Bills at Vikings (2010)

As much as everybody is either happy or fed up with our quarterback situation with the signing of Kevin Kolb, I can't help but remember us knocking out Brett Favre from the NFL and Tavaris Jackson coming in and absolutely destroying our defense.

Discuss.

P.S. I understand it was OUR defense but it is still an NFL defense and he absolutely made us look silly out there.

P.S.S. We were also in charge of that game prior to him coming in.

It often happens that a backup can come in on injury relief duty and light things up because the team has game-planned for a starter with different talents.

The difference between Favre and Jackson is greater than that between night and day. To judge a player as a starter, you have to look at what he has done when starting games.

Also, if you're evaluating any player based on his performance against the Bills, you may as well use Madden ratings and save yourself the time looking at tape.

I was at that game...what a joke.

Went with a friend of mine who is a Viking fan, and in typical Bills fashion I had a moment of being on top of the mountain when Moats blew up Favre giving my bud the business, only to have T-Jack come in and he and Peterson tore up our defense. If I had to hear the "Skol Vikings" song one more time I was going to puke, with my friend chanting in my face and saying I should know the words by their 3rd or 4th score.

McKelvin was a turnover machine fielding punts and I think he had coverage on two of the TD passes with Donte coming over late (as usual) - they were awful.

All that being said, every Viking fan knows that T-Jack had either great games or terrible games, but he could never string the good games together, that and the Bills defense was and has been no great shakes for years.

Edited by ColdBlueNorth

I was at that game...what a joke.

Went with a friend of mine who is a Viking fan, and in typical Bills fashion I had a moment of being on top of the mountain when Moats blew up Favre giving my bud the business, only to have T-Jack come in and he and Peterson tore up our defense. If I had to hear the "Skol Vikings" song one more time I was going to puke, with my friend chanting in my face and saying I should know the words by their 3rd or 4th score.

McKelvin was a turnover machine fielding punts and I think he had coverage on two of the TD passes with Donte coming over late (as usual) - they were awful.

All that being said, every Viking fan knows that T-Jack had either great games or terrible games, but he could never string the good games together, that and the Bills defense was and has been no great shakes for years.

That musta sucked!

Unfortunately many of us have had horrid experiences supporting the Bills in hostile stadiums.

As I recall, he threw multiple picks and had a throw where McKelvin was in perfect position for another but Rice(?) went right over his back for the TD. The Bills could not block Jared Allen and the Bills 2nd and 3rd choices at center had problems executing snaps. That was an ugly game.

As much as everybody is either happy or fed up with our quarterback situation with the signing of Kevin Kolb, I can't help but remember us knocking out Brett Favre from the NFL and Tavaris Jackson coming in and absolutely destroying our defense.

Discuss.

P.S. I understand it was OUR defense but it is still an NFL defense and he absolutely made us look silly out there.

P.S.S. We were also in charge of that game prior to him coming in.

Last game there before the roof collapse?

Edited by CowgirlsFan

TJax will be our starting QB this season. Unless whatever rookie we take lights it up at camp.

I don't see how he beats out Kolb. TJ will once again be our 3rd string QB or cut in training camp (if the Bills take 2 QBs in the draft)

i was thinking of giving coldblue the nelson ha-ha but really what more can i do

oh wth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

It was definitely one of those moments I guess we all have had with this team, and as another poster mentioned it was a game where we already had Wood out, then I think Urbik who was filling in got dinged and I believe Levitre ended up playing center. I would have to go back and do a bit a research to be sure and I am not inspired to do that.

Whatever the personnel grouping was, that o-line was in a shambles and Jared Allen had a field day out there padding his stats.

Edited by ColdBlueNorth