Bills Fans React To Manuel Pick (LAMP)

Awesome.

True fans!

Mark Vader, I still wouldn't recognize you in real life due to your glasses. Your identity is still a secret ... if you care about such things. :thumbsup:

Funny thing is, while I was there, I got interviewed by NFL.com twice. First on Day 1, then on Day 3. I was interviewed by the same guy. First time I had my glasses on, the second time, I did not. It wasn't until after we finished the second interview that I had to remind him of the first interview he did with me. He didn't recognize me without the glasses, even though I wore my hard hat in both interviews.

I guess the glasses keep my identity covered very well.

We don't have anything to gain by starting Kolb for half a season so why even do it. Give EJ the keys to the car and let him drive it. The nfl is changing. I believe the days of first round quarterbacks sitting for any amount of time are over and its not like we have a horrible offensive line so we arent going to need to worry about him taking a beating early.

I think that if the Bills copycat the 49ers offense we should see EJ in some read option packages right away. I kinda doubt he is even close to running a pro style set full time tho.

Like I posted in a different thread, it should be intriguing as to exactly what offense Marrone will run this year.

I think it's on Kolb to beat out EJ Manuel.

if they are equal, then start EJ.

I don't think so. Doug has been quoted *multiple* times that everyone has to earn their position on this team. Why would he want to hand it out to the rookie.

We don't have anything to gain by starting Kolb for half a season so why even do it. Give EJ the keys to the car and let him drive it. The nfl is changing. I believe the days of first round quarterbacks sitting for any amount of time are over and its not like we have a horrible offensive line so we arent going to need to worry about him taking a beating early.

Why not, the O Line is as good early on in the season as it will ever be before the injuries hit. This season will be like one very long preseason where the coaches install their system (not much time in the offseason to install due to new CBA practice limits) and all the players practice it. Firing Gailey and blowing up the coaches and team was fine, but the re start under a bunch of new college coaches and college QB will be very painful.

Absolutely yes. Why waste time on Kolb? Forget about who looks better in training camp, the Bills drafted this guy in the 1st round. I hope they wouldn't have done that if they didn't think he could start in the NFL. Put him in and let him learn. If we go 1-15 fine but I don't want to see a worse version of Fitz out there (Kolb) just so we can eek out 6-7 wins. Worst case scenario is he bombs out and we are in a position to pick a top QB out of a much better class next year.

On a side note, don't be so sure our offensive line is any good. Glenn played pretty well as a rookie, especially in the run game. He was ok at best in the pass game (obviously pretty good for a rookie though), he's solid...No Levitre, or replacement at this time. Wood and Urbik can't stay healthy. Pears and Hairston were a disaster last year IMO, bailed out by the quick short throws of Fitz.

It's a solid run blocking group, but they could use some improvement at pass protection. A FA guard, and a miracle good camp showing by Zebrie Sanders would make me feel better.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I think that if the Bills copycat the 49ers offense we should see EJ in some read option packages right away. I kinda doubt he is even close to running a pro style set full time tho.

Like I posted in a different thread, it should be intriguing as to exactly what offense Marrone will run this year.

Did he run any read option at Fl. State?

Nix has said he needs some polish and he was drafted for his high potential. The only way I would want him to start is if he flat out beats Kolb and shows a high level of understanding of our offense and pro reads. Otherwise, a year sitting and learning will be great for his development. I see him as more of a Kapernick type player than Russel Wilson. As much as Id love to see him start from day 1, Id much rather we didnt throw him into the fire until hes ready.

There was a good program on NFL network yesterday where first round qb picks talked about starting their rookie season and the amount of pressure they felt. And the qb's that were on the show were #1 overall picks, not qb's picked up at 16 for their potential. They talked about how their is so much pressure to come in and "save" the franchise or "be the man" so it made them feel like they needed to make huge plays all the time. They would force throws when they werent there and always felt like they needed to make that big play.

I trust the coaches to make the right decision. As much as I want to watch our new franchise qb play, I would not at all be upset if he sat for a year and learned. Keep in mind this an all together new offense for this team so everyone will be making mistakes not just the qb. Kolb might be able to come in and distribute the ball better and run the offense more efficiently which will help with everyones development on that side of the ball.

Nice work Mark!

EJ looked to be prety well protected at FSU so I think the speed of the NFL game will be his biggest adjustment. He will need to make plays that much quicker in the NFL. He will use his ability to take off and run early in his career but hopefully he will settle in before too long. To that point, I would rather see him sit out until his decision making is up to speed so he doesn't take too many shots like RGIII did.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh