Free Agents Left

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150953/article/top-40-remaining-nfl-free-agents

Above is a list of the major free agents left. I personally wouldn't mind getting Brandon Moore (since Levitre is gone) and sign Dasby or another LB. Since we've already shown our hand in the draft, let's fill a few holes now. Thoughts?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally-

Brandon Moore G - 2 years

Brad Jones LB - 4 years

Karlos Dansby LB - 1 year

Darius Heyward-Bey WR - 1 year

Kevin Walter WR- 1 year

Draft:

1. Geno Smith/Matt Barkley

2. Robert Woods WR USC

3. Gavin Escobar TE San Diego St

4. Brandon McGee CB Miami

5. Hugh Thornton G/T Illinois

7. Sean Renfree QB Duke

http://www.nfl.com/n...nfl-free-agents

Above is a list of the major free agents left. I personally wouldn't mind getting Brandon Moore (since Levitre is gone) and sign Dasby or another LB. Since we've already shown our hand in the draft, let's fill a few holes now. Thoughts?

I like any of Moore/Slauson/Boothe at OG

Dansby or D. Smith at LB

Beckum or Coffman at TE

Grimes at CB

Zbikowski at S

Danario Alexander at WR

I can't believe the lack of respect for Rey Maualuga on this board (and in the NFL)... To call him a "role player" is ridiculous IMO... Guy is a beast at stopping the run... Sure he has pass coverage issues but I clearly remember the Bengals defense getting much better soon as he was starting for them... When he was absent with injury, they didn't look the same...

I like 1 year contracts for all free agents, unless is Dansby. I might give him 2.

I can't believe the lack of respect for Rey Maualuga on this board (and in the NFL)... To call him a "role player" is ridiculous IMO... Guy is a beast at stopping the run... Sure he has pass coverage issues but I clearly remember the Bengals defense getting much better soon as he was starting for them... When he was absent with injury, they didn't look the same...

Apparently Cincy thought so...they resigned him

I didn't see contract. How much?

2 year 6.5 mill

Ideally-

Brad Jones LB - 4 years

Kevin Walter WR- 1 year

Draft:

2. Robert Woods WR USC

7. Sean Renfree QB Duke

That would be great. Relatively cheap and would still have money to extend Byrd. Too bad we might sign one of those FAs and the only way we can't geno would be to give up our 2nd (at least)

Wow, there's obviously still a lot of very good players there. Are the Bills waiting to get some of these guys on the cheap by waiting them out??

We have MAJOR holes at QB/TE/WR/LG/ILB/OLB/S. We can't possibly adequately fill those positions with only SIX draft picks.

Is Buffalo's strategy to go in the tank this year in order to garner a high draft pick next year...........and then select their franchise QB?? It's sure starting to look that way.

If the plan is indeed to go into the tank and hide then I don't see the Bills trying to do very much in free agency. Even if they do plan to "tank one for the team" they would be wise to pick up some younger FAs to build around.

Here are my recommendation for the two scenarios below:

1. Tanking one for the team:

ILB Rey Maualuga - Improvement over what we have

OG Brandon Moore - Need a vet OG (just to keep our QB upright)

Draft QB M. Barkley at #8 overall.

2. Trying to actually be competive:

ILB Rey Maualuga - Improvement over what we have

WR Brandon Lloyd - Need a vet WR (did not fit well with NE, but is still a productive player)

ILB Brad Jones - Improvement over what we have

CB Mike Jenkins - Need a vet CB (could be solid #2 or #3 CB behind Gilmore)

OG Brandon Moore - Need a vet OG

Draft QB M. Barkley at #8 overall.

Victor Butler LB from Dallas. Only 25 yrs old, still time to develop. Saints, steelers and jets all had interest but couldnt agree on a deal.

Brandon Moore would be a solid replacement at guard, not as good as levitre but wont be so damn expensive.

Fred Davis at TE would add some kick to the recieving core. He's obviously not long term but we dont have enough draft picks to get a TE.

Im not a fan of any WR left. Gibson would have been good but bills werent interested. Draft one or two.

Apparently Cincy thought so...they resigned him

2 year 6.5 mill

Those are the types of contracts the Bills need to be signing players to. Maleuga would have been a great addition to this team at 7-8 mil for two years. Or say 10 mil for 3 years.

Cheap contract, good quality starter, etc.

Dansby could be that guy. Pollard could be that guy too. We could target an OL.

Denario Alexander would be worth throwing some more money at IMO.

Just add a guy or two already. Jump in the bargain bin wtf!!!

Ideally-

Brad Jones LB - 4 years

Kevin Walter WR- 1 year

Draft:

2. Robert Woods WR USC

7. Sean Renfree QB Duke

I would be pretty happy if the rest of our offseason went like this.