Buffalo one of the 5 weakest rosters

The Colts had the worst roster in the NFL last year. Redskins were also probably on this list as well. Amazing how one player can change how teams are viewed.

i don't think Colts roster was worst... they were pretty good the previous years and many players were still there. but it DOES show how if you have no QB then it doesn't make a difference, especially to the offense.

anyways, biggest point of this thread topic is WE DO lack talent, have holes, and thus can't really afford to trade up for a QB they aren't sold on. take one, yes... but not ruin rest of your draft or next years for one that will not be much, f any, better than one you can get later... which seems to be the consensus at this point.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say we shouldn't overpay for players, but then suggest that letting Levitre (a B+/A- guard not known for elite run-blocking) walk at $8.5m/year was a mistake. We shouldn't be spending 7% of our cap on a guard, much less a non-elite guard. When a team has been as bad as the Bills have been for as long, it's everything: front office, coaching, significant numbers of under-performing players. I think this ranking reflects a mediocre roster with a horrific QB situation. Whether we're in worse shape than the Rams or the Lions or the Chiefs or the Cardinals, well, that's what the season's for. I think it's highly unlikely that the worst five rosters in the NFL are all from one conference.

you made my point for me

we overpay for non performer and other peoples castoffs yet when we finally draft a keeper we cannot afford him...look what we poaid Mario...how many players could do what he does for 1/2 the cost.

For us to have a cap problem we have over paid a lot of non performers..Levitre showed up and played each game...more than the reat of them and we lose him. to me that is sad and bad management

And this my friends is what is called "blind optimism". Excited about a coach that has not done anything yet, unconcerned about the lack of talent, not concerned about FA signings or draft selections. Just excited by the possibilities of their own imagination unencumbered by the harsh realities of facts and history because the new coach has no real history as a NFL head coach to contradict their imagination. Sort of like a young child on Christmas or Easter, waiting for the Easter Bunny to bring them candy and Santa to bring them presents.

And you are the young kid that likes to go around and tell kids that Santa isn't real.

You know what, Ya I have optimism. I rather be excited about the unknown than B word and complain about every little thing like half this forum does. I love my bills, loved them since I was born and my mom put me in a bills binky. Loved being a fan after the 4 super bowl loses. I lived in florida and now California, and whenever anyone asks who is your team, I say proudly the Bills. They laugh and I respond with smile. Why be concerned over draft picks and FA? My guess is, no matter who we pick you will B word about them for a good couple of months. Great example. CJ spiller. I remember reading about him being a bust, horrible pick, blah blah blah, but now the guy is a super star. FA, great example, Mario Williams, horrible for the first 3/5 of the season. All I read was people bitching on this site. So my question is why be concerned over who we pick. It is proven no matter who we ever sign or draft people will find a way to complain. Even at HC, and OC. We havent seen one season of these guys and we already think we know them. So be a bitchy bills fan all you want. You actually remind me of my roommate. Can't stand watching bills games with him because all he does is knock the bills and only 2min in the 2nd qt and he thinks the game is over. (he is a "bills" fan too)

All I know is come Sunday at kickoff, I will be excited to see what the bills have to offer. And until kick off for you, my guess is you will be still complaining about something the bills did wrong. Go blame ralph or something.

Edited by brenty

Buffalo is listed as number 4 of the 5 weakest rosters going into the draft. They list (1) Jacksonville, (2) Oakland, (3) New Jersey Jets behind us; and (5)San Diego ahead of us. The article pointed out the deficiencies at LB, CB, and WR which I agree with. But I don't feel we're in need of a RT. Your thoughts?

I don't buy it. If we had a QB we would be good.

Buffalo is listed as number 4 of the 5 weakest rosters going into the draft. They list (1) Jacksonville, (2) Oakland, (3) New Jersey Jets behind us; and (5)San Diego ahead of us. The article pointed out the deficiencies at LB, CB, and WR which I agree with. But I don't feel we're in need of a RT. Your thoughts?

I agree with this assessment...

Obviously Russ Brandon and Buddy Nix do not... B-)

What does being a viable team mean in a system designed for parity? No one is talking about being a SB caliber team, at least I'm not. You are bringing up a red herring. Over the past three years of Nix's tenure the Bills have almost not been able to beat teams with winning records. What does that tell you as far as being a measuring stick? What does a 16-32 record tell you in comparison to the rest of the leauge? That success is right around the corner? Let's get real here.

I'm far from being emotional when I bring up the simple fact of the team's record over the past three years. Are the Bills better? That is a meaningless question? The issue isn't how much the Bills improved so much is how improved are they against their competitors.

You point out that the both of us are simply conjecturing about the Bills. When I point out the team's record under Nix I am not conjecturing. I am stating facts. You don't win one game out of every three games you play because you have a robust roster. You win at that paltry rate because of a roster having a lack of talent in a wide array of positions.

You mentioned we got beat by San Fran and Seattle. Would you agree that they are super bowl contending teams? I simply put that connection together with you mentioning them specifically. You're talking about records and I thought this whole discussion was about rosters. Yes record isn't conjecture but you changed the topic. So my opinion is that the argument is Teams that make the playoffs have their QB situation solved. I'm arguing that our roster is good and better than teams mentioned in this article and others and better than we as a fan base give our FO credit for. Agreeing or disagreeing with that is conjecture. Therefore it's my opinion. For example the Panthers have Cam Newton so they have a huge advantage but their roster is awful and they are in salary cap hell, yet they don't make the list and the Bills do. To me it's clear why we are on the list. We don't have a QB. I just don't think that's a fair assessment of our roster as a whole.

