Eagles release Trent Edwards

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just going to say it... I hope for the best for this guy. He seemed creepy, spazlike, and a little bit of a dork but he was hard to dislike.

i thought he was easy to dislike, especially when he was on the field -- i absolutely hated him then. also, i never thought he owned up to his poor play during post-game interviews. always with the "we," never with the "I." he sounded exactly like his coach in interviews, totally unable to figure out why they didn't execute -- gee golly it's hard to win and we have to do a better job executing -- get back and watch the film.

post concussion, he was a scared kitten in the pocket -- afraid to throw downfield unless it was a simple first-option post, afraid to throw over the middle, afraid to stand in the pocket. we didn't call him Trentative for nothing... he made fitz look like a savior in comparison -- don't forget that. when fitz started throwing over the middle, he tricked all of us into thinking we had a good offense. that should give us some perspective on just how bad the QB before him was...

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

Trent was never right after he took that shot to the head (was it against KC?) Too bad, he looked like a mid-round steal there for a little while.

Arizona Cardinals game...blitz by their safety...I think it was Wilson. I agree that he was never the same afterwards.

All I know is that there are redfaces in Chenango Forks!

Good memory. or your a stalker and I should put up my cape and retire to private life where nobody remembers me. I wonder if Trent needs a roommate...

but the late bill walsh gave him a glowing recommendation!!!

BTW, it was not just Bill Walsh, Even Steve Mariucci was gushing as to how Edwards never lost a game as a HS player and how he played in Stanford. Edwards had some good intangibles, but with the kitty offense run by our coaching staff, there was no chance for him to succeed.

Arizona Cardinals game...blitz by their safety...I think it was Wilson. I agree that he was never the same afterwards.

Actually he had one of his best games 2 weeks later against the San Diego Chargers!!

i dont think ive ever seen a QB become so damaged mentally .-playing so scared--like a little old lady out there--and not a tough one.

he should have quit a long time ago. thankfully he was 3rd string and never got hit again. he could become like a syd barrett if he is not careful. QUIT trent..no shame in it.

99 % of the posters on here would be crippled for life if they took that shot from Wilson. Maybe Trent was gun shy afterwards. Maybe he wasn't. But people act like he was a coward. He came back and played two weeks later. Most of us would have been hooked up to a feeding tube for life.

Get er done!! Sign him... or we're Doomed!! !! Trade Mario!! It's on like a mofo!! Super bowl!! Ralph is cheap!!

Did I get most of 'em? I figured I would be the first and just get them all out of the way... :bag:

Ha ha ha...thanks for this!