Hang in there guys!

Things may look bad now with another new 3 year rebuilding plan, going on 13 years of 3 year rebuilding plans with no playoffs in sight. A new college HC, same old GM, a money guy running the football side, same owner. The Bills signing only one free agent so far.

It doesn't matter what free agents they sign this year or what players they draft this year. The Bills signed the second biggest and brightest free agent star (100 million dollars) on the market for the defense last season and unbelievably they got worse!

The Bills need a new franchise QB like Jim Kelly! The problem is, that QB isn't in this years draft class. Even if one is there, past history has shown us that there is no one in the org with the slightest clue of which one it is. The only way this team can find that elite "can't miss" Andrew Luck type guy is with the #1 overall pick.

The thing is, it may sound crazy, but the Bills really need to bottom out before they can get better! I mean really bottom out, like the 0-16 lions, the 1-15 Dolphins. All the Bills have done the last decade + is find new ways to be mediocre, and all that has done is find them more mediocrity. The best thing that can happen to this team is to flop so badly this season that they get that #1 overall next year to finally draft that franchise QB.

Things will get better at some point! Just gotta find that elusive baby....err franchise QB!

Keep the faith, 0-16 !! :thumbsup:

I remember talking about how it was going to be a rebuilding year if we let Chan go. It's going to start the cycle again. People flamed me hardcore, but it seems it's happening. However, I'm not giving up on them yet. Even if they don't have another FA come in, and they don't bring in a QB in the early rounds (though I do think they will), I am going to take a wait and see approach. We don't know why coach Marrone and company decided to stay this quiet, and the plan very well may come to light when the season comes. He has done nothing to lose my trust yet, until we see what he can do on Sundays.

Lets give this regime the benefit of the doubt right now. A short leash benefit of the doubt, but the benefit of the doubt none-the-less.

Go Bills!!!

Bc bottoming out has worked out so well for the Lions and Dolphins. How many playoff games have those teams won since they bottomed out?

This team has a ton of holes that could easily be filled right now but this front office seems content with sitting back and letting the rest of the league at least try and get better

It's business as usual for the Bills

Edited by Max997

Sadly, I remember a post long ago that explained--as soon as this franchise realizes that it is a joke...then it can change

Isn't that like AA.... The first step is admitting you have problem? Everything will be fine....someday.

Like a slot machine if they keep pulling the lever over and over or in this case hiring and firing, drafting and cutting, eventually they'll hit the jackpot.

Bc bottoming out has worked out so well for the Lions and Dolphins. How many playoff games have those teams won since they bottomed out?

This team has a ton of holes that could easily be filled right now but this front office seems content with sitting back and letting the rest of the league at least try and get better

It's business as usual for the Bills

Well...The Lions do have Stafford, Suh, and Megatron...So they sure as heck have some pieces to work with from bottoming out....

But I'm guessing the OP is thinking about the potential QB Draft Class of 2014...Which figures to be pretty special if the underclassmen declare...If the Bills were to bottom out the odds are good that 2013 would be the year to do it...I think though...somehow, some way...The Bills will figure out a way to win 5-6 games in 2013 and screw themselves out of bottoming out... ;)

Well...The Lions do have Stafford, Suh, and Megatron...So they sure as heck have some pieces to work with from bottoming out....

But I'm guessing the OP is thinking about the potential QB Draft Class of 2014...Which figures to be pretty special if the underclassmen declare...If the Bills were to bottom out the odds are good that 2013 would be the year to do it...I think though...somehow, some way...The Bills will figure out a way to win 5-6 games in 2013 and screw themselves out of bottoming out... ;)

Then we can all be lectured to by those that BILLIEVE that winning meaningless games in December is somehow noble while quoting Herm Edwards to support their position.

While the rest will be incredulous the Bills are blowing their chance at the top QB in 2014.

I can hardly wait for the season to start.

Then we can all be lectured to by those that BILLIEVE that winning meaningless games in December is somehow noble while quoting Herm Edwards to support their position.

While the rest will be incredulous the Bills are blowing their chance at the top QB in 2014.

I can hardly wait for the season to start.

BTW, this is a serious question.

How many draft spots did our meaningless week 17 win over the Nyets cost us?

Anyways, I think we all need this:

KOK, my good friend, the way YE OLE sees it "bottoming out" wouldn't necessarily help this team. The Lions as you point out, at least, got some pieces to work with. However, that franchise QB, they got in Stafford threw fewer TD's and more INT's than Fitzcannon last year. After one 10-6 season that ended in them getting pounded by the Saints in a wildcard game, they went right back to 4-12. Some franchises, just can't seem to consistently put a winning product on the field to save their life, regardless of having top draft choices year in and year out. Sadly, our beloved organization is in that group... and whether we see a 2-14 or a 7-9 type season next year, YE OLE doesn't see much hope in that changing.

I strongly disagree... I can never root for my team to lose, especially in the 1st 2 quarters of the football season... But I will say this... If we start off 0-8, then and only then will I root for losses... But if we're 4-4 or 3-5 or even 2-6, I still would hold on to some type of hope...

Also what's to say that if we have the number 1 overall pick in next year's draft that we don't get ourselves a Ryan Leaf? We need to be a solid team and try and find the Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilsons and the Colin Coepernicks out there and we'll be just fine... We can also get ourselves a Roethlisberger or an Aaron Rodgers (both super bowl champions) with a number 8 pick... Maybe not in this year's draft but then again, who knows...

The Bills will figure out a way to win 5-6 games in 2013 and screw themselves out of bottoming out... ;)

Maybe the new slogan will be go for the KOKBILLS!

