Alright! Who wrote this?

If CJ leads the league in rushing, Fred Jackson won't be doing anything, especially not comeback player of the year. Oh, they usually give that award out to GOOD players. Like Peterson, Manning, Brees.

^This AND Stevie Johnson won't be making the Pro Bowl if three other wide receivers are named starters day one.

Otherwise... :worthy:

The Bills may be better and I am an optimist but this is ridiculous.

and I got yelled at because I'm being my normal self. When the majority of the board feels this way as well.

Of course were all optimistic. But geez, lets be real. If even 1-4 of these things happen, well be super excited.

^This AND Stevie Johnson won't be making the Pro Bowl if three other wide receivers are named starters day one.

Otherwise... :worthy:

and thank you for that. Apparently some people around here still guzzle the Fred Jackson juice. Glad to see not everybody lives in the past.

and I got yelled at because I'm being my normal self. When the majority of the board feels this way as well.

Of course were all optimistic. But geez, lets be real. If even 1-4 of these things happen, well be super excited.

and thank you for that. Apparently some people around here still guzzle the Fred Jackson juice. Glad to see not everybody lives in the past.

Fred Jackson should be given limited, situational opportunities.

CJ should be given the keys to the offense.

Went to Fox sports NFL and saw this link at the bottom of the page...TPF, thepenaltyflagblog.com

I can't help but think someone from this forum wrote this article, as this is a true Buffalo Bills fanatic, eball, PTR, The Senator ? Then it hit me, Russ is that you?

Anyway, gotta love it, ignore the babes and read this, http://network.yardb...n_2013/13588658

13 Bold predictions for the Buffalo Bills in 2013

13) Doug Marrone’s new offensive scheme changes not only the AFC East, but the NFL.

12) Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, and Da’Rick Rogers will start at WR on Opening Day

11) Mario Williams will return to “Super” form in 2013

10) CJ Spiller will be the 2013 rushing yards leader

9) EJ Manuel will win the starting QB job, and will lead the Bills into the playoffs

8) Doug Marrone will be named Coach of the Year

7) The Bills beat the Patriots in Week 1, beginning an era as new top dog in the AFC East

6) Stevie Johnson has career year, makes Pro Bowl

5) Fred Jackson comes back with a vengeance, wins Comeback Player of the Year

4) EJ Manuel and Robert Woods become the next Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne

3) The Bills will finally start winning the close games

2) The longest active playoff drought in the NFL ends in 2013

And here is the number one bold prediction for the Buffalo Bills in 2013:

Super Bowl XLVII Champions

Heck yea, even if only a few of those come true this season it would it a great great year! :thumbsup:

Some dreamer

in the end zone seats.

Bold predictions? It just sounds like a rambling list of best case (in any parallel universe) scenarios... Why not add Ralph will sell the team to Jim Kelly's investment group who includes the city of buffalo as an owner, a new down town buf stadium will break ground, entire roster make Probowl, an undefeated season every year for the next decade, the team gives away free jerseys to all fans attending the jets home game and last but not least, Andre Reed gets into the HOF.

Bold predictions? It just sounds like a rambling list of best case (in any parallel universe) scenarios... Why not add Ralph will sell the team to Jim Kelly's investment group who includes the city of buffalo as an owner, a new down town buf stadium will break ground, entire roster make Probowl, an undefeated season every year for the next decade, the team gives away free jerseys to all fans attending the jets home game and last but not least, Andre Reed gets into the HOF.

Well, let's not get silly!

Who could expect all that to happen!

Actually I think if everything else remains equal and we do just one of them, we'll end the 13 year drought. And that would number 3. Win some close games. We somehow win vs Tennessee, Sant Louis, and NE last year, and we're in or really really really close. Losing the close games at the end has been the the undoing for this team for years and decades. Same could also be said for the Jauron and Mularkey eras as well. Hell, why stop there? Music City Forward Lateral ...

Wide Right ...

Edited by reddogblitz

Actually I think if everything else remains equal and we do just one of them, we'll end the 13 year drought. And that would number 3. Win some close games. We somehow win vs Tennessee, Sant Louis, and NE last year, and we're in or really really really close. Losing the close games at the end has been the the undoing for this team for years and decades. Same could also be said for the Jauron and Mularkey eras as well. Hell, why stop there? Music City Forward Lateral ...

