Have you ever worn Bills gear to an away game?

• Dodgers fans go to Arizona to watch team play Diamondbacks
  • Dodgers fans pay $3,000 apiece to sit in the ground-level suite directly behind home plate (where the fans are seen in their Dodger gear on TV on every pitch)
  • Diamondbacks owner sees this, and orders security to force the Dodgers fans to wear Diamondbacks gear

“Though the stadium was publicly funded, the Diamondbacks say they have the right to dictate what fans do and do not wear, just as teams can determine whether fans are allowed to bring signage into stadiums.”

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1316873

http://www.azcentral...heir-seats.html

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya, but I was smart about it.

Went to a Dolphins game with a Nate Clements jersey. My wife (a Dolphin fan) wore her Ricky Williams jersey. When you're with your wife (or girlfriend) it's cute and people laugh that you're together.

when you go alone or with a group of other fans for the opponent, you're just asking for trouble.

It's not right, but that's the world we live in.

It shouldn't matter what teams apparel they wear, especially at that price tag. Were they told of the policy before hand? If this is the policy, how come the usher allowed them to go to their suite dressed in Dodger blue? I would be interested to hear how many other teams have the same policy.

I wore my Bill's gear to a Washington vs Chicago game in DC. Some fan started heckling me about the "my Team's Colors" and that the Bills aren't playing. I said "really I proud to wear Red White and Blue anytime and proud to wear the Bill's Colors anytime".... whats your problem. He just said..." its all cool".

You can never go wrong with Red white and blue. Go Bills!

I've gone to Dolphins home games in my Bills jersey, mostly an older and family crowd so you get the playful boos and yelling. If I wasn't a Bill, I would never wear another jersey to the Ralph, I enjoy our rowdiness, but that many drunk kids, usually angry at a poor showing by the Bills, is asking for trouble.

I live on Long Island so ive never been to a home game and have always been to away games. I keep telling myself I have to head up there for a home game eventually. Anyway, i have two scenarios.

Bills/jets at metlife a few times. I always rock the Bills jersey. I go with a few jets fans anyway so i get heckled but never bad. The funniest was when SJ dropped that game winning pass 2 years ago, the whole walk back to the car, jets fans were chanting "WHY SO SERIOUS" (had an sj jersey on)

However, i saw an eagles/bills game in philly. I had heard how bad those fans were and it was cold so i wore a jersey underneath a winter jacket. Thought about taking jacket off but i saw philly fans going up an escalator throw beer onto a bills fan.....decided to keep the jacket on the whole game lol

I wore my Flutie jersey to back-to-back Redskins games and to Ravens games. I had REALLY good seats for the Redskins game, and was initally harassed a bit by the Redskins fans. The Redskins were pretty bad that year, and got embarrassed by the Bills. By the end of the game, the 'skins fans were chearing for Flutie, esp. when he juked a LB out of his jock to pick up an extra 5 yards.

The Baltimorons were not as friendly. Much worse seats in the upper level of PSINet Stadium. It was a very close and sloppy game. The one thing I do remember is using the restroom and being harassed by a Ravens fan while I was at the urinal. Resisting the urge to turn toward the guy to make sure I heard him correctly :flirt:, I finished up and then explained that it was a sloppy game, so it would be close. He continued to be obnoxious, yelling things about the Bills even as I left the restroom.

The Bills won, and as my wife and I walked back to the car, a Baltimore fan -- with his kids -- started yelling things about the Bills. You stay classy, Baltimore!

I do all the time as well. In Miami you would get some heckling.

The best was in New England like 3 years ago (Bills lost a close game). I had on my Andre Reed jersey and some guy was heckling me on the way into the stadium. The last thing that he said was, "Who's Reed anyways"? My cousin who is a 95 lb girl from Boston explained it to him in a rather esmasculating manner. Everyone was laughing at that guy.

That is what you deal with in NE. Bar none the least educated football fans in the country. No one cared about the Patriots before the tuck rule. Next time you meet a "die hard" Pats fan ask them who were the starting QBs from their first Super Bowl appearance to now. At least half won't know.

Edited by Kirby Jackson