[closed]Anyone in favor of a 5th or 6th rd. surprise?

Marcus Lattimore.

He won't play this year no matter who picks him up. He'll need at least a year to get back to where he wss.

But, with Fredex and Choice getting long in the tooth, Lattimore could be a dynamic addition in 2014 (CJ's contract year if not locked up before) and not the major gamble McGahee was. If he flops, so what? Low risk, high reward.

I would take him in the fourth for sure. Fifth i would run to the podium.

The kid will bounce back from the injury and have some good years in the league. Will he be the next A.P.? Probably not, which is a shame because before the injuries he had the talent to be. Two injuries to the same knee will take its toll at some point.

I would start considering him in round 3. He is a great talent, but there is risk that he will never recover fully. In the 3rd round, the probability of finding a long-term starter is sufficiently low that I'd strongly consider taking a shot at him there. You have to love his work ethic and attitude.

yes. exactly. cant afford the pick this year

Poor kid can't catch a break. I've seen two of Lattimore's college seasons end with grotesque on-field injury. That's plenty proof for me that he shouldn't be drafted at all.

Bring him in. Work him out. If all goes well you can invite him to camp. Beyond that, no guarantees.

Edited by #34fan

The thread on him earlier this week wasnt too kind to this idea.

Nor do I think he lasts til the 6th... I'm guessing like 3rd/4th

I'd guess in between... 5th round.

No for the Bills however. How many times can they draft a running back when they are set at the position? Have Henry- draft McGahee. Have McGahee- draft Lynch. Have Lynch (and Jackson)- draft Spiller. Have Spiller (and Jackson)- draft Lattimore? Come on.

I'd guess in between... 5th round.

No for the Bills however. How many times can they draft a running back when they are set at the position? Have Henry- draft McGahee. Have McGahee- draft Lynch. Have Lynch (and Jackson)- draft Spiller. Have Spiller (and Jackson)- draft Lattimore? Come on.

Totally different situations

Gotta take him if he's there in the fourth or later. The kid is a supreme talent.

Fred is getting close to the end. Lattimore sits out this year and by 2014 you have Fred's successor who also happens to be a top 10 talent pre-injury.

Edited by FluffHead

Gotta take him if he's there in the fourth or later. The kid is a supreme talent.

Fred is getting close to the end. Lattimore sits out this year and by 2014 you have Fred's successor who also happens to be a top 10 talent pre-injury.

I agree. The Bills are not just playing for this year - they're building a team to compete for years. Everyone is quick to say how stacked Buffalo is at RB. Sure, we have Spiller (who I love, but who has never carried the load for a full season), Fred (who is coming off an injury, and who has been more prone to injuries these past 2 seasons) whose last year could come at any time, and Choice - who wasn't too inspiring during his shots last year. Now, as I was saying, as soon as next year we might be looking for a replacement for Freddy. And, as far as our being stacked at the RB spot - imagine if we passed on Lattimore in, say, the 4th round, and then Spiller gets badly hurt in the 3rd or 4th game of this year, and Fred struggles.

My point, I guess, is that if you get a shot at drafting a top talent, and you're Buffalo - and it's a later round draft choice, you don't pass it up because you don't necessarily NEED the guy today, ignoring the fact that you might need that guy next year, when, BTW, if healthy, he'd be a 1st or 2nd rounder.