Mayor Bloomberg: Anthony Weiner's sexting is ''unimportant

Why did Romney's dog sitting on top of the family car get talked about so much, but this is supposed to be swept under the carpet?

I barely remember the pics. My concern is did the carpet match the drapes, or was that fake too?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

There have already seen some great lines about Weiner. I'm sure there will be more give his decision to run. So far I have seen:

Weiner Goes in

Premature Election

Feel free to post any you have seen here or just make some up like:

Weiner spanked - for when he loses the primary

Weiner goes limp - for when his campaign donations are down

There has to be a million of 'em.

There have already seen some great lines about Weiner. I'm sure there will be more give his decision to run. So far I have seen:

Weiner Goes in

Premature Election

Feel free to post any you have seen here or just make some up like:

Weiner spanked - for when he loses the primary

Weiner goes limp - for when his campaign donations are down

There has to be a million of 'em.

3.5 million, to be precise.

I don't think Weiner will win but if Mark Sanford can get elected anybody can.

In my view there is a pretty big difference between the instances of Weiner and Sanford. In Sanford's case, as clumsy as it unfolded, he cheated on a woman he loved, one who he is engaged to. For him, it was a situation of betrayal for love. In Weiner's case, he was texting photos of his body parts to women he didn't know. His situation was more of a perverted nature. Sanford did something that is becoming more and more socially "acceptable", which is he simply cheated. What weiner did on the other hand was just creepy. Your regular run of the mill sort of cheating can be overcome more easily than creepy texting of body parts to unknown women. Edited by Magox

I don't think Weiner will win but if Mark Sanford can get elected anybody can.

Hey, you know, in the past two weeks I've been on here a lot since I've been home from work recovering from surgery. I've learned some things that have turned everything I was ever taught in my past 36 years of life on it's head.

I've learned that consensus isn't science

Correlation isn't causation

The government is running an extortion racket to pay for the inexhaustible resources ...that it doesn't have

The Earth's orbit doesn't change over time

Tom lives in a hospital

If all this can be true, Weiner could win the election.

In my view there is a pretty big difference between the instances of Weiner and Sanford. In Sanford's case, as clumsy as it unfolded, he cheated on a woman he loved, one who he is engaged to. For him, it was a situation of betrayal for love. In Weiner's case, he was texting photos of his body parts to women he didn't know. His situation was more of a perverted nature. Sanford did something that is becoming more and more socially "acceptable", which is he simply cheated. What weiner did on the other hand was simply creepy. Your regular run of the mill sort of cheating can be overcome more easily than creepy texting of body parts to unknown women.

Who's family is together and who's family is broken? who went missing from the duties of his office without notice or way to contact? yeah I also think there's a difference I think what Sanford did is worse.

In my view there is a pretty big difference between the instances of Weiner and Sanford. In Sanford's case, as clumsy as it unfolded, he cheated on a woman he loved, one who he is engaged to. For him, it was a situation of betrayal for love. In Weiner's case, he was texting photos of his body parts to women he didn't know. His situation was more of a perverted nature. Sanford did something that is becoming more and more socially "acceptable", which is he simply cheated. What weiner did on the other hand was just creepy. Your regular run of the mill sort of cheating can be overcome more easily than creepy texting of body parts to unknown women.

I agree for the most part. But I would add, that probably in this specific instance, with the bizarre unfolding of Sanford's story ... they're pretty close. I think it comes down to basically how these guys look. Sanford looks like someone who was probably acting out of character at least on some level during his weird disappearance while cheating. Weiner looks like someone who could easily text his penis at any moment.

Edited by SameOldBills

Who's family is together and who's family is broken? who went missing from the duties of his office without notice or way to contact? yeah I also think there's a difference I think what Sanford did is worse.

I think you are missing the point. I'm not personally judging who is more in the right, I am making more of an argument of what is and isn't socially acceptable. Sanford did what many have done, which is he simply cheated. Weiner texted photos of pee pee to unknown women. That's just viewed as creepy. The general public is more sympathetic with your run of the mill infidelity as opposed to a dude that texts photos of his schlong to unknown women half his age. If you don't recognize the difference, then I don't know what to tell ya. In any case, I'm pretty certain my view is more in line with what most people think.

Edited by Magox

I think you are missing the point. I'm not personally judging who is more in the right, I am making more of an argument of what is and isn't socially acceptable. Sanford did what many have done, which is he simply cheated. Weiner texted photos of pee pee to unknown women. That's just viewed as creepy. The general public is more sympathetic with your run of the mill infidelity as opposed to a dude that texts photos of his schlong to unknown women half his age. If you don't recognize the difference, then I guess we really don't have much more to say on the topic.

Thing is most people don't see Sanford's story as run of the mill. It was pretty over the top stuff and the penis text is pretty trivial. With that said....the penis text is obviously creepy and Weiner looks like a creep and his name is Weiner...

Hey, you know, in the past two weeks I've been on here a lot since I've been home from work recovering from surgery. I've learned some things that have turned everything I was ever taught in my past 36 years of life on it's head.

I've learned that consensus isn't science

Correlation isn't causation

The government is running an extortion racket to pay for the inexhaustible resources ...that it doesn't have

The Earth's orbit doesn't change over time

Tom lives in a hospital

If all this can be true, Weiner could win the election.

Don't worry, it'll come to you in time. From what I've heard, it takes awhile to come back from a lobotomy.

I think you are missing the point. I'm not personally judging who is more in the right, I am making more of an argument of what is and isn't socially acceptable. Sanford did what many have done, which is he simply cheated. Weiner texted photos of pee pee to unknown women. That's just viewed as creepy. The general public is more sympathetic with your run of the mill infidelity as opposed to a dude that texts photos of his schlong to unknown women half his age. If you don't recognize the difference, then I don't know what to tell ya. In any case, I'm pretty certain my view is more in line with what most people think.

Really? I think I might be in trouble...

Don't worry, it'll come to you in time. From what I've heard, it takes awhile to come back from a lobotomy.

ACL surgery. But yeah, after reading half the **** you guys seem to post on a daily basis, it kind of feels like I just had one.

Really? I think I might be in trouble...

ACL surgery. But yeah, after reading half the **** you guys seem to post on a daily basis, it kind of feels like I just had one.

That comes from the sensation of everything going over your head.

That probably speaks more to the character & strength of their respective spouses, not of the men.