Wide Right ...

id like to add that if Chan would have just ran the ball a little more than passed it, we would have ended that drought last year for sure, and Chan would still be coaching in this league.

Went to Fox sports NFL and saw this link at the bottom of the page...TPF, thepenaltyflagblog.com

I can't help but think someone from this forum wrote this article, as this is a true Buffalo Bills fanatic, eball, PTR, The Senator ? Then it hit me, Russ is that you?

Anyway, gotta love it, ignore the babes and read this, http://network.yardb...n_2013/13588658

13 Bold predictions for the Buffalo Bills in 2013

13) Doug Marrone’s new offensive scheme changes not only the AFC East, but the NFL.

12) Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, and Da’Rick Rogers will start at WR on Opening Day

11) Mario Williams will return to “Super” form in 2013

10) CJ Spiller will be the 2013 rushing yards leader

9) EJ Manuel will win the starting QB job, and will lead the Bills into the playoffs

8) Doug Marrone will be named Coach of the Year

7) The Bills beat the Patriots in Week 1, beginning an era as new top dog in the AFC East

6) Stevie Johnson has career year, makes Pro Bowl

5) Fred Jackson comes back with a vengeance, wins Comeback Player of the Year

4) EJ Manuel and Robert Woods become the next Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne

3) The Bills will finally start winning the close games

2) The longest active playoff drought in the NFL ends in 2013

And here is the number one bold prediction for the Buffalo Bills in 2013:

Super Bowl XLVII Champions

Heck yea, even if only a few of those come true this season it would it a great great year! :thumbsup:

Seems pretty reasonable.

id like to add that if Chan would have just ran the ball a little more than passed it, we would have ended that drought last year for sure, and Chan would still be coaching in this league.

The problem wasn't just that Chan didn't run the ball enough, the Bills did have 442 attempts rushing vs 511 passing. (Spiller had 207 attempts for 1244 yards) it was more his philosophy on offense that did him in.

First, Chan Gailey made a broken, back up QB the focus of his offense, which was beyond stupid. Why try and force an average QB to sling the ball around like he is Tom Brady. Instead Gailey should have focused on running the ball as his primary weapon, but he couldn't do that with the pistol / spread type offense he installed. Gailey couldn't control the game or the clock with either phase of his offense, passing or running....its why he didn't win many games.

Second, Gailey kept trying to run 4-5 WR sets from a spread shotgun offense despite the fact that his receiving corps sucked, besides Stevie Johnson of course. So the bills spread them out in a 5WR set, and everyone knew Stevie was the main target. The mere fact that all those other WRs are now history tells me this regime also saw them as not very good. Donald Jones, David Nelson, Kamar Aiken, Derek Hagan, Ruvell Martin, and even the back up QB Brad Smith was playing WR (who I think is also a goner)

That offense just couldn't run the ball from closed formations very well. So its no wonder why Chan was always passing on 3rd and short. Spiller made big plays and big yardage from that spread offense because it spreads the opposing defense out enough so that one cut by the RB or a broken tackle and its a big gainer because no other defenders are there to make the tackle.

Ultimately what killed Gaileys offense was that he was a one trick pony with a short / quick passing spread shotgun scheme. Teams like the Texans beat the Bills by stacking the box, and keeping it stacked. Thus shutting down the run and forcing that broken QB to try and beat them passing, and with no deep passing ability that was very easy. Then they double, triple team the only good WR on the team in Stevie and suddenly the Bills offense had no teeth at all!!

THEN, there was the defense, one of the very worst defenses in the history of the franchise for setting NFL and franchise records for being bad. First team in the 120 year history of the NFL to allow a 300 yard passer and 300 yards rushing in the same game, Thank you Dave Wannstedt, you :censored:

The Bills are blessed to have Gailey gone, and the man that hired him is now also gone. Lets hope Marrone follows through on his plan to build a proper offense, and it is not a one trick pony. http://profootballta...r-all-the-time/

Edited by FeartheLosing

So...

Stevie loses his starting job to 3 rookie receivers, yet still manages to have a career year and make the Pro Bowl.

And... Even with our #4 receiver putting up 1,000+ yards receiving (what does that say for the other 3 guys), we still manage to run the ball enough for CJ Spiller to lead the NFL in rushing AND his backup to win the Comeback Player of the Year.