Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly San Jose, I'm not so sure Nassib wants to stand out in a crowd right now.

You would probably agree Ryan Nassib in all likelyhood has formed a bond with Bills new HC Doug Marrone. Now with that in mind, Buffalo realizes the draft class is weak and Geno's stock is falling. This puts Nassib at greater risk of being drafted ahead of Buffalo.

I'm just saying...

Ah, the conspiracy theory.

I'm not buying it though, dog.

There's no reason Nassib wouldn't want to be coveted by as many teams as possible. There's no reason why he'd want to put all his eggs in one basket.

Ah, the conspiracy theory.

I'm not buying it though, dog.

There's no reason Nassib wouldn't want to be coveted by as many teams as possible. There's no reason why he'd want to put all his eggs in one basket.

Plugging the right QB/player into the right system, with the right coaching/ supporting cast is key for having success.

Everything is in place for Nassib to transition smoothly into the NFL under the Bills new regime. If Nassib knew Buffalo wanted to draft him why would Nassib want to risk going somewhere like Jacksonville?

Plugging the right QB/player into the right system, with the right coaching/ supporting cast is key for having success.

Everything is in place for Nassib to transition smoothly into the NFL under the Bills new regime. If Nassib knew Buffalo wanted to draft him why would Nassib want to risk going somewhere like Jacksonville?

More money and the belief in himself that he would be successful anywhere he went?

I disagree with you guys.

I hated that he was slouching in his chair and almost mumbling his responses.

A person with self-awareness is cognizant of the ways a person might negatively view him and tries to mitigate that. Granted you could make an argument that not caring is a good character trait but I didn't like it at all. I know he's just a kid but there are really only 32 of these jobs in the world and I would want my guy to have a real bearing about himself.

I'll watch it again but I didn't like his comportment at all.

Well, it wasn't a job interview. It's entertainment, and except for live events, there is no such thing as reality TV. It's all scripted. I'm sure Nassib has an agent and I'm sure Nassib consulted his agent and he provided his input. And, I wouldn't doubt that the agent may have had a say in what was aired. At this stage of the game, if I were an agent, I wouldn't want my client to look bad in front of a huge audience. I'd also say the 3 min. clip doesn't show Gruden wetting his pants over some of the schemes and progressions Nassib was describing on the tape. That won't make the highlight clip because there's no sizzle... just steak. Folks want to see the sizzle, not the substantive crap.

We don't know how Nassib conducts himself when he's behind closed doors being interviewed by GMs, coaches, and scouts. That stuff is confidential and it stays within those four walls. He is an academic all-american and will soon have his masters degree, so he's no slouch.

From the few years I've observed Nassib when being interviewed by the local reporters, he's always been the same... non chalant, responds to questions with short to the point answers, and doesn't offer much outside that. I don't think it's that he's uncomfortable in front of the cameras, but he certainly doesn't seek them out and doesn't really care much about attention. He's pretty bland in that regard and that's who he is.

With Nassib, there is no sizzle... just steak. For him, he'd rather show you rather than to tell you. For the folks that like entertainment and sexy, that's a problem.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

More money and the belief in himself that he would be successful anywhere he went?

If I was Nassib I would have more confidence in my ability to get the job done with a coach and system I've already succeeded under.

1st paycheck doesn't mean squat in the big picture If you crash and burn...

I disagree with you guys.

I hated that he was slouching in his chair and almost mumbling his responses.

A person with self-awareness is cognizant of the ways a person might negatively view him and tries to mitigate that. Granted you could make an argument that not caring is a good character trait but I didn't like it at all. I know he's just a kid but there are really only 32 of these jobs in the world and I would want my guy to have a real bearing about himself.

I'll watch it again but I didn't like his comportment at all.

I'm not sure I'd even care if the guy was running around yelling "Wapner" every day at 5:00 and freaking out when the bath water was too hot, as long as he can throw touchdowns.

For the folks that like entertainment and sexy, that's a problem.

I don't need entertainment and sexiness from a QB but his performance in the 3+ minute excerpt I saw was very disappointing. The guy's a QB right? He's supposed to command the huddle and the locker room? Does he always have bad posture and act like a 3rd string tight end or only when he's on TV?

I'm not sure I'd even care if the guy was running around yelling "Wapner" every day at 5:00 and freaking out when the bath water was too hot, as long as he can throw touchdowns.

Absolutely. But Nassib's complete lack of presence was startling to say the least.

He's still my 3rd QB in this class but I hope he's not the one giving the pre-game pep talks.

I don't need entertainment and sexiness from a QB but his performance in the 3+ minute excerpt I saw was very disappointing. The guy's a QB right? He's supposed to command the huddle and the locker room? Does he always have bad posture and act like a 3rd string tight end or only when he's on TV?

