No Interest in bringing Corey Mac back!

Now who is gonna waive his sausage in front of the ladies? I know he was declared "innocent"... but what a great/terrible story!

The UDFA from Albany or one of the HB/TE types, I suspect. Or a training camp pickup not yet a gleam in Whaley's eye...

there is a buff news article (or blog) on this. anyone mind posting the content, or at least the gist... buff news articles no longer work from work.

The gist is that we should expect the Bills to have a "fullback by committee" approach, unless one of the 2 UDFA fullbacks make the team. I.e., using Kyle Williams or another DT (or maybe a backup O-lineman) as a lead blocker in short yardage, and using the TE/H-Back types we have (Gragg, Dickerson) as fullbacks part of the time.

The gist is that we should expect the Bills to have a "fullback by committee" approach

Wasn't it Marv who said, "if you think you have 2 starting fullbacks, you don't have any"?

Wasn't it Marv who said, "if you think you have 2 starting fullbacks, you don't have any"?

Actually, I thought he said "Where would you rather be than right here, right now, standing outside some old lady's window with 'lil Corey in your hand."

He was doomed. My wife got his jersey last season ;)

So did my son.

there is a buff news article (or blog) on this. anyone mind posting the content, or at least the gist... buff news articles no longer work from work.

subscribe to the RSS feed - doesn't go thru the 10 articles/month thing.

The UDFA from Albany or one of the HB/TE types, I suspect. Or a training camp pickup not yet a gleam in Whaley's eye...

Kendall Gaskins from Richmond I am sure will be tried at H Back. Need another Spider on the team?

Actually, I thought he said "Where would you rather be than right here, right now, standing outside some old lady's window with 'lil Corey in your hand."

I had to work hard not to laugh out loud so I wouldn't have to explain to my wife what was so funny.

Jeah it surprised me too that they arent bringing him back, he was a standout on ST.

I suspect it is a combination of stuff: 1) Corey's age. Probably a big one 2) salary demands - they expressed interest, and he wanted to test the market at the time. It may be they still aren't willing to settle for the Bills offer, the Bills aren't willing to counter and the "Bills no longer interested" is a cover. It is, after all, Corey's agent being quoted 3) figuring they can get a young athletic gunner for cheap out of the current crop

He was one of the most physical players on a not too physical team so I see it as a loss but the fullback is almost dead as an offensive NFL position and CMac wasn't really built to play TE or H back.