Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Ryan Nassib was 2-1 last year against Geno Smith, Teddy Bridgewater (Louisville) and Matt Barkley. Geno Smith was 0-3 against Syracuse in his career.

I know win/loss record doesn't fall solely on the QB, but I think it has to be considered...

Note, I am not saying Nassib is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I think many here under-rate him. I will not be surprised if he is picked in the 1st round or early 2nd.

Ryan Nassib was 0-4 last year against Trevor Siemian, Max Shortell, Gary Nova and Munchie Legaux. Doesn't that have to be considered?...lol

At the NFL level, Ryan Nassib is a slow footed, unathletic and inaccurate deep passer. If you want to see what kind of QB he will be at the next level then watch the Rutgers video...or you could just watch repeats of Ryan Fitzpatrick's 2012 season.

I can't wait for the reaction of the Nassib fans when the Bills pull a head fake and pick another QB over Nassib. I wonder if they'll start calling his four year head coach an idiot for passing him over.

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless of course it is a 4 o'clock game.

:lol:

I am not going to judge a qb off of "Gruden Camp" for Christ sake

I agree...the exception for me was Russell Wilson, though. It was clear as day after watching that show that this kid was going to be successful in the NFL. The guy is just on another level in terms of his motivation and his football smarts. It was pretty remarkable to see him discussing not only his play calling at Wisconsin, but also to go back and answer questions in detail about his offense at North Carolina.

Ryan Nassib was 0-4 last year against Trevor Siemian, Max Shortell, Gary Nova and Munchie Legaux. Doesn't that have to be considered?...lol

At the NFL level, Ryan Nassib is a slow footed, unathletic and inaccurate deep passer. If you want to see what kind of QB he will be at the next level then watch the Rutgers video...or you could just watch repeats of Ryan Fitzpatrick's 2012 season.

I can't wait for the reaction of the Nassib fans when the Bills pull a head fake and pick another QB over Nassib. I wonder if they'll start calling his four year head coach an idiot for passing him over.

:lol:

Man, where did I say in my post that the Bills must take Nassib or that I am a big Nassib fan? I am trying to be open minded about all of the QB prospects. I am looking for a glimpse of a reason that any of them might succeed at the NFL level.

I specifically said that I didn't think that Nassib was a great prospect (I don't think that any of the QBs this year are). FWIW, I agree that he doesn't have great athleticism (neither do many of the top QBs in the NFL including Brady and both Mannings) and I agree that he is not currently a great deep passer - but I think that he does have the arm to improve there - it isn't like he had the weapons at Syracuse to throw deep a lot. I'll also admit that he needs to put better touch on his short passes, but I think he has a strong enough arm to have a chance to succeed in the NFL.

All in all, I think Nassib is among the best of a weak QB crop. I don't know if he is the top guy or not, but he is somewhere in the top 5 IMHO.

Edited by OldTimer1960

Yeah me and the boys here will have more time on sundays to do other things. If we draft Nassib. Enough is enough.This will tell if Brandon wants to sell tickets to the homers,or win games. This is why we Duh Bills. So Nassib knows the (system) . So it has to be the pick ? Marrone and company can`t teach a new more athletic ,taller ,faster better armed Qb the (system) . Kolb can play till the better prospect is ready. But we are the Bills and this is what we do. Nassib in my opinion is too short for a pocket passer. Yeah Rodgers is the same height ,BUT he can RUN. This is the same with other shorter Q.B.s. Slow and short will not work. Oh yeah the lack of deep ball also will work against him. Shorter field to defend because of no deep ball threat. The senior bowl sealed the deal. He looked like a high school Q.B. out there against top talent. Looked like the Rutgers ,Pitt , Temple games.

Yeah me and the boys here will have more time on sundays to do other things. If we draft Nassib. Enough is enough.This will tell if Brandon wants to sell tickets to the homers,or win games. This is why we Duh Bills. So Nassib knows the (system) . So it has to be the pick ? Marrone and company can`t teach a new more athletic ,taller ,faster better armed Qb the (system) . Kolb can play till the better prospect is ready. But we are the Bills and this is what we do. Nassib in my opinion is too short for a pocket passer. Yeah Rodgers is the same height ,BUT he can RUN. This is the same with other shorter Q.B.s. Slow and short will not work. Oh yeah the lack of deep ball also will work against him. Shorter field to defend because of no deep ball threat. The senior bowl sealed the deal. He looked like a high school Q.B. out there against top talent. Looked like the Rutgers ,Pitt , Temple games.

