Trade FJAX for extra picks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for serius? seriusly?

- Fred is old coming off an injury.....aka we would get maybe a 5th for him at best

- He is worth more to us then he would be for a draft pick

- Yes lets create a hole where none exists

I swear to christ there needs to be a manditory minimum amount of posts here before u are able to create one

I love how everyone on here acts like the other 31 teams are just rubes waiting to be taken at every opportunity. Fred Jackson has a lot more value to this team than he does any other. Nobody is trading for an RB with as much mileage on him as Fred. It's just not happening. RBs have become a dime a dozen in this league. Even tough over-achieving ones like Jackson.

A team like the Packers should try for FJax. He'd be a beast. But 30+ yo rbs who are struggling to stay healthy aren't bringing much, if anything, in return. I'd rather keep FJax than pick up a 7th rounder.

this. With his health over the past 3 years and his aging 30+ year old legs, the best we could hope for is a 4th and that would be the Verrry best by a team making a SuperBowl run at week 6 that just lost their RB for the rest of the year. IF Freddy isn't already injured by then that is.

Haven't seen one of these threads in a few weeks. Fred has almost no trade value, he'll be almost 33 during the season next year and can't stay healthy. We wouldn't get a 7th rounder next year for him. Especially after he just signed an extension and is getting paid more than another team will think he's worth

So, he'll be 32?

Fred Jackson just isn't worth anything. Getting up there in age, 2 seasons ended with injury or injury plagued. He isn't costing us a lot. Rather have a leader and someone who is an extremely good back up than at best a 5th round pick. He is probably going to retire a Bill and i'm fine with that.

Fred Jackson just isn't worth anything. Getting up there in age, 2 seasons ended with injury or injury plagued. He isn't costing us a lot. Rather have a leader and someone who is an extremely good back up than at best a 5th round pick. He is probably going to retire a Bill and i'm fine with that.

right on everything except its the last 3 seasons, not 2.

I think Fred's highest value is to this team this season. CJ is great, but RBs who are healthy enough to start every game don't even do it year after year any more. It's a freak occurrence. If you trade Fred you need to invest in another RB before the season starts. Who would that be?

Yes, let's trade one of the better players on this roster for a mid-to-late round draft choice who will be cut at the end of camp anyhow. Brilliant! What are we, the Kansas City Royals? One of your own blossoms into a solid performer, and you trade the player to the Yankees for a AA shortstop who's batting .220. Honestly, I'm sick of watching ex-Bills succeed elsewhere whilst this team is out of playoff contention by Halloween.

for serius? seriusly?

- Fred is old coming off an injury.....aka we would get maybe a 5th for him at best

- He is worth more to us then he would be for a draft pick

- Yes lets create a hole where none exists

I swear to christ there needs to be a manditory minimum amount of posts here before u are able to create one

If that's your view then a spelling test should also be included.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. :bag: )

A team like the Packers should try for FJax. He'd be a beast. But 30+ yo rbs who are struggling to stay healthy aren't bringing much, if anything, in return. I'd rather keep FJax than pick up a 7th rounder.

The best part is it would cost a 3rd to replace his production...if we are lucky

For extra picks does the title say?

I love FredEx. but as others have said the Bills would be lucky to get a 7th for him, much less more than one pick.

This year we should see if Spiller can be an every down back. I doubt he can physically hold up the entire season, so the Bills will need Fred to step in when Spiller can't go.

Plus the Bills will need someone to get the tough 3rd and 1 or 2 yards up the middle and that certainly is not Spiller in my opinion.

In short, FredEx has infinitely more value to the Bills than they could ever get in trade for him.

At this point in his career, he has more value to us than a 6th or 7th round pick does.

I see what your saying, with regards to backups being a dime a dozen, but we got a damn good one. A 6th rounder doesnt make us that much better

Yeah, I agree. What did we get for Lynch? A 4th or 5th rounder? At his age, Freddy would bring even less. And there aren't many 7th rounders who would mean as much to this club as Freddy does.