Official OTA/Minicamp Thread (May/June)

eball

Shame...Vontae Leach is about to be released by Balitimore.....

All said, I thought that T Jax re-signing, especially when he re- signed, was one of the odder off-season moves this off-season...not so much from the Bills POV, but from his. I think somebody will sign him...he may not be great shakes, but a guy who has been a starter for 25+ games is hard to come by.

just ask vince young

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kolb first time throwing the deep ball to SJ? I hope that is b.c when the camp isn't going on SJ is working with EJ. These QBs should be working with players even in the down time. Take a page from the good QBs around the league.

Edited by EJ3

Kolb first time throwing the deep ball to SJ? I hope that is b.c when the camp isn't going on SJ is working with EJ. These QBs should be working with players even in the down time. Take a page from the good QBs around the league.

Johnson didn't participate in most of the OTA's because of his back.

Johnson didn't participate in most of the OTA's because of his back.

He has been full go for past 3 weeks... Not even between the OTAs did they work together. I see top QBs working with WRs even when no camp going on.

He has been full go for past 3 weeks... Not even between the OTAs did they work together. I see top QBs working with WRs even when no camp going on.

Well, then, that explains it. You're talking about Kolb, right?

Yeah, that's what everybody does when they get a couple days off. They work. Give 'em time, the team doesn't even know who the starter will be. Should Johnson have been working out with Cobb or Manuel?

Yeah, that's what everybody does when they get a couple days off. They work. Give 'em time, the team doesn't even know who the starter will be. Should Johnson have been working out with Cobb or Manuel?

TBH this team has had 13 years of "give em time"

EJ will be starting week one so hopefully SJ is working with him in between camps. If EJ can't beat out Kolb we will be in the same situation as last year with a backup starting.

Edited by EJ3

5) Tough day for the offense

- Whether it was pressure up the middle, pressure from the edges, the stuffing of runs or poorly thrown passes, the offense did not have a very successful day against Mike Pettine's defense. It seemed as though defenders were constantly getting in the backfield, throwing off the timing of the offensive plays or forcing the quarterback to make an errant pass. The defense even concocted a complete mismatch, getting Mario Williams a one-on-one matchup against Mike Caussin, in which he won for a sack. The most successful play of the day for the offense was a zone-read keeper by Kevin Kolb in which they took advantage of the defense's aggressiveness. Other than that, it was a day to forget.

:thumbsup:

I wonder how many pass plays last year Mario found himself singled up on a TE. Bet you could count em on one hand.

And confirmation the zone-read will be part of the offense.

TBH this team has had 13 years of "give em time"

EJ will be starting week one so hopefully SJ is working with him in between camps. If EJ can't beat out Kolb we will be in the same situation as last year with a backup starting.

If you've already determined that Manuel will be the starter why are you complaining about Kolb not working with Johnson during their days off? Direct your anger towards EJ.