4th round options (merged threads)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Injury is more reason to take Jones. We wont be competing next year, get a 3rd or 2nd round O lineman in the 4th because he has a hurt foot and just wait a year for him to be ready, or put him on the PUP list for 6 weeks, its nothing in terms of a ten-15 yr career

PS if we keep Wood long term, Jones could take Levitres vacated spot.

this could very well be it too. Marrone and his OL expertise, might say F%#K it and just take som homeless guy off the street because he knows he can coach him up. I'm good either way. Thank you for saving me here. I was ready to be all upset if we Didnt at least take a C or G

That's how chan got his bearded wonder isn't it?

Why not, Jackson has been on this roster for almost 8 months and is yet to don the Uniform.

We gave him 500k in march to sign. I just don't buy you now cut him for a late round rookie

Although it isnt a need, Jesse Williams DT Alabama is great value in the fourth.

I second that - Williams would be great. So would Shararko. Barkley would be fantastic - I only wonder if the Bills are averse to bringing in another QB who might actually play better in the beginning than EJ, and perhaps screw with his confidence?

Still, there will definitely be guys in the 4th who could push for a starting spot. That is what is so great about this draft - we can still land a starter in the 4th! And, I'd bet we could get another WR in the 5th to challenge for a spot on the team, if not a Guard or TE.

Plus Okafor, Jones, Patton - I hope we trade up and get a couple of these guys who could end up being starters for us - a team like ours, with questionable talent in places, should value these guys a lot more than a team like San Fran, say, who has such high level talent already on their roster - and when there's still a concentrated pool of talent that could just as well have gone in the 2nd or 3rd round - like Okafor, Williams, Barkley - we should spend the later round picks necessary to trade up and plug some more holes, if not add depth!

For once, bring the damn draft to you instead of "letting it come to you"!

Kolb is that competition. it was a mid-tier signing and they have plans for him. i think its different from Washington cuz they were done with Rex Grossman by that draft.. we just signed Kolb, so i think the competition is between him and Manual and lesser extent T-Jax..

I think more TJax in the long run, but time will tell.

My opinion of this draft will drop big time if we use another pick on QB.

In the 4th...If we're still looking need...I'd like to see the Bills grab one of these players...

At SS Phillip Thomas...

At CB B.W. Webb or Jordan Poyer...

At TE Dion Sims intrigues me...

At O-Line I really like Barrett Jones, but it's unclear how much he's going to help in 2013 due to the injury concerns...So I think even the 4th may be too early for him...I really, really like C Brian Schwenke...

Alex Okafor, Marcus Lattimore, Stepfan Taylor, Barrett Jones, David Bakhtiari, Jordan Poyer are some names I'm hoping to hear the Bills call today.

Add a lineman and a lattimore in the next two picks and we might have a track meet ready. Start moving real fast with subpackages to keep guys fresh

In the 4th...If we're still looking need...I'd like to see the Bills grab one of these players...

At SS Phillip Thomas...

At CB B.W. Webb or Jordan Poyer...

At TE Dion Sims intrigues me...

At O-Line I really like Barrett Jones, but it's unclear how much he's going to help in 2013 due to the injury concerns...So I think even the 4th may be too early for him...I really, really like C Brian Schwenke...

Do you draft the best player for this September, or the guy you think will be best long term? I vote the latter. Though a big guy with foot injuries is a concern long term

Add a lineman and a lattimore in the next two picks and we might have a track meet ready. Start moving real fast with subpackages to keep guys fresh

Do you draft the best player for this September, or the guy you think will be best long term? I vote the latter. Though a big guy with foot injuries is a concern long term

Yup. Redshirt Lattimore this year and release Freddy next year and we'll have our Thunder and Lightening for the future. Would LOVE Lattimore in the 4th. Great value IMO.

This is a spot where you would not grab a QB as polished and publicized as Barkley - who wants to create a rookie QB controversy right off the bat.

I could see them taking more of a project like Dysert, or Mat Scott... I would say Wilson or Bray, but I believe both of those guys would not be very good team players holding the clip board and riding the pine with their personalities - just my take.

I don't disagree...But I do think there are some glaring needs that still remain, especially at depth in the secondary...So it's a tough call...Players like Thomas and Poyer were super productive in College and could push for PT early...So...it's an interesting question...If the Bills Doctors are OK with them, I don't see how you cannot consider Jones or Lattimore though... B-)

I don't think they will grab another QB here unless there is a sudden run on them and they actually planned on getting another rookie as a long-term project...

My take is they go TE and grab either Simms or Otten, they could go Toilolo in later rounds; Toilolo is a bit more of a project, but a TE that I think has some more upside getting separation downfield and has a decent vertical.

We will see.

This is a spot where you would not grab a QB as polished and publicized as Barkley - who wants to create a rookie QB controversy right off the bat.

I could see them taking more of a project like Dysert, or Mat Scott... I would say Wilson or Bray, but I believe both of those guys would not be very good team players holding the clip board and riding the pine with their personalities - just my take.

That's my worry. I don't think you can hedge your bets with a young QB the same way you can with other positions. A few bad games and the fans and even teammates can romanticize the backup (especially if he's prominent and young) and get inside the starter's head/divide the team, etc.

Once a QB is established, it's fine to bring in some competition, but not when he is a highly drafted rookie. If Kolb beats Manuel out, fine. But if Manuel wins the job, you ride him for at least one unquestioned year, and for two or three if he shows anything at all. If it doesn't work out after that, you cut bait and move on. Just my opinion.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench

Drafting another QB here would be retarded, I'm sorry...

Why take reps/time away from EJ's development with another rookie QB.

They already have 2 vets on the team to push for the job. Not to mention another rookie would needlessly bring added drama to the team. (EJ isn't RGIII at this point so don't make the comparison with WAS drafting Cousins)

You could say that EJ might not work out, but you would almost guarantee it if you draft another guy here...especially Barkley or Nassib.