Chris Gragg Signed

Gragg's a shade under 6'3" but appears taller. Also he has longer than normal arms at 33 5/8" and of course that tremendous speed.

Marrone was saying yesterday that they want to build some plays for Gragg based on what he did at Arkansas.

This kid will make the team and could easily be an opening day starter based on if Chandler is healthy. I watched his video vs Ole Miss on a day when Tyler Wilson was not sharp and Gragg was quite excellent as a receiver and surprisingly as a blocker.

As a blocker he uses his speed to outflank defenders and seal them inside and while he's not a great head-on, in-line blocker, he uses his athleticism to dominate smaller men at the second level.

This kid ran 4.50 at the combine and has run faster than that. He ran a lot of deep seam routes and even when not the primary target, created lots of underneath space in his wake.

This was a really outstanding pick, IMO.

In all seriousness, I love the new CBA. No more worrying about rookie hold-outs. Everyone signs early.

Yup. The toughest spots to sign are, ironically, the 3rd and 4th rounders. I recall a lot of discussion about that last year. 1st and 2nd rounders are slotted pretty quickly, and the 5th-7th rounders are "just happy to be here," but the 3rd and 4th rounders are in that middle ground. I'll be interested to see if that phenomenon holds true again this year.

Yup. The toughest spots to sign are, ironically, the 3rd and 4th rounders. I recall a lot of discussion about that last year. 1st and 2nd rounders are slotted pretty quickly, and the 5th-7th rounders are "just happy to be here," but the 3rd and 4th rounders are in that middle ground. I'll be interested to see if that phenomenon holds true again this year.

Yeah; Graham was the last rookie to sign last year. Here's a breakdown of the issues:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/5/21/3033752/tj-graham-kelvin-sheppard-buffalo-bills-rookie-signings

Gragg's a shade under 6'3" but appears taller. Also he has longer than normal arms at 33 5/8" and of course that tremendous speed.

Marrone was saying yesterday that they want to build some plays for Gragg based on what he did at Arkansas.

This kid will make the team and could easily be an opening day starter based on if Chandler is healthy. I watched his video vs Ole Miss on a day when Tyler Wilson was not sharp and Gragg was quite excellent as a receiver and surprisingly as a blocker.

As a blocker he uses his speed to outflank defenders and seal them inside and while he's not a great head-on, in-line blocker, he uses his athleticism to dominate smaller men at the second level.

This kid ran 4.50 at the combine and has run faster than that. He ran a lot of deep seam routes and even when not the primary target, created lots of underneath space in his wake.

This was a really outstanding pick, IMO.

I really like this guy too.

Had it not been for the injury he had last season he would have been a higher pick.

Ahh, yes, thanks. Just the 3rd rounders, it appears, rather than 4th as well. So, we can expect Goodwin to be the last to sign.

kinda stinks. He's the one guy (other than EJ) who I think could benefit from a complete ota's and preseason. Hopefully we can get him done before preseason starts.

You want your TE's like you want your LB's.

Just like we want versatility in our LB's, where the other team doesn't know what the D is doing, we want that same versatility in our TE's.

If he is on the field with Chandler, is it gonna be a big formation that we run or pass out of? Is he gonna split out wide? Is he gonna line up as a FB? Do you cover him with a DB or a LB, or do you not cover him at all?

As a 7th rd pick, I'm not wetting my pants yet, but hopefully he works out and can be used to confuse defenses, and make them pay when they don't account for him properly.