Freedom in America

NOTE: This is NOT a "conspiracy theory", but rather, just retelling what actually happened last Friday in Boston.

OK, so everyone knows that last Friday the city of Boston & some surrounding towns were on "lockdown", as thousands of LE folks searched for one of the suspected marathon bombers. They told people to stay in their homes, for "their own safety." Then heavily-armed LE/SWAT/Secret Service/DEA/Homeland Security personnel scoured certain neighborhoods, and in some cases, went door-to-door SEARCHING houses, without a warrant for those searches.

From the attached video, you can see that they REMOVED INNOCENT PEOPLE FROM THEIR HOMES AT GUNPOINT, SEARCHED THEM, and then told them to run down the street to who knows where. They did the latter even when the physical attributes of the people DID NOT MATCH the suspect they were looking for (and at that time, they knew exactly who they were looking for, the younger Chechnyan brother).

It's one thing to knock on someone's door and respectfully ask them "Is everything OK in here? It's just you and your family in here, right?", and then move on to the next house. It's totally another VERY WRONG thing to YELL at you, and force you out of your home AT THE END OF A LOADED AR-15, and SEARCH you for weapons. Link to video is below:

http://www.libertyne...nother-country/

IMHO, they stomped all over the 4th amendment, and it's not a good sign for the future, I don't care who they were looking for.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police and military exist for the sole purpose of defending us from military threats, and reacting to internal crime and terrorism. With that in mind, those entities are given a much greater degree of latitude when they are actually fighing a war, or are in the middle of an active crime scene durring the commision of a crime. Which is what happened on Friday night. They didn't burst into anyone's house at random, they had a coordinated effort to capture a known and dangerous terrorist who was contained in a known area.

That's exactly the reason we have a police force and a military.

Yes, clearly the police should have been forced to get warrants for each house in Watertown if they wanted to find that guy so badly. How dare they trample on our rights while pursuing a guy who set off bombs at a public gathering*!!

* oh, wait. I forgot there is no video footage of him arming and detonating the bomb so therefore he didn't do it.

NOTE: This is NOT a "conspiracy theory", but rather, just retelling what actually happened last Friday in Boston.

OK, so everyone knows that last Friday the city of Boston & some surrounding towns were on "lockdown", as thousands of LE folks searched for one of the suspected marathon bombers. They told people to stay in their homes, for "their own safety." Then heavily-armed LE/SWAT/Secret Service/DEA/Homeland Security personnel scoured certain neighborhoods, and in some cases, went door-to-door SEARCHING houses, without a warrant for those searches.

From the attached video, you can see that they REMOVED INNOCENT PEOPLE FROM THEIR HOMES AT GUNPOINT, SEARCHED THEM, and then told them to run down the street to who knows where. They did the latter even when the physical attributes of the people DID NOT MATCH the suspect they were looking for (and at that time, they knew exactly who they were looking for, the younger Chechnyan brother).

It's one thing to knock on someone's door and respectfully ask them "Is everything OK in here? It's just you and your family in here, right?", and then move on to the next house. It's totally another VERY WRONG thing to YELL at you, and force you out of your home AT THE END OF A LOADED AR-15, and SEARCH you for weapons. Link to video is below:

http://www.libertyne...nother-country/

IMHO, they stomped all over the 4th amendment, and it's not a good sign for the future, I don't care who they were looking for.

Yelling at people is a direct violation of the 4th Amendment.

You'll have to forgive Tom as he repeatedly violates your 4th amendment.

I refuse to believe that video, as it came from "the authorities." "The authorities" need to provide me with proof that that video is genuine...which I won't accept, since it comes from "the authorities".

*Knock*Knock*Knock*

Is everything OK in here?

So by extension, if city-paid firemen enter a burning house without a warrant by smashing the windows and doors with a bigass axe, and throw the inhabitants away from the flame, sometimes a full floor down, or worse, grab them and forcebly cary them down a long ladder, aren't they also in violation of 4th amendment?

