Dareus is back

Marcell Dareusicon-article-link.gif was back at OTAs working on his game Tuesday.

“I had stuff I had to take care of,” said Dareus as to why he was unable to attend the voluntary practices last week. “As a man, everybody has their responsibility. I had my responsibility I had to take care of. I did that, and now I’m back here with the guys, working on what we’re going to work on.

“I stayed in my playbook, stayed in shape. Just came out here ready to run.”

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcell Dareusicon-article-link.gif was back at OTAs working on his game Tuesday.

“I had stuff I had to take care of,” said Dareus as to why he was unable to attend the voluntary practices last week. “As a man, everybody has their responsibility. I had my responsibility I had to take care of. I did that, and now I’m back here with the guys, working on what we’re going to work on.

FYI---------> http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/158316-official-otaminicamp-thread-mayjune/

Why are people so hesitant to talk about this guy. How many years cushion does this guy have because of what happened last year? He is the only top 7 pick that year to not make a pro bowl

To say his NFL career has not been a disappoinment up to this point would be incorrect. He's not a bust but has not been the dominant player all the draft gurus projected he would be. Maybe the death of his brother affected his play on the field last year, maybe it didn't. We'll have a better idea of the type of player he will be long term after this season.

a circle is a shape.

We all thought that our defensive line was going to be dominant. With Kyle Williams, Dareus, and Mario. However. The defensive line didn't live up to the hype, I think this was due to our defensive coaching. I believe that this year, with the defensive coordinator who has had proven success in the NFL, we will find out the true potential and ability of Dareus. This year will determine if he was the top 5 pick we all thought he would be, or just another addition to the long list of draft bust's picked by the Buffalo Bills.

Why are people so hesitant to talk about this guy. How many years cushion does this guy have because of what happened last year? He is the only top 7 pick that year to not make a pro bowl

:wallbash:

What's it been, 5-6 months since he last played?

Kind of a jerk thing to say. Dareus was good as a rookie. Not great but good. 6 out of 10. Which was fine for a rookie- everyone was psyched for his second year. Remember Drayton Florence telling him he could be great on the sideline against Denver? He meant it. His second year, his brother died, concluding (hopefully) an incredibly horrendous run of immediate family member deaths. He had a down year. Not terrible but down. It's his third year coming up. Let's call last year a sophomore slump and get behind this guy. There's nothing else to say about it. If he sucks this year, then we have a problem. So to answer your question, one more year's cushion.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

He is by no means a bust and people who are already calling him that are absurd. He obviously lacks some discipline and is going to get better, but he has to get in shape and stay in shape. I am always hesitant of guys coming from teams with uber talent like Bama, thet are so well coached and so deep that that the play around them hides there deficiencies.

Why are people so hesitant to talk about this guy. How many years cushion does this guy have because of what happened last year?

1 year? It hasn't been a year yet. I'm confused about the use of the term years.

Let's call last year a sophomore slump and get behind this guy. There's nothing else to say about it. If he sucks this year, then we have a problem. So to answer your question, one more year's cushion.

And that's not even a cushion. It's like, this year which = NOW. I think that one poster wants to go back in time, in which case I'd recommend 1990: "Scott... kick it to the LEFT!"

~AS

To say his NFL career has not been a disappoinment up to this point would be incorrect. He's not a bust but has not been the dominant player all the draft gurus projected he would be. Maybe the death of his brother affected his play on the field last year, maybe it didn't. We'll have a better idea of the type of player he will be long term after this season.

He said as much after the season - as I recall, panic attacks, leery of leaving his house. It messed him up pretty badly in the head and, again as I recall, forced him to pretty seriously reevaluate his life.