Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

The bombing MA idea doesn't seem as funny now, time to grow up Stevie.

Regardless, wishing harm on anyone / anywhere especially in the continental US is crazy. People forgot that we were attacked by people that hate us, that can happen anywhere at anytime. Stevie's comments show his immaturity & his complete lack of what can happen, I just as soon trade him now because he's just clueless & will never get it. The joker stunt thingy he pulled was just a sign of his inability to have good taste, he lost me as a fan.

He wasn't wishing harm on anyone, it was a joke.

You have the right to be offended if you want to, and you also have the right not to let his tweet or his t-shirt displays bother you. That's a personal choice.

I would wager that Stevie would never have made his tweet if he knew something like this was going to happen; he's not a bad person, just a jokester.

I'll say again: nobody can make anyone else feel offended without their permission.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't wishing harm on anyone, it was a joke.

You have the right to be offended if you want to, and you also have the right not to let his tweet or his t-shirt displays bother you. That's a personal choice.

I would wager that Stevie would never have made his tweet if he knew something like this was going to happen; he's not a bad person, just a jokester.

I'll say again: nobody can make anyone else feel offended without their permission.

I'm more embarrassed than offended, Jhanley2020 on another site are used twitter to tell a Boston radio DJ to ST** when the DJ called everyone a Patriot, JH signed it BillsMafia. This type of behavior makes us look even more classless, then you wonder why we lose all the time.

I'm more embarrassed than offended, Jhanley2020 on another site are used twitter to tell a Boston radio DJ to ST** when the DJ called everyone a Patriot, JH signed it BillsMafia. This type of behavior makes us look even more classless, then you wonder why we lose all the time.

I'm confused.

First you said that Stevie's joke shouldn't seem funny any more because of yesterday's occurrence.

Then you said that Stevie lost you as a fan because of his "Why So Serious" T-shirt message, which was somehow in poor taste (I'm not sure I understand why you think so).

Now you seem to be saying that a single fan's response on twitter is making you embarrassed to be a Bills' fan, and that this one fan's behavior is an example of why the team loses (it isn't).

What, exactly, is your bone of contention here? It seems that you don't like the way one or two people conduct themselves on twitter...my advice to you is to stop following those people, or just ignore them.

I don't let anyone else's actions cause me to feel embarrassment. If others are going to judge me based upon what someone else does, then that person's opinion is not worth considering.

I'm confused.

First you said that Stevie's joke shouldn't seem funny any more because of yesterday's occurrence.

Then you said that Stevie lost you as a fan because of his "Why So Serious" T-shirt message, which was somehow in poor taste (I'm not sure I understand why you think so).

Now you seem to be saying that a single fan's response on twitter is making you embarrassed to be a Bills' fan, and that this one fan's behavior is an example of why the team loses (it isn't).

What, exactly, is your bone of contention here? It seems that you don't like the way one or two people conduct themselves on twitter...my advice to you is to stop following those people, or just ignore them.

I don't let anyone else's actions cause me to feel embarrassment. If others are going to judge me based upon what someone else does, then that person's opinion is not worth considering.

But if he lays off twitter where will he go to fuel his need for self-righteous, indignation? And without a steady diet of manufactured moral outrage, how will he continue to feel superior to you, me, all citizens of Buffalo and the twittersphere?

Just another reason I can't stand this Bills Mafia moniker. Douche's use it at the end of their douchey tweets and all Bills fans look like douche's.

Just another reason I can't stand this Bills Mafia moniker. Douche's use it at the end of their douchey tweets and all Bills fans look like douche's.

Really? Of all the things that this organization has done in the past 50 years, this is the one that does it?

Sorry, but no.

Every fan of every team not in Buffalo look like douches to Buffalo fans. It's the nature of sports. And Buffalo fans look like douches to Jets fans and Dolphins fans. If you think one guy's stupid tweet casts a negative light, that otherwise wouldn't be present, you're acting delusional. Remember when the Pats fans were making fun of Torrey Smith's dead brother? How come they don't lose all the time?

This type of mentality is why I left the Buffalo area, clueless humps permeate WNY. Call over to Boston & see if this was cute or funny. What if the Pats players wished harm on Buffalo & then a bomb went off downtown? Would you still consider it funny before or after people died or were injured ? It's not innocent fun, it's vulgar & classless.

