the point in not coming to OTA's? You get to hang out with your new teammates, learn the scheme, etc. Don't' give me this "I work out on my own BS." That's fine if your a vet whose been on the team w/ the same coaching staff for a while, not when switching teams and coaches.