Federal Charges against the men who recorded Buddy Nix

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Feds do not lose? Really. Go ask Roger Clemens and Barry bonds. The Feds are a joke

Agreed. Feds conviction rate is over 90%. They don't go after guys they can't get.

People prosecuted in federal courts get do indeed get convicted about 90% of the time. If I was one of the guys who recorded Nix, I'd be worried about now.

http://en.wikipedia....Conviction_rate

http://www.nytimes.c...ction-rate.html

Edited by hondo in seattle

It was funny per the recent Elway to Marino 30 for 30 that a receptionist error 30 years ago also caused the bills to lose Kelly to the USFL.

With the benefit of hindsight that probably worked out best for Kelly and the Bills. His time in the USFL was a better way to develop as a QB than running for his life as the QB of those miserable teams.

I loved how Nix got flamed here after falling for something he never should have expected. What those guys did was mad shady, immeasurably unethical and as we're about to find out, borderline illegal. I doubt they're found guilty of anything, though.

did you just say, "mad shady"?

i'm just sayin.

It became a lot more tha prank call when they made the recording...

Radio stations make prank calls all the time, broadcast them on air and receive advertising revenue.

It's not about a prank phone call. Just because it happened to be done to a couple of entertainingly doltish NFL GMs does not make it ok. These guys are still executives in billion dollar corporations.

But no confidential info was disclosed. It was already in the public domain fitz sucked and was overpaid, and Nix couldnt understand the draft process and free agency rules. Lol

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Wonder if this was the NFL putting some pressure on the Feds? I get the feeling the League does not like being made to look a fool. Maybe the Commissioner made a call?

The government seems to cater to the NFL and seemingly always has. From allowing the monopoly, to tax breaks, to law enforcement pursuing copyright infringements (fake jerseys etc.) and now taking strong quick action on an insignificant event such as this. I'm not sure why they seem to get preferential treatment, but they sure seem to.

The government seems to cater to the NFL and seemingly always has. From allowing the monopoly, to tax breaks, to law enforcement pursuing copyright infringements (fake jerseys etc.) and now taking strong quick action on an insignificant event such as this. I'm not sure why they seem to get preferential treatment, but they sure seem to.

The government doing the bidding of powerful corporate interests? No way! :rolleyes:

The government doing the bidding of powerful corporate interests? No way! :rolleyes:

Agreed. But to me anyway, they really seem to go out of their way for the NFL.

For example, they have been going after Microsoft almost forever about being a monopoly and price fixing, but they wrote a law specifically allowing the NFL to have a monopoly. And I never remember reading anything about the government looking into why anything NFL costs so much, and at the same time someone put pressure on DHGate to stop advertising fake jerseys.

Seems they get special treatment for some reason.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Agreed. But to me anyway, they really seem to go out of their way for the NFL.

For example, they have been going after Microsoft almost forever about being a monopoly and price fixing, but they wrote a law specifically allowing the NFL to have a monopoly. And I never remember reading anything about the government looking into why anything NFL costs so much, and at the same time someone put pressure on DHGate to stop advertising fake jerseys.

Seems they get special treatment for some reason.

We have no argument on this.

Radio stations make prank calls all the time, broadcast them on air and receive advertising revenue.

But no confidential info was disclosed. It was already in the public domain fitz sucked and was overpaid, and Nix couldnt understand the draft process and free agency rules. Lol

Actually radio stations can get in HUGE trouble for broadcasting prank phone calls. In fact it's illegal to record any phone call without letting someone know BEFORE you start.

Yes stations do get away punking people, then letting them in on the joke later and getting permission to air the call. But it is illegal to do that. There must be prior consent.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Clogging up the courts and wasting taxpayer money over a prank call. Ridiculous.

So you think privacy rights are ridiculous? Got it. More scathingly insightful commentary from you; please keep it coming.