I agree with this assessment...

Obviously Russ Brandon and Buddy Nix do not... B-)

Brandon and Buddy don't know what they're talking about: plain and simple. Hence all the losing. Or they think Bills fans are really stupid.

And if anyone thinks a rookie NFL coach with a rookie O coordinator from college are going to put up a bunch of points with an O with no QB. Well, never mind.

:cry:

P.S. I DO think the D will be MUCH improved however, and that may help keep the Bills in some low scoring games against equally

poor teams.

Edited by SoCal-Surf

I never said we were capable of beating super bowl contending teams nor did I say we are close to being a serious playoff contending team. I know you want to get emotional but try to trust your eyes and not your heart. I said we are a viable team (that means capable), and have enough talent with a QB that could win. Of course we have holes and some are gaping, but I think most teams do. Not the super bowl contending teams but the good teams trying to get there have them. I also realize that what I'm saying is conjecture and can't be proven but with all do respect so is this article and everything you've said. We just don't know what kind of team we would have if we had a QB. I'm of the opinion that with one we could win.

So the Bills aren't even close to contending for the playoffs=bottom 5-8 team in the league. Even the poor teams are at least closer then we are. If a team "isn't even close" to contending for a playoff team then what are they "capable" of? Not much.

So the Bills aren't even close to contending for the playoffs=bottom 5-8 team in the league. Even the poor teams are at least closer then we are. If a team "isn't even close" to contending for a playoff team then what are they "capable" of? Not much.

Yeah, but the Bills are loaded with talent. See the connection? B-)

Yeah, but the Bills are loaded with talent. See the connection? B-)

They're not as loaded as teams like Arizona, Carolina, Oakland, Jacksonville, Cleveland, NY Jets, S.D. St. Louis and Tennessee.

Edited by Triple Threat

No it's Chan's fault this roster is loaded.....ohh and it's Fitzpatrick's fault we have all kinds of play makers.

Did either of them contribute to this team being a success? No. That is why they are gone.

as usual, if a bunch of things that are gonna change were to hit they could challenge for a playoff spot. realistically thats about a twenty pcent chance at best. but hey it could happen

hitting on a qb is the obvious hugeamongo elephant in the china shop must have. finding a legit wr2 would be huge. another real good lb and at least another solid backup/rotation guy. the cb2 works as expected and cb3 shows up. and a partridge family in a pear tree

ten pcent

They're not as loaded as teams like Arizona, Carolina, Oakland, Jacksonville, Cleveland, NY Jets, S.D. St. Louis and Tennessee.

Took the other 4 teams mentioned in the article off your list for you. You're welcome.

So, you are either being sarcastic and actually think the Bills are more loaded with talent than Arizona, Carolina, Cleveland, St. Louis, and Tennessee or you are just a troll. If it is the former, back it up with an argument with a dram of substance.

...For example the Panthers have Cam Newton so they have a huge advantage but their roster is awful and they are in salary cap hell, yet they don't make the list and the Bills do. To me it's clear why we are on the list. We don't have a QB. I just don't think that's a fair assessment of our roster as a whole.

This comes a little closer to something subjective. You may be right that Carolina escaped the list because of Cam Newton. On the other hand, the article does not solely focus in on QB. It clearly refers to other positions. It also does not mention Arizona or Cleveland. which are two teams that, like the Bills, are considered to be totally desperate for a QB upgrade. So, saying the article's list focused exclusively on QB and missed all the copious stockpiles of talent on the roster is rather specious.

And you are the young kid that likes to go around and tell kids that Santa isn't real.

You know what, Ya I have optimism. I rather be excited about the unknown than B word and complain about every little thing like half this forum does. I love my bills, loved them since I was born and my mom put me in a bills binky. Loved being a fan after the 4 super bowl loses. I lived in florida and now California, and whenever anyone asks who is your team, I say proudly the Bills. They laugh and I respond with smile. Why be concerned over draft picks and FA? My guess is, no matter who we pick you will B word about them for a good couple of months. Great example. CJ spiller. I remember reading about him being a bust, horrible pick, blah blah blah, but now the guy is a super star. FA, great example, Mario Williams, horrible for the first 3/5 of the season. All I read was people bitching on this site. So my question is why be concerned over who we pick. It is proven no matter who we ever sign or draft people will find a way to complain. Even at HC, and OC. We havent seen one season of these guys and we already think we know them. So be a bitchy bills fan all you want. You actually remind me of my roommate. Can't stand watching bills games with him because all he does is knock the bills and only 2min in the 2nd qt and he thinks the game is over. (he is a "bills" fan too)

All I know is come Sunday at kickoff, I will be excited to see what the bills have to offer. And until kick off for you, my guess is you will be still complaining about something the bills did wrong. Go blame ralph or something.

Wow ! Very very much THIS right here.

jb

We have one zealot fan who is a regular poster who believes the failure of the organization is due to the lackluster support of the fans. His line of reasoning is when your eyes tell you that something is bad the solution is to close your eyes. He believes that chiding the battered fans is the solution to breathing new life into a deflated franchise. LOL

Great! So now its my fault

Watching the Sabres Florida game. Must be 5k fans there only