Getting Sunday Ticket discounted or free

Will it work with TWC, sure the difference though is TWC may offer you a 5% discount where as DTV may give you a 75% discount or even more. I'm guessing that DTV has figured out once you've gone to satelite, likely you're house is still wired for cable so very easy to go back so they bend over backawards t omake sure you don't leave. If you never had satelite service more of a hassle getting it the first time, where to locate dish relative ot where TV's are located can sometimes be dificult. (I will not let DTV run cables on the outside of my house) So TWC tends to view themselves as the only game in town and in some respects is true, so they won't give as great deals.

The biggest issue I have with TWC is the rental price of their equipment, and not nearly as good. $20 a month for TWC whole house DVR and that only give you a recorder with two tuners and can handle around 20 hours of HD

It's not going to work with Time Warner. Cable companies are evil.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not going to work with Time Warner. Cable companies are evil.

I recently called Comcast (Xfinity) with the threat of moving to FiOS as my ISP and got a $10/month reduction for the next year.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I called Directv today and said "I am ready to give you my usual complaints about having to pay for Sunday Ticket, and then you send me to your mgr and give me my $20 credit every month for the next year again....like you have done the last 2 years" To my surprise...she put me on hold for a couple of minutes and then said.."How about if we give it to you for free this year if you sign a 1 year contract"

To this i promptly replied."WOO HOO"! I have no idea why it was different this time....but i dig it! :w00t:

I called tonight and immediately asked to speak to Retention. I was sent there and a young woman picked up. I went through my spiel of noticing other new customers getting Sunday Ticket for free and I was a long-time customer. I also mentioned that FIOS and Dish had great offers that I was considering. She went off-line and came back just a few seconds later and offered me $35 off my bill for a year and Sunday Ticket Max (which I had) for free for a 1 year commitment. I demurred but accepted it and just as she was explaining everything, I figured why not go for it....so I asked about getting the genie since my current DVR is somewhat old. She went off-line and came back a few seconds later and gave me the genie for free with free installation and free media/cable kit. But I had to make a two-year commitment. I accepted that. This took all of 7-10 minutes and I am celebrating with some brews right now. DTV...outstanding!

Thanks everyone for the inspiration. Just called and got the following

Free Sunday Ticket Max

$15 off for 15 months

$10 off for 12 months for free HD

$5 off Showtime for 6 months

Starz Free for 6 months

Free Genie

Thanks everyone for the inspiration. Just called and got the following

Free Sunday Ticket Max

$15 off for 15 months

$10 off for 12 months for free HD

$5 off Showtime for 6 months

Starz Free for 6 months

Free Genie

He shoots… he scores!!!

They'll get it done.

And what's more they gotta get it done.

Okay my turn, made my annual call yesterday for the 7th year in a row.

Right off the bat I asked the woman how to get the receivers back, mail or will someone come to my house. She said sir, we don't want to lose you and without much back and forth she offered me

1. Free Sunday ticket

2. Free red zone channel

3. 15 dollars off bill for 15 months

4. 20 dollars off bill for 12 months

5. 10 dollars off bill for 6 months

6. Showtime for 4 months

7. 4 new remotes overnighted for free

I'm very happy with DirectTV

Got Sunday ticket max for $85, $50 credit off my next bill, $15 off the next 3 months after the $50 discount, starz for 6 months free, and the sports package for a few months for free. After reading some of yours I realized I should have demanded more; however, I spent an hour in the phone with those turds

Oh yeah, got a genie too

Those bastards wouldn't give me anything about 6 months ago, so I cancelled. Now they call me and email me to come back and offer me everything I wanted the first time. What a bunch of idiots.

Six months ago was too soon to get any Sunday Ticket deals is that's what you were asking for. What's the verdict?

I plan on calling in with my annual cancel threat tomorrow. What's funny is every year they ask if the nfl ticket is important and every time I say that it is but I am tired of seeing the Buffalo Bills suck every year. As soon as I say that it seems like they instantly believe me (or laugh) and the offers come pouring in lol.. Last year the guy said he was a raiders fan and felt my pain and instantly gave me the ticket for free and 10 bucks off my bill for a year.