Absolutely. But Nassib's complete lack of presence was startling to say the least.

He's still my 3rd QB in this class but I hope he's not the one giving the pre-game pep talks.

I still need to see the entire show so I can get a better feel for the kid. My dvr tried to record it, but the hockey game ran over...I only saw the 3 min clip on ESPN, so hopefully it'll broadcast again soon.

I still need to see the entire show so I can get a better feel for the kid. My dvr tried to record it, but the hockey game ran over...I only saw the 3 min clip on ESPN, so hopefully it'll broadcast again soon.

Yeah I shouldn't really pass judgement because like I said, I only saw the excerpt and I don't watch Gruden's QB Camp so I don't know how Nassib compares to the others in that forum.

Didn't want to be so brutally tough on the kid but I was very startled by what I saw.

Honestly San Jose, I'm not so sure Nassib wants to stand out in a crowd right now.

You would probably agree Ryan Nassib in all likelyhood has formed a bond with Bills new HC Doug Marrone. Now with that in mind, Buffalo realizes the draft class is weak and Geno's stock is falling. This puts Nassib at greater risk of being drafted ahead of Buffalo.

I'm just saying...

No. He's not playing coy just to make sure he ends up in buffalo.

I'm just saying...

Balderdash, poppycock, and complete crap.

Nassib wants to fly under the radar so much that he played in the Senior Bowl, went to the combine, and worked out at his Pro Day. All so nobody could see what he had to offer and to secure his selection by the Buffalo Bills.

This is a stretch even for you, dog. Your Nassiboner has clouded your judgement.

GO BILLS!!!

As San Jose has kindly Pointed out,

dog loves a good conspiracy :flirt:

Note: Good coaches often times become more like father figures to some athletes and the bond that can develop between them can be very strong. Chan Gailey is a prime example/ NFL coach who is now sitting idle instead of preparing for the season because of his love for former Bills starting signal caller Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Edited by dog14787

Yeah I shouldn't really pass judgement because like I said, I only saw the excerpt and I don't watch Gruden's QB Camp so I don't know how Nassib compares to the others in that forum.

Didn't want to be so brutally tough on the kid but I was very startled by what I saw.

To many, how he appeared... slouched, mumbling, etc may be unsettling. Understood. But, like I said, when he's in a room with real live GMs, coaches, and scouts...people that matter, what do they think? Thats the only thing that matters. And regardless of what many of them think, positive or negative, Marrone & Hackett know better than anyone. And, Buddy has shot down the Thruway a lot over the past two years to watch Nassib. He's seen him more Nassib than any of the other QBs and probably more tham any other GM. There's a reason he kept going back to see him play.

If they draft him, its because they know what they are getting and trust him more than any other qb coming out. If they don't draft him they believe there is a better qb out there that is a better fit for them.

At the end of the day it doesn't come down to how he behaves on a tv show with Jon Gruden, Dancing with the Stars, or Swamp People. What matters is what goes on between the lines. At the end of the day does he get the job done? It doesn't matter if he's pretty or meet everyone's visual expectation.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

At the end of the day it doesn't come down to how he behaves on a tv show with Jon Gruden, Dancing with the Stars, or Swamp People. What matters is what goes on between the lines. At the end of the day does he get the job done? It doesn't matter if he's pretty or meet everyone's visual expectation.

Good post.

(BTW, what if he appeared on Pawn Stars trying to sell a 1962 Roman Gabriel rookie card wearing open-toed sandals, cut off shorts and a wife beater?)

To many, how he appeared... slouched, mumbling, etc may be unsettling. Understood. But, like I said, when he's in a room with real live GMs, coaches, and scouts...people that matter, what do they think? Thats the only thing that matters. And regardless of what many of them think, positive or negative, Marrone & Hackett know better than anyone. And, Buddy has shot down the Thruway a lot over the past two years to watch Nassib. He's seen him more Nassib than any of the other QBs and probably more tham any other GM. There's a reason he kept going back to see him play.

If they draft him, its because they know what they are getting and trust him more than any other qb coming out. If they don't draft him they believe there is a better qb out there that is a better fit for them.

Was he hit with a tranquilizing blow dart before the interview?

Edited by 1billsfan

Ryan Nassib was 2-1 last year against Geno Smith, Teddy Bridgewater (Louisville) and Matt Barkley. Geno Smith was 0-3 against Syracuse in his career.

I know win/loss record doesn't fall solely on the QB, but I think it has to be considered...

Note, I am not saying Nassib is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I think many here under-rate him. I will not be surprised if he is picked in the 1st round or early 2nd.