RIP (Baroness) Margaret Thatcher

Beerball

No disrespect to the dead but she was a horrible leader and person (ask the Irish how they liked her).

:lol: Yeah, a terrorist group blew up **** while she was PM, so she must have been a horrible leader :rolleyes:

Fact is that the UK was in big trouble in 1978, but she came in and was a huge part of turning it around.

No disrespect to the dead but she was a horrible leader and person (ask the Irish how they liked her).

No disrespect to the living, but you don't have a clue.

But I'd love to hear about your personal experiences with her. You must have known her quite well to conclude she was a horrible person. :rolleyes:

No disrespect to the living, but you don't have a clue.

But I'd love to hear about your personal experiences with her. You must have known her quite well to conclude she was a horrible person. :rolleyes:

+1

Every time I see this thread I do a double take because one of my favorite bands (Baroness) was just in a nasty bus crash in Germany, a couple of people were seriously injured including the band members.

Luckily, they are ok.

So I leave you with this.Enjoy...

Every time I see this thread I do a double take because one of my favorite bands (Baroness) was just in a nasty bus crash in Germany, a couple of people were seriously injured including the band members.

Luckily, they are ok.

So I leave you with this.Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=905Kzhbzz0Y

I have no real opinion Thatcher (although in the 80s there was a mini industry of British bands protesting her leadership that I quite enjoy....so thanks for Billy Bragg albums, I guess) but I also assumed this thread had something to do with Baroness when I clicked on it.

Moral: I agree, Baroness is awesome.

I have no real opinion Thatcher (although in the 80s there was a mini industry of British bands protesting her leadership that I quite enjoy....so thanks for Billy Bragg albums, I guess) but I also assumed this thread had something to do with Baroness when I clicked on it.

Moral: I agree, Baroness is awesome.

Astrojanitor likes them = taste in music validated! :thumbsup:

Very excited for their upcoming tour starting in late-May. Gonna catch them in Atlanta on 5/29.

Edited by DrDareustein

Look at the people who didn't like her;

Most of them were not even born when she was PM, most of them are sucking on the Social Programs that she did her best to limit, or end because they were economically unsustainable, most of them have no interest in working to support themselves.

She was a Leader when the Country most needed a Leader.

Look at the people who didn't like her;

Most of them were not even born when she was PM, most of them are sucking on the Social Programs that she did her best to limit, or end because they were economically unsustainable, most of them have no interest in working to support themselves.

She was a Leader when the Country most needed a Leader.

Exactly. She was a true conservative. It's too bad the Republicans can't find someone who can hammer her message of limiting un-economical social programs into the public's heads.