Rd 2, Pick #41: WR Robert Woods - USC

I read a suggestion that said Stevie and Woods are possesion recs and Graham Spiller and the kid who runs 4.27 will take the top off.

Now that Fitz has found a new home and Hackett Kolb, then later EJ are now here,

expect our offense to become multi and explosive.

go bills

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this pick. Was hoping for Justin Hunter, and suspect the Bills had him above Woods on their board, but this is a nice consolation prize. My only concern is that Woods is neither big nor fast, which is probably why he was available in the 2nd at all. (Similarly, if Hunter had better hands/route running/etc., his 6'4"/4.4 forty would've put him in the first.) I'm a little wary of another Josh Reed. But there's plenty of guys, like Reggie Wayne or our own Stevie Johnson, who are neither big nor fast who still get it done. On the bright side, Woods looks pretty elusive in his highlight film, everyone says he's a good route runner with great hands, and he's neither small nor slow.

I like this pick. Was hoping for Justin Hunter, and suspect the Bills had him above Woods on their board, but this is a nice consolation prize. My only concern is that Woods is neither big nor fast, which is probably why he was available in the 2nd at all. (Similarly, if Hunter had better hands/route running/etc., his 6'4"/4.4 forty would've put him in the first.) I'm a little wary of another Josh Reed. But there's plenty of guys, like Reggie Wayne or our own Stevie Johnson, who are neither big nor fast who still get it done. On the bright side, Woods looks pretty elusive in his highlight film, everyone says he's a good route runner with great hands, and he's neither small nor slow.

Woods is fast. He's been slowed by a nagging foot injury for awhile, and why he ran a 4.5. But he is a 4.4 guy, and was a track star coming into USC in the 200 and 400 meters. He's also got super quick feet. If he puts the injury behind him, he's a legit 4.4. I think he ran 4.43 as a soph. And is a guy who looks faster on the field and in pads, and gets open deep in addition to running good routes.

Just watched the Woods interview after his Combine workout. He looks smooth and polished. When asked which QB threw him the best balls he said .... EJ Manuel. Top answer. Wonder if Buddy and coaching staff took notice.

Just watched the Woods interview after his Combine workout. He looks smooth and polished. When asked which QB threw him the best balls he said .... EJ Manuel. Top answer. Wonder if Buddy and coaching staff took notice.

I found it on a Vikings website if anyone wants to view. He also said that Buffalo had 10 coaches in the room with him at the combine, breaking down film, etc. I agree, he is well spoken. I did not hear the part about EJ Manuel but that may have been a different clip.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Combine-Presser-USC-WR-Robert-Woods/070119a1-ee5e-4dd5-8b68-12032620f90a

It's interesting how little talk we have going on our 2nd Rd pick. He is major talent and would be an Opening Day starter on all 32 teams. He answers our biggest nagging issue over the last 3 years. He's considered the most NFL ready player of the entire Draft by a number of talking heads. His jersey will populate the Ralph this years and seasons beyond.

and we're only on page 4 of his Draft thread..

S'up wit Dat??

Mark my words...Robert woods if he remains healthy during his career...has the potential to be a top ""10"" in the league type of Wr year in year out...has excellent hands...runs beautiful routes and has ""football speed""....when it is all said and done woods will be a better wr than sj13...and I loveeeeeeeeeee stevie j.

Edited by Hotpockets28

It's interesting how little talk we have going on our 2nd Rd pick. He is major talent and would be an Opening Day starter on all 32 teams. He answers our biggest nagging issue over the last 3 years. He's considered the most NFL ready player of the entire Draft by a number of talking heads. His jersey will populate the Ralph this years and seasons beyond.

S'up wit Dat??

I was thinking about that too. The Da'Rick Rogers thread is longer. :) I for one am very excited about this pick and I agree that he will most likely be an opening day starter. I think there is not much being said because it is a nice safe pick that most people agree with, so lack of controversy equals lack of commentary.

S'up wit Dat??

No controversy? We like arguing. Agreeing isn't as much fun.

S'up wit Dat??

Probably because, out of everyone we took, his position is most secure and defined. He's almost certainly going to be a starter, unless Brad Smith, TJ Graham or (more likely) Rodgers really blows us away in camp but it's doubtful he will edge out Stevie this year. He was picked pretty much where everyone said he was going to be picked and while having good all around tools it appears that his route running is his most prized skill. All in all, he's the least controversial player we'll taken over the past few days.

Hate the pick.

Why take him when there were so many other players available with better value.

A definite reach.

The FO panicked thinking he wouldn't last till the 6th round. Haha - the FOOLS! I had a 7th round grade on him.

He's from So Cal. Can't play in the snow and cold. This pick sets us back years.

What were they thinking? Nix is senile, and I hate his accent. Further proof he's an embarrassment to the team, city and league.

Maybe that's what this thread is lacking - a few numbnuts that believe that sort of drivel.

Hate the pick.

Why take him when there were so many other players available with better value.

A definite reach.

The FO panicked thinking he wouldn't last till the 6th round. Haha - the FOOLS! I had a 7th round grade on him.

He's from So Cal. Can't play in the snow and cold. This pick sets us back years.

What were they thinking? Nix is senile, and I hate his accent. Further proof he's an embarrassment to the team, city and league.

Maybe that's what this thread is lacking - a few numbnuts that believe that sort of drivel.

Thanks, Nanker. That should get it rolling!