Rd 2, Pick #46: LB Kiko Alonso - Oregon

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

enricopalazzo.jpg

Hey look, it's Kiko Alonso!

Hope this young man keeps his nose clean, he should be fun to watch.

Too bad Lt. Drebin isn't around to keep an eye on him..

Now that is just awesome.

"Surely you must be joking."

"No I'm not. And don't call me Shirley."

Edited by QB Bills

Listened to Kiko's interview with Murph tonight. He seems really really dumb. I hope he produces on the field, but he does not sound like a guy that is a fast learner.

Not the most articulate guy for certain. Doesn't mean he's not "football" smart and can't be an instinctive player who'll excel at the NFL level.

Hope he's a real player for the Bills. They and we really need him to be.

Listened to Kiko's interview with Murph tonight. He seems really really dumb. I hope he produces on the field, but he does not sound like a guy that is a fast learner.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a smooth talker...

I don't want rocket surgeons manning our LB core, I want animals.

* I know you were referring to him learning the system, so this wasn't personal.

The dude got so bombed that he broke into someones house just so he could take a nap. He's not winning any genius of the year awards...Who cares though. I watched this kid play in college, and he was everywhere...More importantly he is a perfect fit for what we believe Pettine is trying to do with this defense. He is a skilled blitzing MLB, I am not aware of a better LB at that role in this draft than Kiko.

Not only is he a good Blitzer, but he attacks the run up the middle instead of waiting for the RB to come to him (Poz). Plus he is decent in coverage.

The only reason this guy went where he did is because he has been a moron off the field, we just have to hope an opportunity to start in the NFL is enough to keep him on task (Same for Darick Rogers, I still don't understand how he went undrafted despite his issues).

This is my favorite player in College football.

He reminds me a lot of Chris Spielman

Easy there buddy. Spielman was built like a brick wall. Alonso looks more like a strong safety playing LB.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a smooth talker...

I don't want rocket surgeons manning our LB core, I want animals.

* I know you were referring to him learning the system, so this wasn't personal.

Rocket surgeon?

Easy there buddy. Spielman was built like a brick wall. Alonso looks more like a strong safety playing LB.

A 6-3 240 lbs safety? I'd love me one of those...This kid is almost exactly Von Millers's size coming out college, and he's strong, don't let the "strong safety" look fool you.

Plus these guys tend to add a few pounds once they hit an NFL conditioning program. I'd go as far to say his size is ideal.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

On the tape shared (links) around here, he looks thin and seems to arm tackle a lot, and by a lot I mean almost exclusively. Even when he was in position to blow up a RB or QB, he reaches with his arms. Only his pass defense and hands seemed good. I must say this one worries me and LB is a position of need for the Bills.

...and when Terry Pegula bought the Sabres and had his first press conference, he didn't come across as a billionaire. What's your point?

Edited by LabattBlue

You can't judge these kids without seeing them play, and giving him a chance here. You never know what environment he grew up in, and a lot of kids in high school, and then in college, are shy, and don't learn to be real articulate - not to mention, a lot of jock types, or other rougher circles, don't put an emphasis on articulation. His language skills might not reflect on his football ability, or his character. For all we know he was at his parents house with a bunch of family around and he had to shut himself in a bedroom closet for privacy to do the phone interview. You just don't know.