You obviously have no children, that shows up real quick. Right past your inability to write past a 7th grade level.

Real forward thinking lumping an entire area into a group. PErhaps, it's just the douchebags you associated with.

Actually, if you knew what he said, he was protecting people. ;) He said he doesn't want an attack but IF THEY DID, Foxborough should be the place. So the joke he made wasn't about hurting people even if you took it literally, in which case you're a fool. It was about if there was going to be an attack, this should be the place. There are only about 17,000 people there total. It's in between two larger metropolitan areas but mostly in the boonies. Stevie was saving thousands of lives!

I always assumed it was a talent coaching thing. It is good to know that fan tweets are responsible.

This type of mentality is why I left the Buffalo area, clueless humps permeate WNY. Call over to Boston & see if this was cute or funny. What if the Pats players wished harm on Buffalo & then a bomb went off downtown? Would you still consider it funny before or after people died or were injured ? It's not innocent fun, it's vulgar & classless.

You obviously have no children, that shows up real quick. Right past your inability to write past a 7th grade level.

Hindsight is 20/20. I don't even live in Buffalo, so let's take it easy with the assumptions. How do you know I don't have children?

I said there's nothing wrong with and obviously it's not funny now after the tragedy, but this isn't Stevie's fault and I'm sure he feels bad, but it was an unlucky coincidence. Stevie didn't retweet it this afternoon, he made the joke 2 weeks ago. Unless you think he was in on the attack, you have absolutely no reason to be mad at him for this.

I had close friends and many acquaintances in that race. Some of them missed the explosion by a half hour. Some of them were on the other side of the street. And I was scared for a bit. Yet, someway, somehow, I'm not freaking out over SJ's tweet from 2 weeks ago.

You really are on a pedestal though, huh? Do you think he tweeted this today? I also would like to ask what makes you such a saint? Have you never said anything you regretted because the circumstances changed?

The joke was funny two weeks ago. After an unrelated bombing in Boston, it probably isn't that funny. But Stevie is blameless. Is every comedian under flack when they make a rape joke and then someone, somewhere gets raped? Or what about any joke/hypothetical scenario? Should we never say anything "just in case" it happens?

I'm sorry murray, but if you aren't a Bills fan after a couple of idiotic tweets, then good riddance.

The tweet was dumb. It was neither funny nor offensive. Yesterday was tragic, Stevie had nothing to do with it. He's had lots of receiving yards the past few years, but they haven't translated to wins. He's really good at getting open, yes yes yes.

Can we at least all agree the guy is a bit of a bozo every once in awhile, and leave it at that?

The tweet was dumb. It was neither funny nor offensive. Yesterday was tragic, Stevie had nothing to do with it. He's had lots of receiving yards the past few years, but they haven't translated to wins. He's really good at getting open, yes yes yes.

Can we at least all agree the guy is a bit of a bozo every once in awhile, and leave it at that?

Most of us thought we had...

The bombing MA idea doesn't seem as funny now, time to grow up Stevie.

Regardless, wishing harm on anyone / anywhere especially in the continental US is crazy. People forgot that we were attacked by people that hate us, that can happen anywhere at anytime. Stevie's comments show his immaturity & his complete lack of what can happen, I just as soon trade him now because he's just clueless & will never get it. The joker stunt thingy he pulled was just a sign of his inability to have good taste, he lost me as a fan.

Were you saying this at the time or is your outrage a product of hindsight? Thanks, though, for reminding me that my misanthropy is justified.

Were you saying this at the time or is your outrage a product of hindsight? Thanks, though, for reminding me that my misanthropy is justified.

SJ is what he is. Call it being a "bozo" or a less flattering term if you like. He seemingly has not learned much from his antics in the past and I do not expect this to have much impact on him either. Unless there is an impact from Marrones foot on SJs ass that changes SJs behavior.

SJ is what he is. Call it being a "bozo" or a less flattering term if you like. He seemingly has not learned much from his antics in the past and I do not expect this to have much impact on him either. Unless there is an impact from Marrones foot on SJs ass that changes SJs behavior.

Personally, I've never been remotely offended by any of his so-called antics. I actually get a kick out of how upset the up-tight, military-style, "get off my lawn" types get over it.