You could hope for a KOKBILLS-quality 0-20 season but still would criticize because it has become a habit and you enjoy it more than actually winning. It is like AA and really difficult to stop until you admit it.

Even if Bills has a complete KOKBILLS quality season with last minute meltdowns every week it would not help the Bills for SUPPOSEDLY no FA would want to come here with the Bills being so bad. That is one plan not worth the effort of crumbling it up after using it to wipe up the dung!

BTW, this is a serious question.

How many draft spots did our meaningless week 17 win over the Nyets cost us?

Anyways, I think we all need this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rukkwl8oCus

Since you gave a serious question I'll give a serious answer.

As for your example the answer is quite obviously no effect at all. But like what happens on message boards people like to cherry pick their facts to support their point of view.

So in turn let me cherry pick mine. In 2010 the Bills started 0-8. They then went on to win 4 meaningless games in the second half costing them Cam Newton. If the Bills had continued to lose they would have their franchise QB today.

But thanks for ignoring the bigger point I was trying to make as to how supposed Bills fans seem to enjoy sniping at each other as much as supporting their team in any way that they choose to do it.

Since you gave a serious question I'll give a serious answer.

As for your example the answer is quite obviously no effect at all. But like what happens on message boards people like to cherry pick their facts to support their point of view.

So in turn let me cherry pick mine. In 2010 the Bills started 0-8. They then went on to win 4 meaningless games in the second half costing them Cam Newton. If the Bills had continued to lose they would have their franchise QB today.

But thanks for ignoring the bigger point I was trying to make as to how supposed Bills fans seem to enjoy sniping at each other as much as supporting their team in any way that they choose to do it.

You're completely wrong.

I didn't know the answer.

Things may look bad now with another new 3 year rebuilding plan, going on 13 years of 3 year rebuilding plans with no playoffs in sight. A new college HC, same old GM, a money guy running the football side, same owner. The Bills signing only one free agent so far.

It doesn't matter what free agents they sign this year or what players they draft this year. The Bills signed the second biggest and brightest free agent star (100 million dollars) on the market for the defense last season and unbelievably they got worse!

The Bills need a new franchise QB like Jim Kelly! The problem is, that QB isn't in this years draft class. Even if one is there, past history has shown us that there is no one in the org with the slightest clue of which one it is. The only way this team can find that elite "can't miss" Andrew Luck type guy is with the #1 overall pick.

The thing is, it may sound crazy, but the Bills really need to bottom out before they can get better! I mean really bottom out, like the 0-16 lions, the 1-15 Dolphins. All the Bills have done the last decade + is find new ways to be mediocre, and all that has done is find them more mediocrity. The best thing that can happen to this team is to flop so badly this season that they get that #1 overall next year to finally draft that franchise QB.

Things will get better at some point! Just gotta find that elusive baby....err franchise QB!

Keep the faith, 0-16 !! :thumbsup:

:censored::wallbash::oops::worthy::beer:B-):thumbsup: Edited by Dat '315' Dude

KOK, my good friend, the way YE OLE sees it "bottoming out" wouldn't necessarily help this team. The Lions as you point out, at least, got some pieces to work with. However, that franchise QB, they got in Stafford threw fewer TD's and more INT's than Fitzcannon last year. After one 10-6 season that ended in them getting pounded by the Saints in a wildcard game, they went right back to 4-12. Some franchises, just can't seem to consistently put a winning product on the field to save their life, regardless of having top draft choices year in and year out. Sadly, our beloved organization is in that group... and whether we see a 2-14 or a 7-9 type season next year, YE OLE doesn't see much hope in that changing.

The Lions seem to have finally found a decent enough president to bring change to the Org after former pres. Matt Millen ruined that team for almost a decade.

The thing is, the Lions are still looking for a great head coach to lead them. The Lions under Jim Schwartz currently run an asinine "wide 9" defense which purposely gives up yardage on the ground to help the pass rush, and stop the pass.

The lions defense has stunk it up under Schwartz , and the offense under OC Scott Linehan is getting their franchise QB beaten up. So, although the players are much improved its the coaching thats lacking now. Not to mention the Lions have had terrible luck with RB injuries. They need a proper defense, and dominate running game to help out that young QB.

So, it is conceivable the Bills will finally draft their franchise QB and he gets ruined by lame coaches. I'm hoping Marrone / Hackett will be something other then the same lame coaches that this franchise has endured the last 13 years.

Maybe the new slogan will be go for the KOKBILLS!

You could hope for a KOKBILLS-quality 0-20 season but still would criticize because it has become a habit and you enjoy it more than actually winning. It is like AA and really difficult to stop until you admit it.

Even if Bills has a complete KOKBILLS quality season with last minute meltdowns every week it would not help the Bills for SUPPOSEDLY no FA would want to come here with the Bills being so bad. That is one plan not worth the effort of crumbling it up after using it to wipe up the dung!

So I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you don't understand the ;) smilely huh? B-)

Speaking of the Lions, how did Schwartz escape the axe after that brutal season?

I think we will battle the jets and oakland for 1st pick in 2014 draft..this is the worst I have ever seen as a bills fan...the hiring of chan was hard to swallow..now we get another mediocre coach and losing best players (levitre) and team filled with holes..someone tell me how next year is any different from jaurons williams mularkey or gaileys first year?? If I was the gm I would trade kyle williams and cj for picks in 2014 and hit rock bottom this year and go big in 2014...and don't split fitz cap hit over 2 years bite the bullet and eat all the cap hit this year...we need gm who thinks long term not 6-10 short term