Your "This ruins my weekend" draft scenarios :)

First of all, I don't mean "ruin" in the sense that we move up from #8 to draft JP Losman(or insert QB here) and you drink yourself into the hospital. If that's the case, then you won't remember anything anyway.

No, I mean "ruin" in terms of completely destroying all plans and activities you might have had, because you will have little choice but to cling to whatever media you can get your hands on, because you may very well miss what the Bills do next.

For me, "ruin my weekend" starts with this: http://www.drafttek....raft-Round1.asp

If Lane Johnson is there, all hell will break loose, and we are almost definitely going to trade down. We will get a mitful of picks from the people who need O line(even the Chargers might consider trading up, to get past the Jets), especially the Bears, Rams, Saints.

Another? If a bidding war starts for Tavon Austin, and we don't want him. You have to get past the Jets to get him.

With both of these we end up with a slew of picks, and then we could do a ton of different things with them.

What's your "oh man, I am ordering out for the next 48 hours" scenario?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy Nix is locked in his bathroom or bedroom or wherever and nobody looks for him. Bills trade out of the 8th, trade Jarius Byrd, make another trade and end up with 12 draft picks overall, 3 in the 1st, 3 in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd.

Cordarelle Patterson at 8. Trade next year's #1 for SF's #1 to take Nassib. If the Bills trade ANY picks from next year to move up in this draft, it will be a laughingstock move.

+1

I would rather pick Naasib or Barkley at #8 and get Woods @ #41.

Buddy Nix is locked in his bathroom or bedroom or wherever and nobody looks for him. Bills trade out of the 8th, trade Jarius Byrd, make another trade and end up with 12 draft picks overall, 3 in the 1st, 3 in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd.

And with those picks......

So your view of a potential draft pick is based on a limited prep all star game with unfamiliar players and coaches and vertical jumps. I've watched or listened to mist if not all of his Syracuse games. I also live almost in the backyard of malvern prep and have heard reports of hw good he was pre-college. I am a syracuse homer so my glasses are definitely orange tinted but I honestly feel he will be a successful QB....especially playing for a staff he has 4 years experience with.

Nassib at number at number 8. Trading a pick to move up and drafting Nassib. I saw nothing at the senior bowl or the combine that would indicate he is more than a backup QB in the NFL.

Being that I'm away from family on a long term project in LA, my weekend won't be ruined by the Draft because it's what I intend to do. Well, that and here..

I don't have much of a life, I guess.

BTW, OC (OP), you may want to re-title the thread. A back up 1st post isn't always read and the title suggests to me that Drafting Nassib at 8 would RUIN MY WEEKEND! Just sayin'..

Patterson, Austin, Jordan, Ansah at 8. All will be useless in the NFL.

Austin could be brilliant in this offense (and negate our need for an elite QB), and don't get what you don't see in Jordan...agree that Ansah and Patterson are incredibly risky.

In spirit of OCinBuffalo's OP, drafts which would make me giddy:

Austin at #8, trade back into first round for EJ Manuel (would rather a qb falls

Jets trade up to #7, lose picks, draft Nassib (i live in nyc, and the excrementstorm would be obscenely delightful), Jordan/Fisher/Geno/Milliner drops to Bills (or we take Austin)

Trade down with Rams/49ers/Vikings get some combo of Eifert or Ertz/Manuel or Barkley/T'eo or Jones/Hunter or Austin or Hopkins or Allen/Vaccaro/Warmack or Cooper with first 3 picks (a lot of these guys would have to be in freefall, but that's kinda the point).

Trading down with one of these teams AND trading Byrd for picks would "ruin my weekend" in both interpretations (really would hate to see Byrd go for so many reasons, would be excited about the flurry of picks, and simply rapt like an infant in the thrall of jingling keys).

Oh dear lord how I would love/hate this!

Edited by thurst44

Austin could be brilliant in this offense (and negate our need for an elite QB), and don't get what you don't see in Jordan...agree that Ansah and Patterson are incredibly risky.

In spirit of OCinBuffalo's OP, drafts which would make me giddy:

Austin at #8, trade back into first round for EJ Manuel (would rather a qb falls

Jets trade up to #7, lose picks, draft Nassib (i live in nyc, and the excrementstorm would be obscenely delightful), Jordan/Fisher/Geno/Milliner drops to Bills (or we take Austin)

Trade down with Rams/49ers/Vikings get some combo of Eifert or Ertz/Manuel or Barkley/T'eo or Jones/Hunter or Austin or Hopkins or Allen/Vaccaro/Warmack or Cooper with first 3 picks (a lot of these guys would have to be in freefall, but that's kinda the point).

Trading down with one of these teams AND trading Byrd for picks would "ruin my weekend" in both interpretations (really would hate to see Byrd go for so many reasons, would be excited about the flurry of picks, and simply rapt like an infant in the thrall of jingling keys).

Oh dear lord how I would love/hate this!

Paint Austin blue and he is in a Saturday morning cartoon. Jordan is Maybin but a little better. No thanks.

The only thing that will bum me out in this draft is if we trade up (at any point) to secure a player. I hate doing that and in retrospect it often backfires on us.

If we stay at #8 and draft Nassib, I'll understand it but deep down wish we could have traded back into the teens and done the same thing.

Edited by BillsGuyInBallstonSpa

Paint Austin blue and he is in a Saturday morning cartoon. Jordan is Maybin but a little better. No thanks.

Ok, can't argue with that logic...paint 5'9" Wes Welker blue and he still will retire near or beyond 10000 receiving yards in the NFL. I still contend Austin could be fascinating in this offense with CJ, SJ and TJ (and don't rule out Freddie as a well-above average 2nd back).

Jordan=slightly better Maybin? Maybe, but while I know draft experts can be lockstepping idiots at times, when Maybin was picked at 11, he was widely considered a stretch and an awful pick -- if the Bills got Jordan at 8, he'd be considered one of the major steals of the draft.

The only thing that will bum me out in this draft is if we trade up (at any point) to secure a player. I hate doing that and in retrospect it often backfires on us.

If we stay at #8 and draft Nassib, I'll understand it but deep down wish we could have traded back into the teens and done the same thing.

Agreed. As a friend of mine put it (paraphrasing), if they draft Nassib at #8, he won't like it, but he'll get behind it, b/c what else are we gonna do as fans?