How good does it feel to know that our QB wants and loves being in Buf

Man, what a strange difference it is to see a major piece of our team is being thrilled that he's playing in Buffalo. Of all of the great things that are coming to light with EJ I find this aspect being the best, that our guy is wanting and enjoying that he's a Buffalo Bill. I thought that I'd mention it and see if anyone else felt this refreshing feeling.

Go Bills!

Edited by Tipster19

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, nothing new, really. Like others have said, JP was big on Buffalo, and Fitz was happy to be here, too. In the end, it's a good feature, but not the most critical one.

EJ Manuel should be happy that he's in Buffalo. Going into the draft he was at-best a fourth round pick but he got picked in the first round by people who don't know what they're doing.

There's going to be a lot of money associated with this blunder that EJ is going to get.

EJ Manuel should be happy that he's in Buffalo. Going into the draft he was at-best a fourth round pick but he got picked in the first round by people who don't know what they're doing.

There's going to be a lot of money associated with this blunder that EJ is going to get.

I hope you're wrong. Doug Marrone hopes you're wrong also, because if you're right, he will be fired after 3 years. For better or worse, Marrone is forever tied to the success of EJ manueal. Also, I feel the Eagles would have drafted him in the second round if the Bills had passed.

Edited by first_and_ten

It IS NEW, really. At least - there's a difference between EJ Manuel and Mario Williams. We had to overpay to get Mario to come here - and he did so with a smile, and polite words - but any observer could tell, Buffalo was not the place he'd of preferred going to, it was the place that paid him the most. We get that a lot with F.A.'s - the question is always asked, "why did you decide to come to Buffalo?" - and, we the listener always know, it's because of the money! Free Agents don't want to come to Buffalo otherwise.

Well, here is a kid who gets drafted in the 1st round, the 1st QB taken - he's a big, athletic kid, smart, fashionable, cool - you can tell he's going to be in commercials, hanging out with stars, a real NFL personality - and he walks on stage with a huge grin like it was the coolest moment in the world. The difference between EJ Manuel and most everyone else that has come to Buffalo of late - if it's been drafted players, they are "just happy to get a chance", but they don't really know much of anything about Buffalo, other than it's sucked for the last decade plus. Same with FA's - they don't want to be here, but they're getting the most money to do so; they don't want to be here because the team has been a black hole for over a decade. Now, the difference with EJ is that the Bills EJ has in mind when he walks on that stage are the Bills of his God Father - Bruce Smith - the Bills that went to 4 straight Super Bowls.

EJ Manuel has a different view of the Bills. He sees it as a cool place to come play, with young, innovative coaching; a team that is going to be FUN to play for, and a team that is going to shock some people. He's not carrying all that UNSPOKEN hesitation, or baggage, with him that is associated with Buffalo. A player like that - a high profile WINNING QB (if he becomes a good player and we start winning) will draw players to Buffalo. Thats the cool thing - the Bills have a chance to redefine themselves here, and become a young, NEW Bills team that players will want to play for, and that, if this works out, will have been worth the 1st round pick in and of itself!

I have to say that I am kind of wishy washy on this Manuel thing becuase I get both the good and bad points of this pick. it is all part of the drat I guess. I think I will just wait and see what happens becuase that is all I can do at this point any way.

Yeah, nothing new, really. Like others have said, JP was big on Buffalo, and Fitz was happy to be here, too. In the end, it's a good feature, but not the most critical one.

Kelly did everything in his power NOT to be here, until he needed a paycheck..

How'd that turn out?

Best wishes for Kelly-like success, EJ!

I don't think any of us can forget Trent Edwards going on national television in the "Feel The Buffalove" t-shirt, so I'd say he was probably happy here, too. Not that I hope you're not right, but like the rest of the posters have pointed out, a lot of qb's were happy in Buffalo and that doesn't automatically equal a winner.

Jim Kelly wasn't happy to be in Buffalo when he was drafted. How did that turn out?

I never knew how badly until i saw a show on ESPN recently about that draft..

To the point he got a call from a CFL team while he was at OBD to sign a contract, and signed with the CFL team.

Crazy stuff.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I never knew how badly until i saw a show on ESPN recently.

To the point he got a call from a CFL team while he was at OBD to sign a contract, and signed with the CFL team.

Crazy stuff.

It's a good thing the Arena League didn't exist back then or he'd never have made the Pro Football HOF!

I never knew how badly until i saw a show on ESPN recently about that draft..

Crazy stuff.

It was the USFL, but yes, it was pretty bad. That ESPN show was discussed at length in another thread, but what's REALLY crazy is that if the Bills' secretary had not put the call from the USFL in to Kelly's agent, he would have signed the contract and started his career in Buffalo 3 years sooner.

Unreal.