FYI: Dansby signs with Cards

Rubes

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not shedding a tear. I don't anticipate seriously competing this coming season. So let the coaches evaluate and teach our younger players this season and see where the cards fall.

And take the money you would have used on Dansby and give it to Byrd. But something tells me the Bills are going to see what we have in the new safeties we signed and if they may be good enough, let Byrd walk after the season

Buddy said, in a sound clip, that it went "very bad," with Dansby. I got the feeling that he wanted a lot more money than they were offering.

Never heard this until just now. Not calling you a liar, but if you have a link, that'd be great.

Buddy said, in a sound clip, that it went "very bad," with Dansby. I got the feeling that he wanted a lot more money than they were offering.

Before he actually re-signed with the Cards, one of the talking heads on NFL Network mentioned that Dansby had visited Buffalo and a few other teams, but that he (Dansby) was "being very picky" before deciding on a team. Which, I suppose, makes sense..but I translated that to mean he was going to go where the most money was and was using Buffalo, and the other teams, to create a market for himself... would have liked to see him in Buffalo, but whatcha gonna do?

Edited by Buftex

I say we still need help in ILB. Alonso has a lot of potential is really the only one we added, and that is with the loss of shepard. And Alonso has a history of getting injured, so if he gets injured, who starts in the middle? Bradham and Moats? unless that UFA rookie pulls out some surprises early on, this unit has me nervous more than any other. I can only assume they are hoping a few solid options get cut as cap casualties and they sign someone on the cheap.

Absolutely puzzling to me why we didn't sign him. A one-year deal....

What this tells me is that they know this is a "building the culture" year--code for "we're gonna suck, but young guys will get reps and experience, good and bad."

A solid vet like Dansby on a one year deal would just delay that process, I guess...

As I predicted.

The money gulf was too big. The Bills were hoping for a bargain signing and as we've seen, the new regime are very disciplined with payroll.

We'll see when the contract numbers come out but I doubt the Bills were offering more than $2 million, tops.

The Bills never made a serious attempt to retain Levitre and I think they're gonna play hardball with Byrd.

There was a soundbite within the last few days where Dansby didn't even mention the Bills as a possibility.

He played 6 years in Arizona. It's a homecoming.

There are no state income taxes in Arizona.

It was a pipe dream and I couldn't care less.

The Kiko Alonso era has started in Buffalo.

Forward young soldiers.

Before he actually re-signed with the Cards, one of the talking heads on NFL Network mentioned that Dansby had visited Buffalo and a few other teams, but that he (Dansby) was "being very picky" before deciding on a team. Which, I suppose, makes sense..but I translated that to mean he was going to go where the most money was and was using Buffalo, and the other teams, to create a market for himself... would have liked to see him in Buffalo, but whatcha gonna do?

Teams can only make offers that are in their best interest.

Players can only take offers that are in their best interest.

Nothing you can do but move on.

Absolutely puzzling to me why we didn't sign him. A one-year deal....

If Nix thought this team was close and this player was the missing piece to the puzzle then a one year deal would make complete sense.

With so much turnover I certainly don't think this is any more than a[nother] rebuild year.

Signing an expensive one year deal in a rebuild year makes no sense at all.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'm not shedding a tear. I don't anticipate seriously competing this coming season. So let the coaches evaluate and teach our younger players this season and see where the cards fall.

And take the money you would have used on Dansby and give it to Byrd. But something tells me the Bills are going to see what we have in the new safeties we signed and if they may be good enough, let Byrd walk after the season

Or tag em again and trade him!

What this tells me is that they know this is a "building the culture" year--code for "we're gonna suck, but young guys will get reps and experience, good and bad."

A solid vet like Dansby on a one year deal would just delay that process, I guess...

That's precisely the message. It's the reason why we won't make a play for a guy like Charles Woodson too, who, IMO, would be a steal on a one-year deal and give us a terrific secondary (and some insurance if Byrd holds out).

This would also be a perfectly acceptable approach, if this were only the first rebuild. But we are on rebuild no. 5.