Geno Smith vs EJ Manuel

Some dumb disparaging comments about geno IMO in this thread..

He's ghetto? He didn't dress up enough ? lot of Joan rivers wannabes huh ?

No, It's just that Manuel is a Bill and Smith is not. That's all.

Had the Bills taken Smith the same thread would be here only praising Smith and pissing on some other QB in the draft. Probably Nassib.

We'll see who shines and who cracks this fall.

More likely fall of 2014.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

geno is such a little prick

he wasn't even happy to be drafted he was incredulous he fell down the ladder

he couldnt even be bothered to wear a suit on day 2 to walk the stage!

nice sweater you piece of trash

What would be worse, wearing a sweater, or showing up in the suit he had on yesterday? :lol:

Most college kids only have one suit. And asking them to show up a second day exposes that.

Sure, the agents usually loan them $, which is paid back when they sign. However, I believe there are rules/laws about that, and, most of these guys get just enough $ to survive, and buy: 1 good suit.

Just adding perspective.

As far as Geno vs. EJ?

I don't know? I can't say I would hate it if this turned into a very entertaining rivalry, like Kelly Marino.

I'd rather Geno was a complete bust, but can anyone deny that it would be fun? It's one hell of a story, for years, if it turns out that way. And, wouldn't it be better for us...if Geno is good, but, we usually beat him?

I mean from a pure hazing perspective, wouldn't it be better to get the Jet fans' hopes up, only to dash them? :devil:

Bills got the better man... Believe it. This kid is the real deal.... I'd say physically geno and ej are close, however ej come accross as confident, composed and competitive... Those are the only attributes upstairs that make a diffence.

Bills have finally gotten their franchise QB. Billeive it.

i hope for all Bills fans you are correct

So far I like what I have heard from him so far.

Didnt know his moms was fighting cancer, my mom did also and it was a burden mentally , very much so.

I'm a fan of his already.

Difference: Geno hung his head and acted like a baby the first sign of despair.

and THIS:

When we asked EJ what he feels he can promise Bills fans in his first year with the club this was his response.

“I promise you work ethic. I promise you to definitely give respect for this franchise, respect for the people who root for the Buffalo Bills. I’m never going to disrespect or embarrass the franchise,” said Manuel. ”We’re going to go out here and work as hard as possible and just continue to lead like I’ve always done.”

How can you not like this kid. He has character, integrity and talent. He will shine!

What would be worse, wearing a sweater, or showing up in the suit he had on yesterday? :lol:

Most college kids only have one suit. And asking them to show up a second day exposes that.

Sure, the agents usually loan them $, which is paid back when they sign. However, I believe there are rules/laws about that, and, most of these guys get just enough $ to survive, and buy: 1 good suit.

Just adding perspective.

As far as Geno vs. EJ?

I don't know? I can't say I would hate it if this turned into a very entertaining rivalry, like Kelly Marino.

I'd rather Geno was a complete bust, but can anyone deny that it would be fun? It's one hell of a story, for years, if it turns out that way. And, wouldn't it be better for us...if Geno is good, but, we usually beat him?

I mean from a pure hazing perspective, wouldn't it be better to get the Jet fans' hopes up, only to dash them? :devil:

Most ADULTS, this one included, only have one suit.

Most ADULTS, this one included, only have one suit.

Yes, but the more important question?

Do you own any scarves?

The second more important questions?

Are they made of anything besides wool?

Do you wear them in 30+ degree weather?

Soooo, back on topic. In my limited exposure to both these guys I definitely prefer EJ over Geno.

1. Cant remember the game, might have been vs. Texas Tech or Kansas State but Geno looked defeated on the sideline. Don't get me wrong, I want my QB to be upset when they lose but never defeated. I never saw this from EJ.

2. Watching Gruden QB camp. Maybe Geno had an off day but when Gruden had him remember plays Geno couldn't do it. Now like I said he could have had an off day but when I watched EJ's episode he seemed poised, confident and much more mature.

