Fred Davis Signs With Skins

box0life

yeah he wanted to resign since the beginning he made that pretty clear. he only went to visit other teams to put pressure on the skins.

agreed on this. he wanted to make sure he landed somewhere. played all the options. good for him. the players have to play hardball as well as the teams do. why sign with no-QB Bills when RGIII is waiting in a TE-friendly offense in D.C. ?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another failure by this front office. Can't lure free agents with no QB and no real plan. I'll give them credit for at least trying, but unless they over pay, I don't see them landing any significant free agents. Nix has been an absolute failure throughout his Bills tenure and it starts with the Gailey hire. We are a laughingstock again and it is getting very old. Add Regier as a total failure also. What has he done to improve this team.as we sit near the bottom of the standings with an owner that will freely spend for a winner. Why is Regier and Nix still employed?

Look, the guy has a drug history and is coming off a serious injury where only 2/3 of players come back and those that do are usually at a significant lower level.

The guy was looking for a long term contract with a big payday and no sensible team was gonna give him that under the circs. So he trolled a couple of desperate teams (Jets, Bills), determined his worth in the market was not gonna give him the payday of his dreams. The Redskins maybe sweeten the pot a bit and he figures he'll prove he's back next year with RGIII throwing to him and then go get paid.

What exactly is our FO failure here? That we didn't back up the Brinks truck and sign a player coming back from achilles to a multi-year deal a la Merriman? Can we learn from our mistakes here?

Edited by Hopeful

He was going to resign with them all along. Just using us for a courtesy interview. Who wants to sign with this craphole team anyway unless you overpay him?

this is the way i felt the entire time our brain trust{so called} was courting him. I never gave it a second thought that he would actually sign here. just get a number to take back to the skins so they can deal...

Breaking - Levitre goes to Titans. Dangnabbit

sorry guys if this was already talked about, i missed it... didnt mean to offend your principles...

Mods, delete thread please, if you will. i missed the other thread. my bad....

Edited by Zona

this is the way i felt the entire time our brain trust{so called} was courting him. I never gave it a second thought that he would actually sign here. just get a number to take back to the skins so they can deal...

sorry guys if this was already talked about, i missed it... didnt mean to offend your principles...

All good bro..I've been ridiculed more times than I can count..it's all in fun.

Bills sign Manny Lawson!!!

Seriously though, the person who starts a thread can also close it or delete it. No need for the mods to get involved.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/02/fred-davis-gets-2-5-million-for-one-more-year-with-redskins/

PFT has the terms:

Per a source with knowledge of the contract, Davis will earn $2.5 million for one more year with the team, in the form of a non-guaranteed $1 million base salary and a $1.5 million signing bonus.

Is pot cheaper in DC? :w00t:

Kind of glad they did not sign him very very talented but I was unsure due to the problems of the field. I think most teams thought that way too

Medicinal Mary Jane is Legal in DC. I bet a blown ACL can get you a script. ;-)