For the first time in a very long time I feel this team has a clean sl

I feel that we have made a complete change with this team. Its front office approach, its coaching approach and the players we are bringing in. You cant erase the past but you can't keep looking back and turning back to it.

I have no idea how this team will do this year but I feel we have made a huge change and its going in the right direction.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that we have made a complete change with this team. Its front office approach, its coaching approach and the players we are bringing in. You cant erase the past but you can't keep looking back and turning back to it.

I have no idea how this team will do this year but I feel we have made a huge change and its going in the right direction.

The optimist in me agrees with you, the pessimist in me says "don't we do this every 3 or 4 years anyway?"

The optimist in me agrees with you, the pessimist in me says "don't we do this every 3 or 4 years anyway?"

Agreed. It's a different feeling, however I'm not expecting different results...

I'm fired up!

Not to over simplify, but in my opinion the 2013 season comes down to one question: Can the Bills (with Pettine's new scheme) stop the run? If the answer is no, I see a record equal to or less than 2012. If the answer is yes, then options open up for discussion (can we put together an offense with similar potency as last years, etc).

My fear is that yes, we will stop the run (and overall have a much better defense), but that offensively we slip a bit due to a new QB, new OC, etc. But I will be happy with a middle ranked defensive showing while our new offense gels... 7-9 anyone?

Not to over simplify, but in my opinion the 2013 season comes down to one question: Can the Bills (with Pettine's new scheme) stop the run? If the answer is no, I see a record equal to or less than 2012. If the answer is yes, then options open up for discussion (can we put together an offense with similar potency as last years, etc).

My fear is that yes, we will stop the run (and overall have a much better defense), but that offensively we slip a bit due to a new QB, new OC, etc. But I will be happy with a middle ranked defensive showing while our new offense gels... 7-9 anyone?

And on this note, I have been wondering....what if Fitz and Chan were kept and they brought in Pettine? I felt that if our defense could have been salvaged, that it alone would have helped every other aspect of our team including the offense. Especially with the tone/momentum our offense had at times.

No, the difference is no Ralph involvement. Ralph's hand was in everything up to this point. And Ralph was probably the #1 reason no one wanted to come to Buffalo.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yep

There will be some growing pains. No doubt. But once they a few games under their belt I think you will see a nice young team be a hard out for anybody they play.

What I am look forward to the most is what Pettine will do with the D. Last year they we poorly coached and was lacking talent. This year I think we sneak up on some teams just because they don't know what to expect.

I think we can beat NE if Pettine gets pressure on Brady because he can't run at all at this stage of his career. But we shall see.

Definitely need to stop the run, but I would add that they also need to shut down third and long plays. I remember countless plays last year where they got a team to 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 7, and low and behold, the other team picks up the first down and moves the chains. These two things will determine whether they have a chance in ballgames this season. I'm really not worried about the offense. Fitzpatrick took too many chances and caused too many turnovers. That is the #1 statistic you can pull out of a game and predict the outcome. -2 in turnovers and historically teams only win 5% of the time. -3 and it drops to just over 1%. It's ridiculously predictive when you get to 2 or more for or against you.

a solid defensive effort will go along ways to getting Bills Mojo back. A little swagger will translate upstream throughout the offense all the way up to Brandon.

Alot of what has been wrong with the team was confidence. And the trust that the other half of the team whether it be offense or defense would hold it's own or better yet dare i say dominate a series or two.

Get the D sorted , with consistent effort and the team will be headed in the right direction. The rest will follow. In short order i expect

No, the difference is no Ralph involvement. Ralph's hand was in everything up to this point. And Ralph was probably the #1 reason no one wanted to come to Buffalo.

PTR

I really want to believe that's the case. But, as long as Russ Brandon is in charge, I can't.

Yep

There will be some growing pains. No doubt. But once they a few games under their belt I think you will see a nice young team be a hard out for anybody they play.

What I am look forward to the most is what Pettine will do with the D. Last year they we poorly coached and was lacking talent. This year I think we sneak up on some teams just because they don't know what to expect.

I think we can beat NE if Pettine gets pressure on Brady because he can't run at all at this stage of his career. But we shall see.

I would love to see Brady get sacked 7 times by this defense.

I would even be happy with some knockdowns and a TON of pressures. I want to see him running for his life and make errant throws that Jairus Byrd and Stephon Gilmore will gladly pick off. I'm jacked up.

I'd be happy just to see one.. As long as its along the lines of a Moats/Farve hit... Take the Pats golden boy down a notch, not that I want to see him injured... But a friendly reminder these ain't the same ole Bills and things are changing

PTR

How do we know for sure he isn't involved? Until he's gone, gone (I hate to even bring that up), he's still "here".

I'm in with the group that likes all of this on paper, but still has that nagging feeling of "we do this every few years, show me the baby".

And yet posters will say "It does not matter, as long as RW is the owner of this team" sigh....

Why stop at 7 ?

I don't know if it's my every 3 yr delusional optimism, but am excited again as well. I live in Tampa so looking forward to the game in Tampa this year. A nice advantage is Belicheck doesn't have tape on Marrone in the NFL. I like our chances against the Pats week 1.

Go BILLS!

And on this note, I have been wondering....what if Fitz and Chan were kept and they brought in Pettine? I felt that if our defense could have been salvaged, that it alone would have helped every other aspect of our team including the offense. Especially with the tone/momentum our offense had at times.

I'll take that one:

If the defense is better, Fitz would have more chances to throw the game away with INTs at the worst possible times with horribly underthrown noodle arm "deep" balls, Fred would have more turns because CJ would be even more tired, and we'd have more opportunity to punt from the 35 yard line. The DC wasn't the only problem.

Edited by transient

I'll take that one:

If the defense is better, Fitz would have more chances to throw the game away with INTs at the worst possible times with horribly underthrown noodle arm "deep" balls, Fred would have more turns because CJ would be even more tired, and We'd have more opportunity to punt from the 35 yard line. The DC wasn't the only problem.

This.