Geez... Thanks for your expert scouting analysis. Can we grade all QBs on their two worst games. Should Marino's career be defined by the 23-0 whooping the Bills put on him in 89? Should Brady's career be defined by the whooping the Bills put on him in 2003? Should us wallers define you as total idiot because of your 8th grade level posts?

If I've told you once I've told you a dozen times...

You are going to warm up to Nassib quickly.

Geez... Thanks for your expert scouting analysis. Can we grade all QBs on their two worst games. Should Marino's career be defined by the 23-0 whooping the Bills put on him in 89? Should Brady's career be defined by the whooping the Bills put on him in 2003? Should us wallers define you as total idiot because of your 8th grade level posts?

If I've told you once I've told you a dozen times...

You are going to warm up to Nassib quickly.

Yeah when the Jets draft him. Lots of sacks and fumbles. I will love him. Your right.

Yeah when the Jets draft him. Lots of sacks and fumbles. I will love him. Your right.

Your teacher wants to see you. She said something about knowing the difference between your and you're... unless English is your second language.

I am really thinking the pick is Nassib. He could be the best QB out of this class when all is said and done, you look at the offense ran (A lot like New Orleans) and he can make all the throws Brees can. You look at the fact of how familiar he will be with the offense already...

Without the PI non call in the MNF replacement ref game, the great Russell Wilson would not have led his team to the playoffs.

I often see this kind of reasoning, and it never makes sense. That was an early season game. If they'd lost it, who's to say they wouldn't have had a chip on their shoulder and won a different game for the same record? Or been discouraged and hit a losing skid? Or won 3?

You can say that if one game was flipped from a loss to a win, the team wouldn't have made the playoffs- that's fact - but not that the whole season would have come out just the same.

I'm shocked at the Nassib evaluations this offseason. I'm shocked at the seemingly growing groundswell from Bills fans wanting him. There's a scene from the 70's movie Stepford Wives where Katherine Ross discovers that her friend had "changed". This thread weirdly reminds me of that…lol I keep shaking my head at the fans who want Nassib after three years of Fitzpatrick. I don't even see Nassib being an average NFL starter let alone a "Jim Kelly" type of franchise QB that we desperately need again. I'm hoping beyond hope that the Marrone/Nassib connection is being used as cover for the real guy they think has a shot at franchise QB stardom.

If Nassib is so GREAT and Marrone is so GREAT, why is it that Nassib is not considered a GREAT top 10 prospect by anyone on this planet not named Russ Lande? This is a question that no one wants to answer here in this thread. That's because the logical answer is that one of the two are not that great.

Edited by 1billsfan

I'm shocked at the Nassib evaluations this offseason. I'm shocked at the seemingly growing groundswell from Bills fans wanting him. There's a scene from the 70's movie Stepford Wives where Katherine Ross discovers that her friend had "changed". This thread weirdly reminds me of that…lol I keep shaking my head at the fans who want Nassib after three years of Fitzpatrick. I don't even see Nassib being an average NFL starter let alone a "Jim Kelly" type of franchise QB that we desperately need again. I'm hoping beyond hope that the Marrone/Nassib connection is being used as cover for the real guy they think has a shot at franchise QB stardom.

If Nassib is so GREAT and Marrone is so GREAT, why is it that Nassib is not considered a GREAT top 10 prospect by anyone on this planet not named Russ Lande? This is a question that no one wants to answer here in this thread. That's because the logical answer is that one of the two are not that great.

Like I said ,most Bills fans not in the Western N.Y., Syracuse area do not like him. Most is the key word. Mayock has him ranked as the 5th best QB in a weak class. These posters also think NO other QB can learn this west coast system. I remember alot of posters early last year wanting us to draft Barkley and Landry Jones ,Wilson last year. Now The cuse has a above average year, and Nassib is the Savior.The pinstripe Bowl,which his stats were pedestrian. Whatever.