Possible Flynn trade to Raiders, Palmer to Cardinals

Virgil

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Raiders got Flynn for nothing. A 5th rounder in next year's draft and a conditional pick two full years from now.

Maybe so, but they also inherit Flynn's contract, which is a substantial investment. I think we can count the Raiders as one more team that does not feel there is a QB in this class worthy of being taken in the first round, or at least early in the first round. And probably the Cardinals, too, if they sign Palmer.

Edited by mannc

The Raiders got Flynn for nothing. A 5th rounder in next year's draft and a conditional pick two full years from now.

Maybe so, but they also inherit Flynn's contract, which is a substantial investment.

And that contract, unless it's been renegotiated is per Rotoworld:

3/18/2012: Signed a three-year, $19.5 million contract. The deal contains $10 million guaranteed -- a $6 million signing bonus, Flynn's 2012 base salary, and $2 million of his second-year salary. Another $5 million is available through escalators. An additional $2 million worth of incentives is available, but is "unlikely to be earned." 2013: $6.5 million, 2014: $5 million, 2015: Free Agent

And that contract, unless it's been renegotiated is per Rotoworld:

3/18/2012: Signed a three-year, $19.5 million contract. The deal contains $10 million guaranteed -- a $6 million signing bonus, Flynn's 2012 base salary, and $2 million of his second-year salary. Another $5 million is available through escalators. An additional $2 million worth of incentives is available, but is "unlikely to be earned." 2013: $6.5 million, 2014: $5 million, 2015: Free Agent

It was renegotiated. He gets 6.25m this year guaranteed, but his contract for next year goes down to 2.5m. He made like 8m last year for Seattle and I think they owe him 2m for this year even though he is traded, but not sure.

@AdamSchefter: Cardinals trade for Palmer now official. Raiders get back a conditional 7th-rd pick in 2014 if Palmer starts 13 games.

@RapSheet

The Carson Palmer trade to #Cardinals is official, source confirmed. His new salary? $20M over 2 years.

10m of it guaranteed. The Cardinals amazingly are back to being a worse run franchise than the Bills. I just don't see it with that OL. I do think it almost guarantees that the Cards take an OL with their first pick though, which is good for us IMO because I don't want one.

I would wait until the second round to draft a QB , truly none of these guys are worth a first round pick, did anyone watch Geno Smith VS Syracuse in the pin stripe bowl in the snow? He was less than ordinary and looked frozen. Lol imagine him playing nov & dec games at the Ralph