Just my two cents.

I think it's completely unfair to compare Geno's reactions during the draft and Manuel's. I'm very impressed with Manuel as he seems like a young man with a great head on his shoulders and his parents should be proud, but it most assuredly was easier for him to act positively being the first QB taken.

In saying that I do think we drafted the better leader. There was a video of them both on the red carpet (I can't find it), but I noticed when they were done posing for pictures Manuel walked in front of Geno and he sort of looked away cowardly almost conceiding to EJ to let him walk in across and in front of him that stuck in my mind. I know it's something ridiculous and small but it was just something I noticed and it made me feel that EJ's presense was dominating the moment.

In this video cut it's clear to me that EJ carries himself much better IMO. It probably doesn't mean a lot but to me it does mean something.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000163447/Smith-Manuel-on-red-carpet-with-Deion

Far from it. Once their college eligibility is up and they sign with an agent, everything's on the table. Agents routinely advance top tier prospects beaucoup bucks for things like specialized training by QB gurus, speed coaches and also for wardrobes and other things that will help them 'sell' themselves to teams and land endorsement deals.

That's why when guys like Barkley and Nassib, who were expected to get first round contracts, fall into the 4th round (where they'll probably land $4 million tops over four years), the agents can get a lot less than they bargained for...

[/size]

Far from it. Once their college eligibility is up and they sign with an agent, everything's on the table. Agents routinely advance top tier prospects beaucoup bucks for things like specialized training by QB gurus, speed coaches and also for wardrobes and other things that will help them 'sell' themselves to teams and land endorsement deals.

That's why when guys like Barkley and Nassib, who were expected to get first round contracts, fall into the 4th round (where they'll probably land $4 million tops over four years), the agents can get a lot less than they bargained for...

That's....

why I said "most"? How many endorsement deals can Geno Smith expect? In the Tri-State area? :lol:

I get what you're saying, but, given what we've seen so far from Smith? Did you expect him to go out and buy himself 2 suits, just in case?

Like I said: I hope he does just well enough to get the Jets hopes up, and then we dash them.

Let's be classier than how this thread has characterized Geno. He's young and deserves the benefit of the doubt. I much rather have E.J. and we got him. No need to trash Smith. I don't care where he's from or how he talks. I care about if he can read an NFL defense and I don't think he can.

I'm no Rex fan and the Jets have annoyed me more over the past few years. But I actually don't mind if it turns out to be a Manuel vs. Geno rivalry for the next decade, while the Dolphins and Pats slide into oblivion and unlucky days. A guy can be hopeful, and some shifting of balance in the AFC East would be interesting.

I wish the guy success against anybody but the Bills, and just enough to keep them a rung below Buffalo.

My 3 "guaranteed busts" going into the draft were Smith, Glennon and Bray. And wouldn't you know it, the 2nd and 3rd QBs picked were Smith and Glennon. They're on their way to Brady Quinnville.

Powerball drawing happens tonight. Can you help us out, O Sage?

I will root for geno vs pats and fins....would love to see geno hang a loss on the hoody....but he's set to fail with that terrible wr core.....had a better gig in college w Austin and bailey.

Speaking of which, how about the Rams picking up those two. Dynamic tandem. Bradford might look like a new man after this offseason.

Most people here also continue to forget that Jim Kelly rejected this team. If the technology were around back then I can only imagine the internet brilliance that would have been shared with the general public.

Let's be classier than how this thread has characterized Geno. He's young and deserves the benefit of the doubt. I much rather have E.J. and we got him. No need to trash Smith. I don't care where he's from or how he talks. I care about if he can read an NFL defense and I don't think he can.

I came on here to post this.

hood and ghetto are borderline.............go call a black guy ghetto and see what type of reaction occurs. it's not a great look IMO.

no one wants to be called hood or ghetto IMO.

No one wants to be called a !@#$tard either, but that doesn't make it racist.