Freedom in America

Glad that there's at least one person on this forum who realizes that what happened last Friday in Boston was clearly a gross abuse of gov't power. The notion that no one else in here really cares is quite scary.

OTOH, the cheap shot at he end was totally uncalled for, so I must say in reply, please go sodomize yourself with a broom handle. ;-)

Um...

See, I made the argument that you should have made:

That while understanding the major conflicting preassures on law enforcment during last Friday's events; a national discussion should be had, given major world changes, about the application of our laws in the middle of a very narrow and targeted manhunt for an armed terrorist in a very specific area. A discussion should also be had about any suspension of the rights of a US citizen in US territory. A discussion. Which is reasonable, and something that most any American would be willing to have.

The "argument" you actually made wasn't even actually an argument. You declared, piggy-backing onto your prior conspiracy theory thread, that law enforcment had essentially acted as tyrants on Friday. You weren't looking for discussion, you were looking for a soap box, and demanded argeement rather than looking to the obvious and reasonable middle-ground which would dictate that new guidelines need to be established for these situations, and that those guidelines should quite logically and reasonably include forcable evacuations during an active targeted manhunt.

So, no. We aren't talking about the same thing at all, and that's why you're eating an incredible ration of **** right now.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad that there's at least one person on this forum who realizes that what happened last Friday in Boston was clearly a gross abuse of gov't power. The notion that no one else in here really cares is quite scary.

OTOH, the cheap shot at he end was totally uncalled for, so I must say in reply, please go sodomize yourself with a broom handle. ;-)

Actually, I realized it early Friday, and posted about it. But apparently it didn't count, because I'm not a pants-wetting conspiracy freak like yourself. Maybe, instead of assuming you're the only one in the room with your eyes open, you should shut the !@#$ up for thirty seconds and read what other people have to say about things, hmmm?

Seems to be lot of support for the actions of the police in Boston here Does that mean if there's a jail break near my home I can expect a warrantless search? It's a active investigation, after all, for my own good.

Hopefully they are more competent than the inspectors.

Seems to be lot of support for the actions of the police in Boston here Does that mean if there's a jail break near my home I can expect a warrantless search? It's a active investigation, after all, for my own good.

It's time for a discussion. These limits need to be determined.

It's time for a discussion. These limits need to be determined.

Without a doubt, but not if John in Jax is included. His hissy fit way of dealing with things is not the way we roll here. :w00t: Well, maybe it's only those of us that are on the right side of center.

Apparently the sound of a flushing toilet is due cause to bust in http://www.boston.co...antless_search/

I'm surprised that even went to the Supreme Court. Suspicion of disposing of evidence is probable cause. That challenge, narrow as it is, is a no-brainer.

The question that story really begs is: what where the police doing there to begin with? The whole idea of "destroying evidence" presumes a need to secure evidence to begin with...which leads one to suspect something in the line of a reason that the cops were around to begin with (I mean, they didn't just walk by, smell pot, and hear a toilet flush). So where was their warrant for that?

I'm surprised that even went to the Supreme Court. Suspicion of disposing of evidence is probable cause. That challenge, narrow as it is, is a no-brainer.

The question that story really begs is: what where the police doing there to begin with? The whole idea of "destroying evidence" presumes a need to secure evidence to begin with...which leads one to suspect something in the line of a reason that the cops were around to begin with (I mean, they didn't just walk by, smell pot, and hear a toilet flush). So where was their warrant for that?

Maybe they had really good noses and smelled the pot a mile away. Then hearing any sound inside at all is suspicion of destroying evidence. For a crime that may or may not have happened. Sounds like a universal, all purpose warrant to me.

Now that the smoke has settled, come to find out that the Boston cops and their legions of state & federal helpers were more like the Keystone Kops, rather than the smart heroes everyone thought they were. And let's remember, had it not been for a civilian finding the bomber in his backyard, the cops might still be looking.

