4th round options (merged threads)

I'm all for picking another QB. We haven't had a QB in 20 years and we have swung and missed on many QBs during this time. Manuel is certainly no sure thing, so why wouldn't we hedge our bets and pic another?

There have only been 2 QBs picked so far, so there has to be some talent still out there. Alternatively, Nix could just piss away the test of the picks because he has been known not to get anything good in the later rounds.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a wasted pick. Cousins was a waste. Skins wasted a 3rd round pick on a guy who will barely play. As did the pats with mallets. It's doubtful that either cousins or mallets ever get traded, and if they do, for what? At best, a 2nd round pick?

And if the idea is to get an insurance policy on Manuel because Manuel turns out to be a bust, we're probably screwed anyway.

Focus on coaching up EJ full time for 1 year then play him in 2014 season. He's not ready now but has the potential to be a franchise qb if given time to develop. Kolb and TJax will take a lot of hits with a new play book and new receivers , OL changed.

Barrett Jones - if he lasts until our pick, how do we pass him up??

(note: not only is woods injury prone but he could also be gone next year)

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9197435&src=desktop

He's a kid I'd even go up for if need be. He's perfect. I'd love to see him across from dareus at practice. High character guy from bama and a serious player.

Edited by NoSaint

Seems like a wasted pick. Cousins was a waste. Skins wasted a 3rd round pick on a guy who will barely play. As did the pats with mallets. It's doubtful that either cousins or mallets ever get traded, and if they do, for what? At best, a 2nd round pick?

Now that's blasphemy. Don't you know that taking two qbs within the first 3 rounds despite having other gaping holes is bold and thinking outside the box as stated by many here . Lol

I always like this idea and then the reality thwaps me in the face. You can't evaluate that many QBs and you're hoping that some team will want him. We can use cousins as an example, he had a brief, good showing and his trade value still likely isn't equal to where he was drafted. It's a tall order to say that a guy who would be a backup can show enough to net you a better pick than what you use before his rookie contract is up.

but that's because the redskins won the division and made the playoffs, so no one is exactly calling for rg3's head.

now if manuel goes 3-13, and follows it with a 5-11 campaign, i'd feel better knowing we had barkley to turn to, just in case.

You guys think hell be gone in just 8-10 picks? If there's all the top notch guys out there, why not just wait and not give up a pick?

This is my thinking also.

Jones has a Lisfranc Foot injury and the word is he wont even be ready for training camp. That is why he is dropping in the draft. If i'm going to take a G/C prospect, I want Brian Schwenke from Cal

This Schenke would be a good pick.

1) Barrett Jones - OC

2) Michael Williams - TE

3) Nico Johnson - ILB

The above are very good players at positions of need for the Bills. Jones has played LT and Guard as well. Williams is a huge target who doesn't have the numbers because he was surrounded by superstars. Nico is great against the run, and could provide immediate help imo.