TKO on the market

my 'mommie's place' does not have a basement.

I also would like to state i think Spikes is a very classy, hard nosed guy, who brought it every play.

Oh no question about that. And...from the limited air time I've seen of Takeo on the network....I believe he has a promising future in communications.

Listening to his analysis on the network a few weeks back was just plain solid and refreshing. He sounded GREAT IMHO.

Hard not to love the guy.

jb

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back Cowart?

Whats Keith Goganious doing these days? I mean, while we are just starting new posts about old posts, and rehasing it...

Anyway, as was mentioned a million times... Spikes is old but his tank ain't empty.

Terrible. Idea. Why would you sign someone who will literally do more harm than good and eat up cap space. I hate the posts that always ask about scraping the bottom of the barrel....you want to know why an offseason becomes terrible? It's because of signings like this one

Terrible. Idea. Why would you sign someone who will literally do more harm than good and eat up cap space. I hate the posts that always ask about scraping the bottom of the barrel....you want to know why an offseason becomes terrible? It's because of signings like this one

Who are we using our cap space on again? How would TKO hurt our team with a one year deal? How would signing a proven good linebacker, even if he's a little older, when we have barely any LB starters on our roster and not enough draft picks to fill every hole we have, be a bad thing?

In short, no one, it wouldn't, and it isn't.

Who are we using our cap space on again? How would TKO hurt our team with a one year deal? How would signing a proven good linebacker, even if he's a little older, when we have barely any LB starters on our roster and not enough draft picks to fill every hole we have, be a bad thing?

In short, no one, it wouldn't, and it isn't.

Manny Lawson and Bradham are both capable starters. Sheppard has some talent that Pettine could work with. I just don't see spikes as an upgrade at age 36. I'd rather use that cap space to work on Byrd or perhaps extending eric wood

1 year 2.5 million would be perfect.......

for him it would, as it would be like 2.5 times as much as any other team would offer - and even then, it would be only because thats the vet minimum.

Manny Lawson and Bradham are both capable starters. Sheppard has some talent that Pettine could work with. I just don't see spikes as an upgrade at age 36. I'd rather use that cap space to work on Byrd or perhaps extending eric wood

do you ever get the feeling that a lot of posters spend their next paycheck before it ever even hits their bank account?

do you ever get the feeling that a lot of posters spend their next paycheck before it ever even hits their bank account?

I once worked at a company where accounting had gotten into the habit of giving 'payroll advances' to employees. It was unreal to me how many people availed themselves to the unofficial service (and how often some of the did so). And these were white collar employees making decent salaries, with benies, etc.

I see Spikes as more of a leader than anyone else on our defense. A leader doesn't have to be the best player, they make the players around them better. And to be honest, it would've been less of a waste than Kolb if it was just a one year deal. Could still work something out when TKO's contract is up. I haven't seen any of our LB's show anything hinting at capable, except for Lawson. Depth is important as well. If we aren't gonna sign anyone else in the FA, like a WR, we need to sign someone. We do not have enough draft picks to fill our holes with reasonable depth and capable starters. It's not possible. Especially the way the Bills draft. We may get only 1 starter this year, but have 4 QB's eating up our cap. That's stupid.

I see Spikes as more of a leader than anyone else on our defense. A leader doesn't have to be the best player, they make the players around them better. And to be honest, it would've been less of a waste than Kolb if it was just a one year deal. Could still work something out when TKO's contract is up. I haven't seen any of our LB's show anything hinting at capable, except for Lawson. Depth is important as well. If we aren't gonna sign anyone else in the FA, like a WR, we need to sign someone. We do not have enough draft picks to fill our holes with reasonable depth and capable starters. It's not possible. Especially the way the Bills draft. We may get only 1 starter this year, but have 4 QB's eating up our cap. That's stupid.

When was the last time you watch Spikes play? Honestly.

If we are going to pick up an aging LB, Bart Scott makes much more sense that TKO

When was the last time you watch Spikes play? Honestly.

If we are going to pick up an aging LB, Bart Scott makes much more sense that TKO

I actually can only remember the Brady blindside forced fumble, take that anyway you want.

• 1 month later...