Mayor Bloomberg: Anthony Weiner's sexting is ''unimportant

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I think the fact that that's the question of the day ... there's got to be more important things than who runs or his history. We have major problems facing this city. Maybe that's what you should be focusing on,” Bloomberg said, per the Post.

He called Weiner’s past “irrelevant” to the race and insisted reporters should be questioning him on policy issues that are crucial to the future of the city.

"I haven't seen one article talking about Anthony Weiner's views on mass transit, like you talked about earlier, or anything else," Bloomberg said. "They're all talking about something that is totally irrelevant to the problems of the city."

Seems about right to me...to be honest...

Uhhhhhh.................................I would say it's fair to say that texting a picture of your genitals to a young woman when you are married calls your judgement into question.

Edited by B-Man

Sexual harassment of women while being on the taxpayer's time is "irrelevant". I guess that the women were "asking for it".

I read that as him saying they are irrelevant to the problems facing the city. As to the penis text he says there are more important things to talk about...like the problems facing the city. I would pretty much agree w/ that...

I read that as him saying they are irrelevant to the problems facing the city. As to the penis text he says there are more important things to talk about...like the problems facing the city. I would pretty much agree w/ that...

Yes, they are irrelevant if you're talking about a random married guy who texted his weiner to a woman. It's totally relevant when that guy wants to be the Mayor of the biggest city in the US.

Talk about a no win for NYC. Finally getting rid of Napoleon, only to face the prospect of Weiner replacing him. It's embarrassing that nobody qualified wants the job.

In a vacuum, they are irrelevant. However it does speak to the character of the person. I mean, there are some awfully embarrassing pictures of the guy, sexting photos to this young student. And I believe it wasn't just a singular case, that there were multiple times to multiple people in which this happened. I think it's a valid question to ask, "Is he the best person to advocate the polices I support?"

Edited by Magox

In a vacuum, they are irrelevant. However it does speak to the character of the person. I mean, there are some awfully embarrassing pictures of the guy, sexting photos to this young student. And I believe it wasn't just a singular case, that there were multiple times to multiple people in which this happened. I think it's a valid question to ask, "Is he the best person to advocate the polices I support?"

It speaks to more than just character. It speaks to judgement and sound reasoning. Can anyone really say that they want someone in a position of power with such an absolute lack of both crucial leadership skills?

It speaks to more than just character. It speaks to judgement and sound reasoning. Can anyone really say that they want someone in a position of power with such an absolute lack of both crucial leadership skills?

I don't know, Bill Clinton got a blow job at the oval office, and he was widely viewed as an effective president.

Having said that, Wiener certainly is no Bill Clinton.

In fairness to Weiner he may well have had the judgment and reasoning to have identified that as something not to do and just been completely out of control anyway...hehe

Sexting the pictures of his weiner means nothing as to the problems facing the city EXCEPT his numerous instances of doing so show what poor judgement he has. Why would anyone want someone with such poor judgement running NYC?

In fairness to Weiner he may well have had the judgment and reasoning to have identified that as something not to do and just been completely out of control anyway...hehe

Much has been made of "character" and "judgment" in this thread, yet you are saying other things are also important, or even more important.

Therefore, it should be on you to define the "test", "standard", whatever that proves to those with these concerns that weiner has learned his lesson. If you pick fair one, then I am sure these guys, some of whom live or work in NYC, would be willing to go along with it.

Then, it's merely a matter of seeing whether weiner measures up.

Uhhhhhh.................................I would say it's fair to say that texting a picture of your genitals to a young woman when you are married calls your judgement into question.

and Stupid. When doing something senative/potentially embrassing, or possible incriminating, why would someone be dumb enough to do it in e-mail or text message?

He's obviously a nitwit, so you have to ask if you don't consider the consquenses of actions in personal matters, do you when you vote for legislation?