Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

I still think the Bills should take Nassib over the other qbs in this class, but Im wondering if any if these qbs really are top 10 material. it just seems like there are too many question marks to take any qb from this class at 8. As much as I support taking Nassib over any of the other top qbs in this draft I think any type of option to trade down in the draft would be ideal.

If the Bills reach and pick a qb at 8 overall and he winds up being a franchise QB, then we will all obviously be happy. But if the Bills drafted any one of the top 3 qbs in this class at number 8, and they bust, it will hurt. We will look back on it for years and talk about what a mistake it was, the signs were there that these guys sucked, and the front office sucks, and we could have made a more conservative choice on a player at a different position who is currently starting somewhere else in the league. If we trade down in draft, and draft one of these qbs at lets say 20, and the qb busts, it will hurt alot less because it was not as risky, and more importantly we added value to the draft by collecting more picks. Next year, we wont look back on this draft and curse the Bills for reaching at 8 just to get a qb in 2013.

That said, I dont care if we get our franchise qb at 8, 20, or the 6th round. I just want one. But I think the smart choice this year is to trade down.

Edited by Bills4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your entire argument is asinine.

Brady is arguably one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. Stop trying to diminish that because he's been beating us like a tied up mule for years.

I'm not sure that you read my post. If you had, you would have known that nothing that I mentioned trivialized his accomplishments or greatness as an NFL QB.

Maybe you should give it another try instead of replying for the sake of replying. You just end up loud and wrong.

Back on topic - for some reason I was under the impression that Nassib was more athletic that he actually is. I don't think he's slow. Doesn't seem very agile or evasive, but not "slow." He appears to have a gun for an arm, but doesn't have very good touch on the ball. He seems to have that Jake Plummer problem of throwing floaters when he should throw a dart, and throwing darts when he should put a little air under it.

Not sold on him personally - not even in the 2nd. I think there are a few other project QBs with higher ceiling potential that can be had in the second or third round. I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley slipped to #41 at this point...

Edited by Juror#8

People see what they want to see. Having watched Nassib develop and seeing most of his games at Syracuse I think he's going to develop into a solid starting NFL QB. He has all the physical measurables. What seperates the college QB's from the pro QB's are things like intelligence, work ethic, ability to pull the trigger and perhaps most importantly, the willingless to throw WR's open. Nassib has all of those attributes.

I don't know if the Bills will pick him or not but I firmly believe that if he's there, and we pass on him, someday we might just regret it.

Nassib was reserved & intelligent, also praised by Chucky. Does anyone actually listen when things are being said ?

Everybody on the show gets praised by Gruden, again, if they weren't nobody would go near the studio before the draft.

People see what they want to see. Having watched Nassib develop and seeing most of his games at Syracuse I think he's going to develop into a solid starting NFL QB. He has all the physical measurables. What seperates the college QB's from the pro QB's are things like intelligence, work ethic, ability to pull the trigger and perhaps most importantly, the willingless to throw WR's open. Nassib has all of those attributes.

I don't know if the Bills will pick him or not but I firmly believe that if he's there, and we pass on him, someday we might just regret it.

This cannot happen! we cannot let this guy slip through our fingers!! Ryan Nassib could be the last chance RW has to go out on top!!!

The football Gods have toyed with the Buffalo Bills for long enough!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

(What a great post, thank you Mike in Syracuse)

Edited by dog14787

Not that Gruden's camp is the be all and end all, but it's just one more tidbit to add to the pile. Anyone that watched it and didn't come away somewhat comfortable that Nassib has "it", has a whole other perception of what an NFL QB is. Gruden was blown away with Nassib's ability to read and go through as many as 5 progressions in less than 3 seconds and make the play. The one's that believe that a QB has to do it with their legs and not their head must think it's a video game with joysticks and buttons. And the one's tht want to pick out a game or two that somehow shows how bad Nassib is, well, is just stupid with a capital S. Look at the body of work. If you want bad games on a QB, anyone can go through a pile of game tape and throw in any number of games that a QB looked bad.

Here's a clip from the Gruden Camp on Nassib... not much to go on but nothing that would make you believe that this kid does not have abright future in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9152175&categoryid=2378529

I said this before maybe in this post but if the Bills believe Nassib is the guy that can help turn this franchise around take him at 8.

He will not be there at 41. Manuel or Barkley wont be there either.

All I know is they better be correct in whoever they choose.

OK I done with this subject until draft day. :)

I said this before maybe in this post but if the Bills believe Nassib is the guy that can help turn this franchise around take him at 8.

He will not be there at 41. Manuel or Barkley wont be there either.

All I know is they better be correct in whoever they choose.

OK I done with this subject until draft day. :)

I'm thinking the same thing. They cannot afford to pass on a guy at 8, have someone else snag him and the guy is good. They done this too many times. It is time for them to get their QB.

Are we grading Nassib on his chair posture now SJ :lol:

Funny how two people can watch a clip and come away with totally different conclusions.

Ryan Nassib seemed confident and comfortable in his own skin to me.

Myself personally, I thought it was a fun interview to watch with all the talk about Buffalo, and watching Nassib do what he does best.

Throw long passes into tight windows...

...Yup...doggie loves him some Nassib... :nana:

Are we grading Nassib on his chair posture now SJ :lol:

Funny how two people can watch a clip and come away with totally different conclusions.

Ryan Nassib seemed confident and comfortable in his own skin to me.

Myself personally, I thought it was a fun interview to watch with all the talk about Buffalo, and watching Nassib do what he does best.

Throw long passes into tight windows...

...Yup...doggie loves him some Nassib... :nana:

I'd say comfortable in his own skin would be good characterization. And a few things I observed were that he wasn't intimidated by Gruden, he didn't dress up like a jock... he was wearing work boots, and he seemed unphased and as cool as ice. Not outgoing or introverted nor going off point or trying to mask anything. Even keeled and not offering much more than he was asked.

And, if I was to compare his demeanor in that room or cast his personality to any current NFL qbs, I'd have to say Brady or Eli. Both of those guys would have been as talkative.

I'll add that when you look at his body of work, it's solid. But, I think what a lot of pundits overlook is what I believe to be telling, and that is this kid seemed to have a light go on and reach a higher level of play over his last 7 games and finished really strong. 15 tds and one pick was impressive.

I don't know what rd. or who will draft him, but he' s a keeper.

I disagree with you guys.

I hated that he was slouching in his chair and almost mumbling his responses.

A person with self-awareness is cognizant of the ways a person might negatively view him and tries to mitigate that. Granted you could make an argument that not caring is a good character trait but I didn't like it at all. I know he's just a kid but there are really only 32 of these jobs in the world and I would want my guy to have a real bearing about himself.

I'll watch it again but I didn't like his comportment at all.

A person with self-awareness is cognizant of the ways a person might negatively view him and tries to mitigate that. Granted you could make an argument that not caring is a good character trait but I didn't like it at all. I know he's just a kid but there are really only 32 of these jobs in the world and I would want my guy to have a real bearing about himself.

Honestly San Jose, I'm not so sure Nassib wants to stand out in a crowd right now.

You would probably agree Ryan Nassib in all likelyhood has formed a bond with Bills new HC Doug Marrone. Now with that in mind, Buffalo realizes the draft class is weak and Geno's stock is falling. This puts Nassib at greater risk of being drafted ahead of Buffalo.

I'm just saying...

Thats my spunky Jose ,I`ve been missing. You know I can`t stand the highly recruited ...ha.nASSib