Buddy's WR Wildcard

In the pre draft luncheon, Buddy was giving a lot of love to Easley. When asked about receivers in the draft that are open when they're covered he quickly brought Easley into the mix almost as if he was already penciled in as a starter and stated something to the affect that "he's finally healthy and he's 227 and can run".

I hope so... he's going into his 4th year. Injured most of the three years and not much playing time, and except for a kickoff return, nothing to show for. It's putup or shutup time for Buddy & Easley. If I was doing the drafting I'd still be looking to grab a receiver before the 4th round that will figure into the mix day one. Fine if Easley pans out, but, just like Troup, there's little there to make one believe that they will be significant contributors.

I'll be pulling for Easley, but time is running out.

I never understood why he wasn't given a tryout the last 4 to 5 games last year. We were playing for dominoes at the time. I think Chan had it in for Marcus because of the heart injury or whatever that was.

I don't think Chan had it out for Easley. He was too worried about saving his job and wasn't concerned about the future.

In the pre draft luncheon, Buddy was giving a lot of love to Easley. When asked about receivers in the draft that are open when they're covered he quickly brought Easley into the mix almost as if he was already penciled in as a starter and stated something to the affect that "he's finally healthy and he's 227 and can run".

I hope so... he's going into his 4th year. Injured most of the three years and not much playing time, and except for a kickoff return, nothing to show for. It's putup or shutup time for Buddy & Easley. If I was doing the drafting I'd still be looking to grab a receiver before the 4th round that will figure into the mix day one. Fine if Easley pans out, but, just like Troup, there's little there to make one believe that they will be significant contributors.

I'll be pulling for Easley, but time is running out.

I think that might have been a little smokescreen talk. I really feel that Cordarelle Patterson is Nix's guy. The only thing that doesn't make it a lock it down prediction is his possible character concerns and his one year to judge him on which Nix says he doesn't like. Other than that, he's a guy with true difference maker ability like Spiller has who was the Bills first round pick in 2010. He is a perfect fit for a huge need. This team needs an impact player on the outside. Johnson and Spiller aren't getting any younger. The Patriots are starting to look very vulnerable this year. If Kolb plays well and they hit on Patterson, the Bills really could win the division. The Bills must know that this division became up for grabs with the Pats losing Welker, and the two TE's being so banged up.

That's my prediction. As for QB, I think they aren't sold on anyone with that high #8 pick and they will pick one to develop at #41 or by trading up. I won't even get into the debate on who that guy might be, I'm tired of that one...LOL

I didnt know Easley ran a 4.39 at the combine. Would be nice if he could put it together. But redemption stories are rare in the NFL. Im saving all my optimism for coaches and quarterback. So I've got none to spare. But I would love to see him step up.

I didnt know Easley ran a 4.39 at the combine. Would be nice if he could put it together. But redemption stories are rare in the NFL. Im saving all my optimism for coaches and quarterback. So I've got none to spare. But I would love to see him step up.

and Dorin Dickerson ran a 4.4 as well, and will be tried at WR this offseason/training camp

http://www.nfl.com/c...erson?id=497222

TJ Graham ran a 4.41

http://www.nfl.com/d...aham?id=2532850

So that 3 guys with 4.4 speed. Hopefully all 3 can step it up. I still think we need a #2 or #1b WR but Dickerson, Graham and Easley should/could adequately fill in #3 - #5 WR slots

Edited by shibuya

It would be one thing is Easley showed some flash of promise in the few moments where he wasn't injured. But we just haven't seen it. Easley is as the OP suggests - a wildcard. I sure as Hell wouldn't bank on him.

Actually he looked like our best WR during the preseason before the 2011 season. He was penciled in to start over Jones and Nelson before he came down with that heart issue. He looked great.

Actually he looked like our best WR during the preseason before the 2011 season. He was penciled in to start over Jones and Nelson before he came down with that heart issue. He looked great.

misremembering a bit... he dropped a few balls in those games, at least one which deflected off him for an INT. potential, but not good enough hands.

they may hope he's good enough to be a top 5 guy, but no way they count on him to start. they'll be drafting a guy by the 3rd round at latest, almost no doubt. Hopkins or Hunter or Harper or Dobson... someone with that "large catch radius" quality.