Nix not close on re-signing anyone.

Jdragon2

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason why the Bills haven't signed then is because they are either in no hurry (obviously) or they are going to "blow it up" and start all over. Again.

Did you think firing the head coach wasnt a sign of "blow it up?"

We blew up the old plan in January. Corey Mac and kyle moore have little to do with proving that

I think the reason why the Bills haven't signed then is because they are either in no hurry (obviously) or they are going to "blow it up" and start all over. Again.

Everything they are doing points to the latter. The astounding thing is that the person who assembled the crumbling foundation in the first place is apparently in charge of rebuilding it.

They are going to rebuild with mid to low tier FA's that are affordable and fit the system. When they want too much they will let them go. They have a number they feel each position and player is worth. Funny...some team that is in our own division does that and did it since day one their current owner took over.

So, Corey Mac and Kyle Moore are the keys to making a SB run? This must be the first experience with a coaching change for some. Marrone is gonna run things his way and if certain players aren't part of that plan, so be it.

GO BILLS!!!

Everything they are doing points to the latter. The astounding thing is that the person who assembled the crumbling foundation in the first place is apparently in charge of rebuilding it.

I still see Nix's remaining for the 2013 draft as part of Brandon's overall plan. It's not something some can wrap their arms around, but Nix will be the scapegoat when things inevitably aren't good this year. After all, the current GM owns this roster, hired the previous coach, went with the now released QB and now they're moving on from him.

Nix does more for Brandon hanging around than he would be gone. Strange as it may seem, that's the modus operandi I see taking place.

They are going to rebuild with mid to low tier FA's that are affordable and fit the system. When they want too much they will let them go. They have a number they feel each position and player is worth. Funny...some team that is in our own division does that and did it since day one their current owner took over.

Yep, just blindly trust OBD to have a viable plan in place. They are always one step ahead of the competition.

That's not really the impression one gets reading the article. It says there is interest by the Bills, no real market for some of their free agents (meaning they can be had for at or near the minimum), and yet Nix stated they wouldn't be pursuing them until later in the summer or even early in the season. As the author points out, Nix seems to be suggesting they won't be making moves on any free agents until Byrd's deal is done. Rebuilding "via mid to low tier FA's" on the cheap is not really even hinted at there.

I still see Nix's remaining for the 2013 draft as part of Brandon's overall plan. It's not something some can wrap their arms around, but Nix will be the scapegoat when things inevitably aren't good this year. After all, the current GM owns this roster, hired the previous coach, went with the now released QB and now they're moving on from him.

Nix does more for Brandon hanging around than he would be gone. Strange as it may seem, that's the modus operandi I see taking place.

This is a plausible theory for a thin skinned president to deflect blame.

But it's a horrible plan for the team, as I think that the major reason that many FAs have avoided OBD is that there's still no certainty about the team's management structure and direction. It becomes a huge Catch 22, hard to attract veteran FAs with so many roster holes and questions about the O & D. I think this year for Marrone will be similar to Greggo's first year to show the league what kind of organization he will run. Hopefully, he'll do better than Greggo in assembling a total package.

We have not blown up the whole thing. There are still a lot of very good players on the roster. Our o-line lost 1 starter. Our D-line is very solid and frankly I can't wait to see what they do in a more aggressive style. We'll probably sign McIntyre back or if not we'll get another FB to replae his 10 plays a year. Kyle Moore is the message board superstar (of course that can change on a dime) but maybe the coaches don't agree....or maybe they will sign him back. Either way I am not losing sleep over it.

Get a decent QB and the rest falls into place.

This is a plausible theory for a thin skinned president to deflect blame.

But it's a horrible plan for the team, as I think that the major reason that many FAs have avoided OBD is that there's still no certainty about the team's management structure and direction. It becomes a huge Catch 22, hard to attract veteran FAs with so many roster holes and questions about the O & D. I think this year for Marrone will be similar to Greggo's first year to show the league what kind of organization he will run. Hopefully, he'll do better than Greggo in assembling a total package.

On the other hand, it's not easy to put forward a strong, positive image if one's first year is pointed towards a "full-on tank mode". I hope it isn't the case they are betting it all on Marrone's track record at Syracuse of pumping some life into what was a program on life support by hitching themselves up to an artificial lung machine.

A couple points:

1. The expensive signings last year should put the whole "Bills don't want to spend money" bullcrap to rest. Let's be rational about this, right?

2. You may notice that nobody else has signed them, either. Hmmmm.

3. At the same time, I'm frustrated that the Bills haven't done more in the early stages of FA to improve. That said, I'm not sure the money being handed out to these players is really worth it. Did you see the contract for Wallace? That is insane money for a WR who might be targeted 5 - 8 times a game.

http://www.buffaloru...-2013-buddy-nix

Thought this was interesting. At the very least Kyle Moore or Corey MacIntyre should be back.

This screams of, "We'll sign them when the costs come down."

If that isn't the case...I'm officially on the..."What the hell is their plan?" bus.