So by extension, if city-paid firemen enter a burning house without a warrant by smashing the windows and doors with a bigass axe, and throw the inhabitants away from the flame, sometimes a full floor down, or worse, grab them and forcebly cary them down a long ladder, aren't they also in violation of 4th amendment?

There's a great kids movie called "The Incredibles" where super hero, Mr. Incredible, saves a man who jumped off a building to kill himself. The guy suffered a bruised shoulder when he was saved, and sued Mr. Incredible. The dialogue went something like:

Laywer: Mr. Smith didn't ask to be saved. Mr. Smith didn't want to be saved. And now the injuries caused by Mr. Incredibles so-called actions are causing him daily pain.

Mr. Incredible: But I saved your life.

Mr. Smith: No, you ruined my death.

The only part of this which seems unbelievable is the existence of a super hero.

There's a great kids movie called "The Incredibles" where super hero, Mr. Incredible, saves a man who jumped off a building to kill himself. The guy suffered a bruised shoulder when he was saved, and sued Mr. Incredible. The dialogue went something like:

Laywer: Mr. Smith didn't ask to be saved. Mr. Smith didn't want to be saved. And now the injuries caused by Mr. Incredibles so-called actions are causing him daily pain.

Mr. Incredible: But I saved your life.

Mr. Smith: No, you ruined my death.

The only part of this which seems unbelievable is the existence of a super hero.

Love the movie. Inconceivable! that life is imitating cartoons.

Stop using logic GG...there's no place for that here.

It's one thing to knock on someone's door and respectfully ask them "Is everything OK in here? It's just you and your family in here, right?", and then move on to the next house. It's totally another VERY WRONG thing to YELL at you, and force you out of your home AT THE END OF A LOADED AR-15, and SEARCH you for weapons.

Let's assume for a moment that the 19 year old bomber (yes, I said he's a bomber) snuck into someone's basement, attic, spare bedroom or garage. Let's assume that the homeowner had no idea he was in the house and went about their business making dinner and playing Monopoly with the kids. If I haven't searched my entire house (which some elderly folks may have been unable to do for physical reasons or simply because they are scared to hell), I find it appropriate for the police/FBI/ATF, etc to arrive on the porch and make the search themselves. Certainly, if the 19 year old bomber was in the house and it wasn't searched, his ability to influence the homeowner and his/her family while holding them at gunpoint is self evident. But it's crazy to think the 19 yr old bomber would be hiding somewhere in or on a person's property without them knowing...right?? #boat #cabincruiser #noreasontohideifinnocent

...And yes, the homeowner ran down the street and was protected from possible harm if a firefight erupted in the middle of his family room or garage. Could you imagine the uproar if the 19 yr old piece of **** was in the house, the homeowner stayed in the house and was caught by bullets fired from police?? Holy shiite...talk about a cluster f%$k. The police instructed the homeowner's accordingly.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Let's assume for a moment that the 19 year old bomber (yes, I said he's a bomber) snuck into someone's basement, attic, spare bedroom or garage. Let's assume that the homeowner had no idea he was in the house and went about their business making dinner and playing Monopoly with the kids. If I haven't searched my entire house (which some elderly folks may have been unable to do for physical reasons or simply because they are scared to hell), I find it appropriate for the police/FBI/ATF, etc to arrive on the porch and make the search themselves. Certainly, if the 19 year old bomber was in the house and it wasn't searched, his ability to influence the homeowner and his/her family while holding them at gunpoint is self evident. But it's crazy to think the 19 yr old bomber would be hiding somewhere in or on a person's property without them knowing...right?? #boat #cabincruiser #noreasontohideifinnocent

I thought they should look in the crawl space, not in the house. Unless that was a known friends house or relative.

But...

It's one thing to knock on someone's door and respectfully ask them "Is everything OK in here? It's just you and your family in here, right?", and then move on to the next house.

why wouldn't this approach work?

*Knock*Knock*Knock*

Is everything OK in here?

Friggin' moderators. Now we see the violence inherent in the system. Help, help, I'm being repressed!

But...

why wouldn't this approach work?

Seriously?

Possibility of a hostage situation.