"It has been more than a week since police were hailed as heroes in Boston, eliciting cheers and hugs in the aftermath of the death of one suspect and capture of the other in the April 15 bombing that killed three and injured 260. As more details of the bombing and the subsequent search for Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his younger brother Dzhokhar emerge, some residents and officials are expressing skepticism about the police work."

Look here for the whole story: http://www.bloomberg...kip-street.html

BFBF--not reading the whole thread again and completly misunderstanding things.

Sorry I don't have the time you do to spend reading every thread here. It must suck to not have much of a life.

Unbelievable video. Thanks for posting. I'm still trying to get over the fact that they blew up the house and bulldozed the charred remains while singing chorus after chorus of Deutchland, Deutchland über alles. And what were the books they were tossing into the flames? And the folks they led away... they put them on a train. The train cars had no windows. Where was that train going?

The North Pole dipshit!! Polar Express was clearly marked on the side of the train.

But in all seriousness, you have to admit the part where they made the lady kneel in the street while they shot her in the back of the head was pretty damning.

Exigency circumstances and sweeps for dangerous circumstances are legal. Also maybe they took the chance that any evidence they found would be in admissible. Ad do you know there was no warrant?

As to rushing people to safety as they left, seriously?

Now that the smoke has settled, come to find out that the Boston cops and their legions of state & federal helpers were more like the Keystone Kops, rather than the smart heroes everyone thought they were. And let's remember...

Dust settles. Smoke clears. Get the cliches right.

Sorry I don't have the time you do to spend reading every thread here. It must suck to not have much of a life.

The North Pole dipshit!! Polar Express was clearly marked on the side of the train.

But in all seriousness, you have to admit the part where they made the lady kneel in the street while they shot her in the back of the head was pretty damning.

So, you're ok with making ignorant comments about something that you know nothing about?

Exigency circumstances and sweeps for dangerous circumstances are legal. Also maybe they took the chance that any evidence they found would be in admissible. Ad do you know there was no warrant?

As to rushing people to safety as they left, seriously?

Dust settles. Smoke clears. Get the cliches right.

Emergency? Because some suspect was on the loose? Every day's a emergency by that. Shoot might as well remove my door so the cops can stroll in and out every time the 7-11 gets held up.

So, you're ok with making ignorant comments about something that you know nothing about?

In his defense it would be difficult to make ignorant comments if he were well informed.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Emergency? Because some suspect was on the loose? Every day's a emergency by that. Shoot might as well remove my door so the cops can stroll in and out every time the 7-11 gets held up.

First, don't confuse my shorthand explanation of warrantless search exceptions as endorsing their application in this case. I know very little about what was going on in that video. All I saw were police going in, and young men coming out and running away. I didn't hear much besides a few "get your hands up" shouts.

I don't know what happened there. Did someone tip the police off? Did they have a warrant? Did the people in the house give consent? Had they seen something in a window that made them encircle the house? It sure seemed like more than just the average door-to-door search for that home. John in Jax has is panties in a bunch about this. All I know is that I saw a video of police officers acting in a super tense situation. Maybe they made a mistake and went over the search and seizure reasonableness line, maybe not. If they went over the line,maybe they will be disciplined or one of the tenants will sue them for some BS reason. That seems like an OK outcome to me. That's the system working.

Y'all remember the shootout on Thursday night where the brothers had only ONE gun, and the "professional" cops had enough firepower to fight the Vietnam War? Well, it looks like the one cop that was badly wounded that night was shot by "friendly forces." Keystone Kops indeed!

The way the nation met 33-year-old MBTA Transit Police officer Richard Donohue was — like much of the conflictinginformation from that night of mayhem in Watertown, Massachusetts — violent, fast, and scary: He was exchanging fire with the Tsarnaev brothers, the story went, and he took a gun shot to his right thigh from the Boston bombing suspects — an injury that would see Donohue lose all of his own blood, sever three blood vessels, send him into cardiac arrest, and almost die. Now comes a more complete picture, with more eyewitnesses telling a new story, that Donohue was probably shot by a fellow police officer.

Full article here: http://www.theatlant...cop-shot/64953/